g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
How far is Juve training ground from Airport? When can we expect next update? If only there was a journalist who could live tweet every dialogue between Dybala and Sarri.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
I hope Sarri is sitting there smoking a stick and just throws it at Dybala when he walks in his office and tells him to feck off

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Get hyped.
Lovely player. There’s a touch of van Persie off him, that goal at 06:00 is straight out of RVP’s repertoire. I wonder could he make the transition to a more out and out centre-forward in the coming years?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I don't get it. He's apparently reluctant to come here. This alone, never mind ridiculous wages, should be the sign for us to run the feck away.

ModulusUnited

For me there is no yardstick to measure Paulo being a flop or not. He has been a fantastic player over the years and having him at the Theatre of Dreams should bring a new spark to our attack.

I just hope he realises soon enough he is not much wanted by the Juve hierarchy and does what is best for his career

Last edited by a moderator:

romufc

Actually yes in hindsight you do look at almost everyone of those players and understand why they flopped

Di Maria - never wanted to be here, and was played anywhere but the position he excelled at in Madrid.
Sanchez - when he was bought all fans assumed he would play RW, alas the manager played him in the one position where we were already stacked which in turn had knock on effects for the two young players making that position their own
Schweinsteiger - legs gone, Bayern practically giving him away
Falcao - off the back of at least one major knee injury
Kagawa - to this day I dont understand why we bought a number 10 when he was never going to play ahead of Rooney or Welbeck. Fergie even said before we signed him we wouldn't be changing our style of play to accommodate him

Now you'll obviously argue that hindsight is a wonderful thing but you wouldn't of needed hindsight had proper scouting gone on before hand

Exactly, the transfers some fans are listing out are over the top.

Yes Sanchez has not performed. But you do not get 100% transfers right? Lets stop going for big names? We are Manutd we have to try these players.

FreakyJim

Exactly, the transfers some fans are listing out are over the top.

Yes Sanchez has not performed. But you do not get 100% transfers right? Lets stop going for big names? We are Manutd we have to try these players.
no, we don't have to
especially players that don't really want to be here

saivet

Ignoring the questions around whether he wants to be here, from what I've seen, from a footballing perspective, I don't rate him all that highly. As a swap with Lukaku, provided the wages we give him aren't crazy then Dybala is probably worth the punt.

That being said, I am fully invested in this transfer saga! Going to an appointment soon, hoping to hear some more updates when I'm on my way back.

Rocknrolla69er

Does he fit into Oles system

I think yes, as long as he buys into the high work ethic in ball recycling up the pitch, i see a spot for him in the lingaard role (tip of the midfield three) with a licence to roam, create and score. I also think he could play as the spearhead of our attack if Rashford and Martial arnt doing the business.

Does he have the desire to succeed here

Million dollar question, Sanchez and Di Maria obviously didnt, i dnt think they both fought tooth and nail and gave it their all, will Dybala? Id be leaning towards a more incentive based salary. I think huge wages sometimes ruin players motivation. Big questions in Dybalas professionalism and desire to succeed at a different club thats the challenge

Would i sign him

Yes, hes an undoubted talent, who offers goals , assists and quality go forward at pace. Was probably top 5 in the world until Ronaldo joined Juventus.

FreakyJim

Literally all pure speculation. You want to abandon a transfer of a world class player based on rumors and journo-bollocks? Damn.
right, because he won't be on something close to Sanchez wages, if he comes

Nick7

I don't get it. He's apparently reluctant to come here. This alone, never mind ridiculous wages, should be the sign for us to run the feck away.
I've said similar before. But there's been no reliable reports that he's reluctant to come. Just that he wanted to stay at Juve. Slight, but important difference.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I would pay some good money to be a fly on that wall
Yeah, I have a feeling he will end up staying though:( Hopefully Sarri smokes enough to make Paulo feel all nauseated and get the feck out of there immediately.

About half an hour drive.
That's great. Hopefully next update soon. Italy journalists do a great job in feeding muppet cravings.

kps88

I'm curious to know what would we have done if Lukaku left for Inter a couple of weeks ago. Doubt Dybala would have even been an option then.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm curious to know what would we have done if Lukaku left for Inter a couple of weeks ago. Doubt Dybala would have even been an option then.
Well there's still plenty of time left in the International window so I would guess PSG as Neymar's replacement or maybe even Barca or Madrid as a last minute splurge

romufc

no, we don't have to
especially players that don't really want to be here
As I see this situation we have a few options, now you tell me which one you prefer?

1. Keep Lukaku - Doesnt fit style, doesn't want to be here.
2. Sell Lukaku to Inter - £54m take a hit and move on
3. Dybala transfer - Swap with Lukaku - getting a player who may not have his heart set at United but he is 25, he is not a Sanchez / Bale etc he still has to prove something.

kps88

Well there's still plenty of time left in the International window so I would guess PSG as Neymar's replacement or maybe even Barca or Madrid as a last minute splurge
I meant for us. We've known about Lukaku leaving for a while now, wonder who our main striker target was before the possibility of Dybala came up.

Nr.7

All of those who cast doubts like “another di maria” etc, would be saying “woodward out” if Dybala was signing for Tottenham or any of the top 5 clubs.

charlenefan

I meant for us. We've known about Lukaku leaving for a while now, wonder who our main striker target was before the possibility of Dybala came up.
Oh..... Ben Yedder or Mousa Dembele

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
No matter how much passion a player has for a club isn't an indicator on how they will perform. We could sign a player who is a die hard supporter and embraces everything about the club but just can't do it. Dybala will be paid to do a job, so if he remains professional at the very least we should expect a brilliant player, provided he's used in his most effective position.

I'm just concerned that this potential signing will slap us back in the face again.
Hopefully Dybala comes here and produces quality football but not exactly confident.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Any concerns about his character/professionalism over the years?

charlenefan

All of those who cast doubts like “another di maria” etc, would be saying “woodward out” if Dybala was signing for Tottenham or any of the top 5 clubs.
Nope. Generally I dont care who our rivals sign and dont understand why so many others do. Take Arsenal signing Pepe for example - so what? Their problem has never been scoring goals, it's in midfield and defence. Another example would be Spurs signing Ndombele, again so what? He's a replacement for Dembele or an upgrade on Sissoko whichever way you look at it, but Spurs' issue is mentality and not having that x-factor player

If one of our rivals had signed De Ligt for example I'd be bothered but otherwise nah couldn't care less and would rather concentrate on what we do

Mugiwarared71

look Manchester united aren't the most attractive club right now , but i don't like the fact that Dybala is asking for huge pay increase to play here the allure of Old trafford is fading .

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have never seen him play much but wow i can see the Messi comparisons there. And then i watched it further again and wonder myself why Juve is pushing him out and for Lukaku of all people who can’t even do a quarter of that
I've no idea but God Almighty I hope with every fiber of my being this transfer comes off :drool::drool: I have 5 a side and will do that celebration he does if I score :D

Status
Not open for further replies.