Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm not excited about Dybala coming to United. I hope to be proven wrong. However, the team needs major investment in midfield and defence. This move feels like a big 'wow' moment to try and distract the fans from the improvements that haven't been made.

StrettyEnder07

I'm not excited about Dybala coming to United. I hope to be proven wrong. However, the team needs major investment in midfield and defence. This move feels like a big 'wow' moment to try and distract the fans from the improvements that haven't been made.
And the fact that we are swapping a player who does not fit Ole's way of playing to a striker who does, who can play inside forward from the right cutting in on his left foot, can play as a 10 and a false 9, adds total balance to the right which we have been missing for a few years, goals, assists, tricks, pace, final ball.

Not sure how people are anything other than excited by the thought of this.

Treble

Look we’re getting Dybala for fecking a donkey. Look maybe it’s a bit of an exaggeration to call Lukaku a donkey but he clearly doesn’t fit our plans and he must clearly fit Juve’s.

We were happy with replacing Lukaku with Ben Yedder ffs.

Let’s just hope the deal goes through and hope for the best.
Whether the deal is as good as fans imagine depends on the real reason why Juve want to get rid of Dybala, no?

Personally, I think it would be a good deal for us despite being sceptical about Dybala's goalscoring output in the PL compared to Lukaku's. 2 years ago I thought Dybala is quickly becoming one of the best players and is comparable to Hazard. Now he seems a clearly worse player than Salah, Mane, Sterling, Bernardo, etc. He seem to have regressed and Juve seem to think so.

If he is being available for only 80m, why only United are in for him then? This is quite cheap in the current market. The likes of Salah, Sterling, Bernardo would command a fee of 140m or more.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
To me this feel like Ed getting giddy with excitement like he did back in 2014 when he went and signed Di Maria and Falco and goes in line with his classic 'Adult Disneyland' anecdote

I hoped he'd learnt but alas not. Like you I hope obviously I'm proven dead wrong

beycont

There are some players who, when they become available, you sign them.

Wasn't Cantona signed at the spur of the moment?

Lemansky

And the fact that we are swapping a player who does not fit Ole's way of playing to a striker who does, who can play inside forward from the right cutting in on his left foot, can play as a 10 and a false 9, adds total balance to the right which we have been missing for a few years, goals, assists, tricks, pace, final ball.

To be fair it’s a lot more exciting then hearing rumours about Newcastle demanding 50 mill for Longstaff, and I totally agree with him fitting our system. Ole would love to manage a player like him.

StrettyEnder07

The proposed Dybala transfer has some haunting echoes of the Sanchez one.

Arguably, a world class talent but not one that would obviously plug a hole in our dysfunctional team. We are after him because he is available and NOT because he was on our list of targets for our rebuild.......that worries me.

More worrying than the Sanchez transfer, we are losing our main striker (donkey that he is) as part of the swap yet Dybala doesn't really play as the head of the forward line so it means Lukaku isn't really being replaced. Are we really relying on the hope that Martial and/or Rashford will get the goals for us ?
Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and Dybala can play as a 9 in a fluid interchanging front 3 so 4 players for 1 position, I think we can cope.

Hawks2008

Foreign big name bad :nono:

Zoo

But we will address the defence, Simon Stone has said that a CB will be bought whether that's Maguire or someone else. And we've tried in midfield but Newcastle are being completely unrealistic with their valuation of Longstaff.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His technique is totally max orgasms everywhere.

Why do these fecking videos have to do like a 45 second intro of the player celebrating/walking around, though.
Foreplay before the actual action.

$inner_88

Its because hes Argentinian and apparently none of them have ever been good in Manchester plus he's played with Di Maria so he will want to leave in 6 months.

If he wants to come i'm all for signing him. If he doesn't want to be here he just won't sign for us obviously.

Bosws87

I want to live in the world where every footballer adores the club that they join as reading this forum would lead you to believe.

The original spine of city must of adored the unknown minnows, turned out terribly didn't it

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His technique is totally max orgasms everywhere.

Why do these fecking videos have to do like a 45 second intro of the player celebrating/walking around, though.
It gives you time to find the lube, unzip and find an action stance.

Ban

Miserable gits are starting early. Why can't you let us muppets run wild and moan a hit later?

StrettyEnder07

Its because hes Argentinian and apparently none of them have ever been good in Manchester plus he's played with Di Maria so he will want to leave in 6 months.

If he wants to come i'm all for signing him. If he doesn't want to be here he just won't sign for us obviously.
People do realise he is not Di Maria's love child don't they haha its like saying, well Memphis was shocking and a bell so we now make a pact that we will never sign another Dutch player just in case he turns out like Memphis again.

Heinze was class playing wise, just a bell when he wanted to go to Liverpool, Rojo is a shite player but spot on attitude.

It's crazy to think that just because they are from the same country, they might well have different personalities, who'd have thought.

To me this feel like Ed getting giddy with excitement like he did back in 2014 when he went and signed Di Maria and Falco and goes in line with his classic 'Adult Disneyland' anecdote

I hoped he'd learnt but alas not. Like you I hope obviously I'm proven dead wrong
Feels very similar, yeah. Just feels like we're stacking up #10s and selling it that we are picking up versatile forwards.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So just because one signing, who everyone thought was a superb bit of business at the time, does not work out, you give up signing quality players in case it happens again haha behave
No but I do disagree with the line 'There are some players who, when they become available, you sign them' because no you dont just sign them because they become available because that's how you end up with another Sanchez

Cypriot

He's absolutely world class. Ronaldo didn't want to leave Madrid either remember, but he seems to be doing alright at Juve. Dybala seems a good professional and if we do somehow manage to pull off this deal - we're laughing.

Seriously though, this saga feels like an email I got regarding my Nigerian uncle leaving me $1m.

beycont

No but I do disagree with the line 'There are some players who, when they become available, you sign them' because no you dont just sign them because they become available because that's how you end up with another Sanchez
Or a Cantona or RVP.

My point is that there will be players that inevitably improve the team, and if they become available, you make an effort to sign them.

Whether they are willing/unwilling is another matter altogether.

How it works out, who knows?

Steve Bruce

Or RVP.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If we don't try it never works.
Exactly, it's like saying let's not buy bissaka because Jones and Smalling didn't work out. (them all being young English defenders when united signed them)

It's bizarre logic

Cantonagotmehere

On the face of it. I was very much against Di Maria, Sanchez and Schweinsteiger for these reasons. However, Dybala is better than them and i don't think he'd flop. I actually think he'd embrace it here, he'd get an amazing reception from supporters and he'd be three golden boy.
Right on. Di Maria throughout his career felt like a merc. Dybala feels different to me.

StrettyEnder07

Yeah it is crazy to think that Ole thinks Dybala might add balance, improve us going forward add goals, assists, chance creation, pace, threat from the ride hand side, player who can play in 2/3 positions along that forward line.

Madness!

Womp

idiot
Everyone is overlooking one major aspect though - Di Maria was also Argentinian and failed here.

I would feel confident of Dybala performing anywhere else but United. These signings just dont work out for us.:mad:
I remember going into a season with Robin Van Persie, Radamel Falcao, Wayne Rooney, Angel Di Maria, Javier Hernandez, Juan Mata etc and thinking 'with this fire power how can we fail to do well?' More the fool me.

Status
Not open for further replies.