Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

What I think happened is Juve tried to swing their dicks around, bought Ronaldo last summer, gave Ramsey a 400k a week contract, loads to Rabiot, bought de ligt, who knows what else and figured they wouldnt have a problem to sell players to balance the books (and are now desperate).

Seemingly desperate to also sell Cancelo which is also crazy. They're definitely having financial issues.

But they are not getting any money for him though? It's a straight swap for Lukaku

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why are they so desperate to swap Dybala for Lukaku :lol:

If it was just a regular transfer ok, but to be this determined :lol:
In their books they are getting a striker whose a regular scorer and who provides them with similar qualities to the ageing Mandzukic in exchange of a talented striker whose been struggling with them for the past 1-2 seasons.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Big fan of Dybala's qualities, but this is giving me Di Maria deja vus. Another talented player that is being forced out of his club against his wish, possibly coming to United because not cause he wants to be here but because we're the best option he has in his financially.

Sceptical to say the least.
It certainly helps not having a maniac like Van Gaal being the manager and having less quality around as well. We actually look like we're up to something fantastic for a change.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But they are not getting any money for him though? It's a straight swap for Lukaku
Wages, a mixture of getting rid of dead wood/others to balance books and lacking then lacking a certain type of player (lukaku), so swap with an ~ equally valuable asset they have to get that in.

Like if they sell Kean, Mandzukic, Higuain, they have no #9. They get Lukaku to be that player who effectively replaces all 3 (longer term) but still need to get rid of someone on similar money/similar value. It's a strange situation, but seems like the only explanation.

-Supreme-

Wages, a mixture of getting rid of dead wood/others to balance books and lacking then lacking a certain type of player (lukaku), so swap with an ~ equally valuable asset they have to get that in.

Like if they sell Kean, Mandzukic, Higuain, they have no #9. They get Lukaku to be that player who effectively replaces all 3 (longer term) but still need to get rid of someone on similar money/similar value. It's a strange situation, but seems like the only explanation.
But from what I understood Dybala current wage is similar to what Lukuka is being offered to join Juve?

Edit to say I agree Lukaku could potentially replace all 3 strikers you listed

DemonOfTheFall

Big fan of Dybala's qualities, but this is giving me Di Maria deja vus. Another talented player that is being forced out of his club against his wish, possibly coming to United because not cause he wants to be here but because we're the best option he has in his financially.

Wow someone mentioning Di Maria vibes.......that's new.

Last edited by a moderator:

dasty

Only the 504249th time this had been mentioned. Certainly need more.

devilish

They bought smartly? Think it's more likely they bought more than they can actually afford and now need to balance the books.
I think they bought smartly.

A- They brought 4 young defenders who would rejuvenate their ageing defence. They probably will cost them less then AWB and Maguire combined
B- They will make decent money from Cancelo whom for some strange reason he seem to struggle settling anywhere.
C- They bought two excellent CMs on a free.
D- They are swapping Dybala whose struggling in their system with a regular scorer whose skills mirror those of the highly effective but old Mandzukic. Physical imposing strikers tend to do well with Juve (Ronaldo, Higuian, Mandzukic)
E- They are going to piss off Conte big time. If you think that Mou is destructive when he doesn't get his toys........you haven't seen Conte.

It a rare thing but swap deals might end up being a win win situation for both parties involved.

Lemansky

According to reddit Dybala has liked two of Evras Instagram posts in the last hour, not liked any the 6 months before.

Big, big muppet juice in that.

Raw

According to reddit Dybala has liked two of Evras Instagram posts in the last hour, not liked any the 6 months before.

Big, big muppet juice in that.
They played together at Juve, and Evra retired recently. So I wouldn't look too much in that!

Hawks2008

Been practicing the mask celebration in anticipation of this move going through. C'mon Paulo, you know you wanna play with slabhead!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think they bought smartly.

A- They brought 4 young defenders who would rejuvenate their ageing defence. They probably will cost them less then AWB and Maguire combined
B- They will make decent money from Cancelo whom for some strange reason he seem to struggle settling anywhere.
C- They bought two excellent CMs on a free.
D- They are swapping Dybala whose struggling in their system with a regular scorer whose skills mirror those of the highly effective but old Mandzukic. Physical imposing strikers tend to do well with Juve (Ronaldo, Higuian, Mandzukic)
E- They are going to piss off Conte big time. If you think that Mou is destructive when he doesn't get his toys........you haven't seen Conte.

It a rare thing but swap deals might end up being a win win situation for both parties involved.
This isn't true. Lukaku is nothing like Manzukic. Lukaku is more of a pacy poacher that relies on speed and finishing. He just has a big body as well.

devilish

This isn't true. Lukaku is nothing like Manzukic. Lukaku is more of a pacy poacher that relies on speed and finishing. He just has a big body as well.
Lukaku is the physical type of striker Juventus like, a battering ram in the line of Mandzukic and Higuain. Dybala is a great player, far more technical then Lukaku is but he seem to be out of place there

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Mandzukic is the physical type of striker Juventus like, a battering ram in the line of Mandzukic and Higuain. Dybala is a great player, far more technical then Lukaku is but he seem to be out of place there
Yeah I'm just saying Lukaku can't replace Mandzukic. Not the same players at all.

Art Vandelay

Been practicing the mask celebration in anticipation of this move going through. C'mon Paulo, you know you wanna play with slabhead!
You had to practice putting your hand over your face? How very Lingard of you. :lol:

I hear Phil Jones had to stop practicing it as he gave himself two black eyes.

Hawks2008

You had to practice putting your hand over your face? How very Lingard of you. :lol:

I hear Phil Jones had to stop practicing it as he gave himself two black eyes.
Been trying to get it to look as good as when he does it. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near as good looking :lol:

devilish

Yeah I'm just saying Lukaku can't replace Mandzukic. Not the same players at all.
In my opinion he can. My only worry is how the hell they are going to play Lukaku alongside Ronaldo. Oh well, that's not our problem isn't it?

Rolaholic

Wow someone mentioning Di Maria vibes.......that's new.
It's been funny seeing people completely ignore Tevez when it comes to our experience with Argentines. Tevez was a smashing success during the time he was at the club,Dybala would have as much chance of being another Tevez as he would being another ADM

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It's been funny seeing people completely ignore Tevez when it comes to our experience with Argentines. Tevez was a smashing success during the time he was at the club,Dybala would have as much chance of being another Tevez as he would being another ADM
How dare you speak some sense. Get outta here!

Hawks2008

To be honest I get why people wouldn't want to praise Tevez given how things ended between him and the club.

Also recency bias.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
To be honest I get why people wouldn't want to praise Tevez given how things ended between him and the club.

Also recency bias.
Didn’t we fail to pay his transfer fees? That wasn’t his fault. Signing for City after also isn’t.

MetoTTT

I already mentioned Tevez several times when some people were talking about our "bad luck" with the Argentineans. He was huge at Manchester United. On the other hand, he was a pit bull, with many strengths (physical, technical and mental) that made him quickly adapt to English football. I'm really not sure that Dybala has these strengths (work rate).
For me he's is overated and a luxury player (Ozil?) and often disappears in important games. It is an N10/SS, not easy to integrate into a game system.
Wait and see! If OGS wants him, se let be it! Hope he'll make it work.
PS: Heinze was excellent here too.

GregtheRed_

Brilliant player. Left footed, technically gifted, great with freekicks and a genuine game changer.

Weird - but there was a season at Juve where he wore all black boots. Reminded me of football in the 90's and I love that. Black boots on black socks at United please! :drool:

dasty

Back when we had the best team in the world with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo upfront. I missed those times.

poleglass red

Tevez work rate, his tenacity and his goals meant he was a near certainty to thrive anywhere really but esp in PL. I actually think City got more out of him than we did. Never felt he was a potent goalscorer for us, his game had so much more to it, great team player, but then went to City and was absolutely prolific. The thing with Tevez is though he moaned the whole time he was here. Fergie even publicly mentioned how hard Veron and Heinze were to work with. You obviously can't tar a whole nation on the basis of a few others, but you'd certainly be justified in looking into it, esp with the numbers we would be looking to pay him.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Only the 504249th time this had been mentioned. Certainly need more.
To pretty much everyy opnion on the transfer (any every other) just gets repeated page after page on every thread in the forum. But every opinion was only allowed to be made once in a thread or subject, then most threads wouldn't get past 1 or 2 pages and the forum would likley die.

This just happens to be a widely held opinion/worry so it gets made alot, nothing wrong with that.

Suedesi

Juventus has bought wisely. They got 3 excellent young CBs in De Ligt, Demiral and Romero. They added Pellegrini whose a young LB from Juventus and they signed Rabiot + Ramsey on a free. Lukaku will be a hit in Italy. His physical strength will batter ram defences who tend not to be used to such type of strikers. Sure Dybala is a good little player but his career have stalled at Juventus and he look so out of place alongside Ronaldo. Cancelo on the other hand is a strange one. He's an excellent full back and yet, he seem to be changing hands quite regularly. He was loaned by Valencia to Inter, they didn't want to buy him despite doing well there and now Juve want him out.
Agreed! De Ligt is quality and Demiral seems like a super smart buy, the ones we used to make back in the day. Cancelo is great going forward but defensively he is prone to stupid mistakes - can't get away with it at a club like Juve. Dybala for Lukaku is a bit of a head scratcher though.

Snafu17

Di Marzio makes it sound like Dybala has come around on that whole not wanting to leave thing.

macheda14

So we know he’d rather stay at Juve. What I’m interested to see is how he spins this in his first official United interview ‘its the biggest team in the world and I just always thought I needed to play here’

Status
Not open for further replies.