Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcrossley94

I'm sure if the money is great then he'd be open to it, yeah. But then you got to ask what his motivations are for moving here. I realise i'm being rather pessimistic here, but our recent dealings in the transfer window hasn't filled me with optimism. I'm not totally naive and i realise that many footballers move for the money, but this one just seems off.
All come around relatively quickly, might be one reason it feels off. I understand the pessimism especially with recent history on players only coming for the contract offer... thing is it’s a good deal on the face of it, lukaku for dybala, just have to see how it pans out

MUFC OK

Anyone who thinks we should turn down Dybala, when we still have lukaku who doesn’t want to be here and is the antichrist of how we want to play, after the summer we’ve had.. well there’s no pleasing you.

Sanche7

That's worryingly similar to the Di Maria situation at Real Madrid when Madrid were trying to make room and balance the books for James.
Not really. Dybala has been in and out of the team for the past few months whereas ADM was one of the key figures in a CL winning RM side. ADM really really wanted to go to PSG whereas Dybala (AFAIK) doesn't seem to have an such desires. Not to mention we have been looking at him for some time now.
I remember Neville saying that we were keeping an eye on him or something similar when he was in Palermo.

We can't blame Dybala for not really wanting to come here now, I doubt any top player would with question marks over our ambition, our manager and the way the club is run. When we signed ADM, the prospect of joining United was much more enticing because we had a proven manager who had just had a great WC and had a great reputation. Even though we didn't have CL, we could have said it's just a blip, Moyes was clueless etc. But that's not the case now. But if we are able to convince Dybala of the vision we have for the club and that it's an opportunity for him to be the main man again, I'm sure he will be happy to join

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Not sure on this. We have similar players that use the same positions. Too many lads who will want to play centrally or drift in from the right. I'd want someone at least comfortable on the right side, based on pre-season only one is Greenwood.

Dybala is a good player - it's just we have bigger areas we need to address first. Unless this means we will drop the Bruno pursuit.

izec

That's not actually true though, LVG was namechecking Di Maria and claiming that he was the type of player that he was missing early in the summer.
yes, but LvG wasnt the type of manager for ADM's sytle. They didnt get along well after a while to say the least.

EwanI Ted

Really hope this isn't true, if it is then we've learnt nothing from Di Maria, Falcao and the other disasters from the last 6 years.
Di Maria and Falcao were such different situations I struggle to see how they’re comparable in terms of lessons learned.

Treble

Juventus don't rate Dybala highly? What's the explanation for their willingness to let him go? He had a poor season but 17/18 scored 22 league goals.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
yes, but LvG wasnt the type of manager for ADM's sytle. They didnt get along well after a while to say the least.
That's a different point and LVG has a pretty bad transfer history, I will always remind people that he brought Pranjic and Braafheid to Bayern, he also allegedly didn't want to have anything to do with Neuer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Which sounds crazy that he signed him in the first place. I guess LVG didn’t do his research.

SirAnderson

Not liking that he isn't keen on the move. Would love him here, but always a risk when a player joins reluctantly, or just cause his current club don't want him.
Hope he finds a love for us, cause we already drooling over having him here. Arranged marriage have some success don't they....:nervous:

izec

That's a different point and LVG has a pretty bad transfer history, I will always remind people that he brought Pranjic and Braafheid to Bayern, he also allegedly didn't want to have anything to do with Neuer.
thats true, on both accounts actually. I think he was against Neuer initially, but then warmed to him or had to more or less.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Juventus don't rate Dybala highly? What's the explanation for their willingness to let him go? He had a poor season but 17/18 scored 22 league goals.
they rate him higher than Lukaku cause they believe he's worth more. hmmmm

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
they rate him higher than Lukaku cause they believe he's worth more. hmmmm
It’s about the manager and who he wants and who he feels will fit into this system. Also they have a ton of central midfielders so they might be changing their shape.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
di Maria was arriving as a well established superstar, Dybala on the other hand is younger, hungrier and yet to establish himself and find his niche at the top level. United should invest in players like him who are depressed assets with talent and high upside, especially when he is essentially replacing Lukaku who is surplus to requirements.

I still believe its a case of Juventus winding up Inter, otherwise I cannot fathom a sane and straight forward reason for swapping Dybala for Lukaku.

Moonwalker

There's hardly anything more pointless than trying to work out 'patterns' based on nationality, and how well someone's compatriots have done for us previously. I really hope most people engaged in this sort of nonsense are not completely serious.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Juve are serious contenders for CL, they pretty much win League and domestic cup every year. Why would you want to leave that to play Thursday night football? I don't get why people are surprised Dybala isn't pushing for a move here.
Fabrizio has said that Dybala prefers to stay but only leave for bigger wages. And since Juventus wants to get rid of him for Lukaku’s deal, he’s now open for negotiation with us. Thus, his agent is going to UK for the contract deal.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
There's hardly anything more pointless than trying to work out 'patterns' based on nationality, and how well someone's compatriots have done for us previously. I really hope most people engaged in this sort of nonsense are not completely serious.
Indeed.

izec

25 years, 85m Euros market value according to transfermarket. Lukaku is 26 and has a value of 75m. I hope we do a straight swap

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They need to make a big sale for FFP, are struggling with offloading Higuain's wages and apparently Cristiano wants to play next to a guy like Mandzukic. Why juventus wouldn't just stick with Mandzukic is beyond me :lol:

dev1l

Which sounds crazy that he signed him in the first place. I guess LVG didn’t do his research.
LVG was great with young players which are still learning. Older players tend to tolerate his rigid methods less

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Dybala doesn't fit in our team.
Rather have the money of lukaku and have a proper RW.

Dybala is not a RW
This.

It’s a great deal for us, until you remember we’d be shoehorning him in just because he’s Dybala. When you combine that with the fact he apparently doesn’t want to leave, then I’d rather we just sold Lukaku to Inter and took the money.

I mean, maybe we play him up top but I sort of hoped Rashford and Martial could share the no.9 role.

izec

some are, dont know who it was, but i had to convince someone a month ago that i dont worry about signing an Argentinian again (Dybala in this case)

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Should take cash for Lukaku instead of another guy who doesn't really want to come.

Will be gone within three seasons without doing too much for us if we somehow end up getting him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This.

It’s a great deal for us, until you remember we’d be shoehorning him in just because he’s Dybala. When you combine that with the fact he apparently doesn’t want to leave, then I’d rather we just sold Lukaku to Inter and took the money.

I mean, maybe we play him up top but I sort of hoped Rashford and Martial could share the no.9 role.
We have his role in the 4231, there is no shoehorning at all.

Judas

Open to offers
Yep agreed. It’s so bizarre to see people actually discuss it and bring it up genuinely.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tbf the way italian journos are putting it now, it's juventus want to sell Dybala for a big profit and are interested in getting lukaku as makeweight in that deal, rather than juventus want lukaku and would offer dybala in exchange

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think the biggest difference between Di Maria and Dybala is that Dybala still has everything to prove whereas Di Maria had won it all.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This.

Yes because we only play 10 games a season and we are only allowed to play one system.

Gandalf

25 years, 85m Euros market value according to transfermarket. Lukaku is 26 and has a value of 75m. I hope we do a straight swap
Forget transfermarket, it just gives a general idea of fees. The reports from Italy say they are looking for 100m for Dybala and value Lukaku at 65m and so are looking for 35m in cash from us to facilitate the swap. I would tell them straight swap or feck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.