Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

It's becoming fashionable to blame Woodward for everything. Do you think we'd buy Dybala if Ole said No?
I know, Woodward is really a synecdoche here for the United transfer approach.

Yes, I am sure Dybala would be foisted on him if he said no. I also think he's probably of the view that being given a player like that would provide everyone with a lift. I'm not so sure.

Man-United

If the talk about him demanding £350.000 is true then we should stay away. Stop with this pathetic wage structure the club has.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Appreciate that answer and having a good discussion.

I agree with your points. Who knows what will go on in that dialogue? What I think is that Sarri will communicate the club line that he is surplus to requirements. Juventus has obviously decided to sell Dybala, for what could be plenty of reasons.

As for Dybalas motivation to come here that will only be speculation. If he signs we will se what kind of character he has. From what I have read he is a very professional player and imo will succeed if he comes here.
Cheers, and I agree. It appears plausible for both scenarios - the ideal one that he is attracted to our club and the alternative one that he wants to push for another season.

I hope you're right on motivation and the approaches he has to the game. Would make him a different mould ADM!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Cheers, and I agree. It appears plausible for both scenarios - the ideal one that he is attracted to our club and the alternative one that he wants to push for another season.

I hope you're right on motivation and the approaches he has to the game. Would make him a different mould ADM!
I think he will come here and be extremely professional and give his all. I think people are reading a bit too much into the things about Dybala not being keen having been burnt so many times before.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd like to think that we are been extremely wary of Juve's motives here, we are rightly looked at as been idiots in the transfer market, so I just hope we aren't been played.

You do wonder if Pogba has something to do with it somehow, perhaps first refusal next summer might have helped this deal along the way.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think he will come here and be extremely professional and give his all. I think people are reading a bit too much into the things about Dybala not being keen having been burnt so many times before.
Yup. Also OGS would be a more flexible manager for attacking players than LVG

MattyB1986

f5'ing like an idiot...ugh!! I survived transfer muppetry so well this season as well. :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That sums up the CAF pretty well to be honest.

Treble

The most optimistic version about why Juve seem almost desperate to sell Dybala is that there is a serious problem between him and Ronaldo and the latter wants him out. It's optimistic because it's not related to doubts about Dybala's quality. If they rate him as highly as the fans on here, they wouldn't let him go for tactical reasons as you can always find a place for a top top talent, especially when the other forwards are 33-34 y.o. and time isn't exactly on their side. They are selling Kean and in a 1-2 years will be left with Lukaku...Doesn't make sense to sell Dybala who is entering his prime, unless there is something behind the scenes or he isn't simply as good as many people seem to believe.

VanGaalyTime

This reminds me so much of our chasing other big players. I remember we were supposed to be offering crazy money to Ramos as well. Dybala would be a good signing, but we should be focused on central defence and midfield. Getting Dybala and losing out on Maguire and Bruno sees us remain 6th this season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The most optimistic version about why Juve seem almost desperate to sell Dybala is that there is a serious problem between him and Ronaldo and the latter wants him out. It's optimistic because it's not related to doubts about Dybala's quality. If they rate him as highly as the fans on here, they wouldn't let him go for tactical reasons as you can always find a place for a top top talent, especially when the other forwards are 33-34 y.o. and time isn't exactly on their side. They are selling Kean and in a 1-2 years will be left with Lukaku...Doesn't make sense to sell Dybala who is entering his prime, unless there is something behind the scenes or he isn't simply as good as many people seem to believe.
Dybala and Ronaldo are pals. Ronnie definitely doesn’t want him out. He even done the Dybala mask celebration when Dybala was having a difficult time last year.

flappyjay

They can't afford Lukaku, how are Inter going to afford Dybala who is supposedly valued even higher? Not to add, Juve will rinse them being a domestic rival and all.
They would want to use icardi for a swap but would Juventus want the circus brought by icardi and the wife?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Complete guess game from all angles right now. Stick to what Di Marzio says.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This reminds me so much of our chasing other big players. I remember we were supposed to be offering crazy money to Ramos as well. Dybala would be a good signing, but we should be focused on central defence and midfield. Getting Dybala and losing out on Maguire and Bruno sees us remain 6th this season.
We definitely still need a midfielder and a defender, but for what it's worth I do think we will sign Maguire and Fernandes too.

Paxi

It's a pretty obvious PR move on Dybala's part.

He pleads that he doesn't want to leave and wants to stay, so Juve fans don't hate him.

He is "forced" to join us, but then gives us a story about how he's happy to play here and looks forward to a new challenge, and everybody is happy.

Win/Win.
This is exactly what’s happening in my view. Good take on things.

stevoc

Juve were interested in Icardi. Still think he is their first choice and we are being used here.

Inter don't need to pump up for Dybala as this is a straight forward swap.

Higuain > Roma
Dzeko > Inter
Icardi > Juve
Dybala > Inter

And Italian clubs love these kind of deals.
So a straight forward 3 way swap, not sure thats ever happened.

But Roma send Dzeko to Inter to replace Icardi, Inter send Icardi to Juve to replace Higuain who in turn send Higuain to Roma to replace Dzeko.

How does Dybala fit into all of that?

RollieOle

Surely if this report is true we ought to think twice about going through with the deal.
That is not necessarily a bad thing. Shows a good mentality that he is willing to fight for his place in the team but obviously he is being pushed out the door.

Paxi

Juve were interested in Icardi. Still think he is their first choice and we are being used here.

Inter don't need to pump up for Dybala as this is a straight forward swap.

Higuain > Roma
Dzeko > Inter
Icardi > Juve
Dybala > Inter

And Italian clubs love these kind of deals.
Or Juve just think to themselves — feck Inter. Let them be stuck with Icardi, and we buy a more reliable stable striker and send Dybala where he’s not going to come back to haunt us.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He can easily fit in the Mertens or the Insigne role that were very successful for Sarri at Napoli. Neither are natural wingers or center midfielders that you seem to think is what required for Sarrismo.
Mertens has ALWAYS been a natural in wide areas. Same as Insigne. I dont remember either of them ever operating in Sarri's 3 man midfield Like say a Hamsik did. They are also both natural wide forwards. Mertens too also became his center forward. Which CR7 will be at Juve

Back to juve though, Dybala can't compete with CR7 for the cf berth. Neither is he a more natural/ option that any of Juve's current options in wide areas, even at his best, which is why I said what I did.

No, the issue is that La Joya has stagnated and not really kicked on since his successful early seasons at Juve and the club hierarchy being ruthless businessmen are wielding the axe.

Look, he could be a huge success for us, but frankly I'd be surprised, especially if his heart is not set on joining in the first place. Let's wait and see.
I disagree But indeed we shall see how it pans out

Lemansky

Or Juve just think to themselves — feck Inter. Let them be stuck with Icardi, and we buy a more reliable stable striker and send Dybala where he’s not going to come back to haunt us.
That would be the most logical move. They would also avoid the backlash from their supporters sending one of their favourites to a rival.

Treble

Dybala and Ronaldo are pals. Ronnie definitely doesn’t want him out. He even done the Dybala mask celebration when Dybala was having a difficult time last year.
So, Juve don't really rate Dybala then. They will be left with Ronaldo, Madzukic and Hugain who are oldish (33+) and want to sell Kean and Dybala who are relatively young. They must really rate Lukaku. Something doesn't quite add up and the cited tactical reasons are not so convincing. There must be something we don't know.

Paxi

That would be the most logical move. They would also avoid the backlash from their supporters sending one of their favourites to a rival.
exactly. Makes zero sense to do business with Inter. I bet Patarici is laughing his ass off instead.

King Eric 7

Was hoping that we'd sell Lukaku and get a player we'd actually scouted and decided was a good fit for the team. Not sure Dybala will come to the PL and succeed so I hope the deal falls through (provided we still get rid of and replace Lukaku). It's a tough one as he's a talented player and it would be good to have more of those in our team I just think it's a bit of a risky deal.

Ronaldo's Love Child

The proposed Dybala transfer has some haunting echoes of the Sanchez one.

Arguably, a world class talent but not one that would obviously plug a hole in our dysfunctional team. We are after him because he is available and NOT because he was on our list of targets for our rebuild.......that worries me.

More worrying than the Sanchez transfer, we are losing our main striker (donkey that he is) as part of the swap yet Dybala doesn't really play as the head of the forward line so it means Lukaku isn't really being replaced. Are we really relying on the hope that Martial and/or Rashford will get the goals for us ?

Paxi

So, Juve don't really rate Dybala then. They will be left with Ronaldo, Madzukic and Hugain who are oldish (33+) and want to sell Kean and Dybala who are relatively young. They must really rate Lukaku. Something doesn't quite add up and the cited tactical reasons are not so convincing. There must be something we don't know.
Look we’re getting Dybala for fecking a donkey. Look maybe it’s a bit of an exaggeration to call Lukaku a donkey but he clearly doesn’t fit our plans and he must clearly fit Juve’s.

We were happy with replacing Lukaku with Ben Yedder ffs.

Let’s just hope the deal goes through and hope for the best.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The proposed Dybala transfer has some haunting echoes of the Sanchez one.

Arguably, a world class talent but not one that would obviously plug a hole in our dysfunctional team. We are after him because he is available and NOT because he was on our list of targets for our rebuild.......that worries me.

More worrying than the Sanchez transfer, we are losing our main striker (donkey that he is) as part of the swap yet Dybala doesn't really play as the head of the forward line so it means Lukaku isn't really being replaced. Are we really relying on the hope that Martial and/or Rashford will get the goals for us ?
Dybala's goal return is basically as good as Lukaku's and he's a far, far more versatile player. We're essentially replacing Lukaku's goals and getting a much better overall player to boot.

I'm not sure he will be a success here, no doubt the transfer does bear similarities to Di Maria and Sanchez, but for me it's a hell of a lot better than selling Lukaku for £80m and getting nothing in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.