Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

Are people seriously debating the authenticity of that snapchat? :lol:

I don’t think we need to go as far as the background sponsor ffs look at the state of it.

Gee Male

Probably been asked, but why are Juve so keen to get rid? Especially when losing Kean too.

Anyone else have a tiny alarm bell ringing here?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It’s to do with Sarri not wanting him. In fact Juve were looking to cash in as early as spring. He’s not wanted and I’m sure Juve politely communicated that.
Don't you think this is eerily similar to Di Maria? I mean, I think he's Dybala is a phenomenal player and it would be a coup to get him whilst also offloading Lukaku in the process, but all signs point to the fact that he'd rather stay at Juventus if that opportunity exists.

meninred

It is rumored OLe is emulating Liverpool with three winger strikers just like Emery is trying at Arsenal.

LonelyFire

Assuming Pogba will be staying, how did Juve play with Pogba and Dybala , in a midfield 2 with Pogba On the left and Dybala as a 10 or as a false 9 ?
Dybala predominantly played as a second striker when Pogba was there - either in 352 or 4312.

He’s very flexible - can play in all the forward positions but my personal opinion is better in a slightly withdrawn central role. Not a No.10 but deeper than the No.9. Similar to where Rooney was most effective

Treble

Probably been asked, but why are Juve so keen to get rid? Especially when losing Kean too.

Apparently, they view Dybala and Lukaku quite differently to the caftards.

Dybala has a terrific left leg. He doesn't stand out with pace, stamina, character. Peolpe imagining him to play as a right winger haven't watched him. He lacks pace and stamina for that position. Imo, his best position is as a second striker but Ole doesn't seem to use one in his scheme. Dybala is not strong and quick enough to play as a main striker in the PL.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It would be suicide to play all 3 in a side without cover behind them, and Pogba may play in a 2 but NOT with Matic or anyone we have here atm.
I’m sure we’ll work something out between Matic, Mctominay and Fred.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't figure out how to embed twitter thread atm :lol:

Anyways, check out dybala heat map 15/16 on google, there's a twitter thread by an indian journo that does an excellent job of showing which areas of the pitch he covered at juventus

DRM

After Sanchez, falcao, di Maria, its normal to feel a little sceptical about this.

StrettyEnder07

As if there are fans actually complaining about a swap for Lukaku and Dybala!

FML some people need to sort their heads out haha

Unbelievable left peg, in a fluid front 3 of interchanging he could be sensational, swapping with Rash from the right, can play false 9, no 10, shadow striker, we could potentially switch between what 3 formations during games with his versatility, phenomenal piece of business, buzzing if we pull this off.

If we get Bruno and Maguire, I have no idea how the hell Ole is going to fit them in but by christ it is gonna be exciting watching him try!

Finally some signings (hopefully) that say attack, pace, fluidity and going after teams rather than sitting back hoping to nick one.

For anyone moaning whinging and just being miserable, take your head for a wobble

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What. in the actual feck. ?!??

I don’t believe it but that looks so fecking genuine I’m actually tripping out. Could it actually be.......
Hey friend, I have some magic beans that grow into a giant stalk if you're interested :cool:

Mr Smith

No room for a #10 in Sarri's system, and last season showed Dybala isn't effective playing wide right. Plus he's no longer the talusmanic poster boy with Ronaldo there.

Paxi

Don't you think this is eerily similar to Di Maria? I mean, I think he's Dybala is a phenomenal player and it would be a coup to get him whilst also offloading Lukaku in the process, but all signs point to the fact that he'd rather stay at Juventus if that opportunity exists.
That they’re both Argentinian. After that there isn’t much. di Maria was one of the best players for Madrid and was the best player in the UCL final. Had senior players pleading with Perez not to sell him, alas, he was sold because he wasn’t commercial and good looking enough apparently. It’s a tough exit.

When di Maria came to United he actually started off fantastically and then we suffered a horrible defeat against Leicester which made LvG ultra cautious. Even both LvG and di Maria blame each other for way things worked out. In the game before United di Maria had nothing but respect for United et al but not the coach. I think it could have been potentially different had we had a coach who let him do his own thing.

With Dybala, he’s coming off a bad season. Allegri wanted to sell him for footballing reasons and Sarri now does too. I’m sure it’s been communicated to him. I mean of course Juve is a better proposition than United at the minute and Turin is much better than Manchester but it’s not like Robinho joining City and getting confused with whether he signed for Chelsea or United. It depends on Dybala’s attitude and how he wants to move on from this. I personally never heard that he had any problems at all in regards to sulking etc. We’re swapping him for Lukaku as well. It’s a winner anyway you look at it. I’d swap Lukaku for a fecking second hand Lada.

Last edited:

Nitewolf

Is Dybala a top player, yes he is..

Do I want us to replace Lukaku with a better player, definitely, I'm just tired of seeing him failed us in link up play and think we're dying for an upgrade. And yes like most of our fans 10 day before the end of the transfer window, I'm desparate for new signings.

However I can't help but be skeptical about this one.

Dybala is a one position player, that's the reason he is not playing for Juventus. Not because he is not good or he didn't settle in Torin. He is a classic number 10. He can't play in wings, can't be a number 9 and he's definitely not an 8. So we have to change our our style of play to accommodate him.

We can't play 4-5-1 with Pogba in a double pivot, we've been here before. We can't play with a Dimond 4-4-2 as we don't have a top class finisher, we can't possibly rely on 2 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood with Dybala behind two of them for the rest of the season, we still need a top finisher which we don't have, the only finisher we've been linked with was Ben Yedder. And I still can't see our team playing with no width in a 4-4-2 Dimond as both Shaw and AWB aren't famous for their attacking prowess and top crosses.

We can't go back to 3-5-2 with Dybal behind a lone striker like they did in Juventus in 2015-16 when Pogba and Dybala were together and had a great season. Cause simply we don't have proper wing backs to provide the support needed and again, we don't have a top finisher.

I'm just a naive fan who think he knows a thing or two from watching football for almost 30 years. But this looks to me like one for the books not for the game itself.

We aren't lacking in number 10, and no Dybala is not here as an upgrade to Lingard, Pogba himself is a number 10, the thing is, there is no actual need for a classic number 10 anymore in modern football for God's sake! We are very thin in the Middle, we need more DMs and CMs, we need an upgrade for Lukaku, and we need a defender. These positions are the backbone for any football team, and although we can fill other positions too once a chance present itself, it seems odd the bring a player who will create a hassle for us just to accommodate while ignoring our priorities.

I just hope we know what we're doing.

Reactions: Invictus

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not talking about the blatantly obvious errors man! I'm taking about the actual end product. What it looks like. Sheesh.
It looks nowhere near like a real life photo.

Why would a snapchat be so blurry? Why is Woodwards head in such a weird un natural position?

We all get excited but this is a really poor attempt :lol:

The shirt looks like the chequered shirt from Van persie year.

The kit he's wearing is an old one, we wear blue in our new signing photos.

AON all over the back instead of Chevrolet. It's just completely wrong.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Why would a snapchat be so blurry? Why is Woodwards head in such a weird un natural position?

Woodward is clearly running past to get the next deal done! :lol:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This signing could be pivotal in so many ways:

a) He's an experienced dynamic/versatile forward we've been after
b) Swapping with Lukaku + money means accounting wise we're not spending much
c) There is a chance a signing like this could convince Pogba to sign a new contract and stay :D. This ones hopeful, but still!

Wiriest Kitten

Imagine us reaching an agreement with Dybala, only for everything to fall apart because Lukaku refuses to sign for Juve.

Imagine the meltdown.

Treble

That they’re both Argentinian. After that there isn’t much. di Maria was one of the best players for Madrid and was the best player in the UCL final. Had senior players pleading with Perez not to sell him, alas, he was sold because he wasn’t commercial and good looking enough apparently. It’s a tough exit.

When di Maria came to United he actually started off fantastically and then we suffered a horrible defeat against Leicester which made LvG ultra cautious. Even both LvG and di Maria blame each other for way things worked out. In the game before United di Maria had nothing but respect for United et al but not the coach. I think it could have been potentially different had we had a coach who let him do his own thing.

With Dybala, he’s coming off a bad season. Allegri wanted to sell him for footballing reasons and Sarri now does too. I’m sure it’s been communicated to him. I mean of course Juve is a better proposition than United at the minute and Turin is much better than Manchester but it’s not like Robinho joining City and getting confused with whether he signed for Chelsea or United. It depends and Dybala’s attitude and how he wants to move on from this. I personally never heard that he had any problems at all in regards to sulking etc. We’re swapping him for Lukaku as well. It’s a winner anyway you look at it. I’d swap Lukaku for a fecking second hand Lada.
Only because most United fans dislike Lukaku and overrate Dybala. I think there are more PL goals in Lukaku than in Dybala. And it's not like Dybala is a top creator, he contributed 9 assists over the last two Serie A seasons, about as many as Lukaku. Juventus bosses are anything but stupid.

Paxi

Only because most United fans dislike Lukaku and overrate Dybala. I think there are more PL goals in Lukaku than in Dybala. And it's not like Dybala is a top creator, he contributed 9 assists over the last two Serie A seasons, about as many as Lukaku. Juventus bosses are anything but stupid.
And scored about one in two for them as well — which a pretty good record, considering the type of player he is. Heck it’s a decent record for any striker not named Ronaldo, Messi.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

I'm not going to get into this now. Believe what you will :)

Having used photoshop for years I will say that this is a great attempt at creating a blurry image of a secretly taken photo. I only spot a couple of mistakes.

Woodward is clearly in the foreground being interviewed or something.

romufc

This signing could be pivotal in so many ways:

a) He's an experienced dynamic/versatile forward we've been after
b) Swapping with Lukaku + money means accounting wise we're not spending much
c) There is a chance a signing like this could convince Pogba to sign a new contract and stay :D. This ones hopeful, but still!
He would have something to prove as well, he had a brilliant season beefore last then Cristiano came in and he was pushed to the side. For Argentina, he is pushed aside by Messi.

He is 25, relatively young, entering his prime, not a signings we are associated with. Good way to offload Lukaku and get a top signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.