Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Might be wrong but I don't think Juve board give a feck what sarri thinks.

Not sure why sarri would want a striker who can't control a ball (in his system), want to get rid of a RB (best in world according to some on here) and sell a good young striker.
One journalist, and I forget his name but he appeared on the totally football show, had a fair point.

He said it could be the sporting director acting on Ronaldos views as to how he can operate best. That Ronaldo tends to prefer having a partner that can occupy 2 or more defenders with his presence so Ronaldo can ghost around and do his thing.

Makes a bit of sense if you look at it that way.

Womp

idiot
It's possible, but you'd expect Juve will know that if this is indeed what they are doing, they will never do business with us again. You don't screw over another big club and expect to have a rosy relationship with them going forward. A bold play, if this is what they're doing, but very short-sighted.
You deleted my white text, how?? Sorcery.

izec

One journalist, and I forget his name but he appeared on the totally football show, had a fair point.

He said it could be the sporting director acting on Ronaldos views as to how he can operate best. That Ronaldo tends to prefer having a partner that can occupy 2 or more defenders with his presence so Ronaldo can ghost around and do his thing.

But not with Cancelo. I am sure Ronaldo would prefer a RB attacking and crossing it in for him

redshaw

https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/23/football/1563887704_787426.html

Sarri

Dybala could play as false nine - Sarri
"He could easily play in the false nine role," Sarri said.

"We could also find different solutions. He could play as a midfielder, or as a trequartista [playmaker] behind two strikers."
Funny turnaround but it's more to do with exploiting Ronaldo and getting a like for like in place of the ageing strikers. Ronnie will be in his left hand side free role probably.

it's all about the CL. I doubt they're that bothered about Inter improving after 8 in a row and Inter coming 4th.

Last edited:

KW2006

According to the reports, it seems he really doesn't want to come here, we should stay clear. Let him stay where he is, sell Lukaku to Juventus for Mamdzukic + cash, or to Inter for a lower fee. Dybala would not be welcomed here, I can seeing fans start booing him if he does not perform well in the first few appearances.

Bojan11

According to the reports, it seems he really doesn't want to come here, we should stay clear. Let him stay where he is, sell Lukaku to Juventus for Mamdzukic + cash, or to Inter for a lower fee. Dybala would not be welcomed here, I can seeing fans start booing him if he does not perform well in the first few appearances.
Fans booing him? What? You mean like they boo Sanchez?

Womp

idiot
Potentially one of the World's best players isn't going to be welcomed here if he struggles for a few games moving to a new country, playing a completely different environment? Okay

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not really, we are negotiating image rights. He may have wanted to stay at Juve but that doesn’t mean he really doesn’t want to come here. The reliable sources sound quite positive about the move happening.

LuckyScout78

Dybala is a more mood player than Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina. With the arrival of Ronaldo and living in the shadow of Ronaldo. Dybala was struggling.

Dybala is maybe a bit better than Federico Chiesa. But in a few years, with two more seasons with top football. Its a big chance Chiesa will be above and become better than Dybala. Because of Chiesa hard work and Rashford mentality. Always give 100 %, no matte what. When it gies really tough too.

Think longterm. United will not win premier league about the next 3-4 years. Those years belong to Klopp and City. So spend wise and save. Hit your opponents when they get weak and they golden generation and era is over. Like first Barcelona without Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta. Now Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Its all about the timing. Hit at the right time and place. Liverpool most important and really hard to replace players. Salah and Van Dijk. How old are they now and when will they retire?
Then you have to build and aim your winning team, to reach the peak at that time.

So spending really big. The coming years. And if it turn out like i said. No premier and ch.league trophies and just max 2 nd place or without top 4. Its not a good business. World record fee is = biggest trophy goal. Because you dont pay world records fee. Just for collecting 2nd-6 th place.

And in the end. I think no clubs can pay United what they want for Lukaku. Transfer window close really soon. Lukaku want to leave. Solution is a swap deal with Juventus Dybala. Time is running out for United about Lukaku situation. United dont want to keep a Lukaku who want to leave and Ole doesnt rate him above Rashford as the main nr.9.

So again. Dybala was a really good player before Ronaldo came to Juventus, when Dybala was the biggest star in the club. And Dybala shall know that there is a really big star with United in Pogba. So he has to play the second violin at Old Trafford too. Reason why im afraid Dybala is a bit a mood player, on the highest level of football.
Contra F.Chiesa who i am sure will keep working hard and is more ok with playing the second violin.

So far. I like Federico Chiesa mentality better than Dybala. Reason i think in a few years will become better and be above Dybala level. In 2-3 years time. And right now, you can use Chiesa as left or right winger too. And as a false nr.9 too.
Federico Chiesa has everything to become a new ball artist and playmaker Pirlo.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Wtf

WPMUFC

Pedulla: https://www.alfredopedulla.com/escl...e-su-mandzukic/#click=https://t.co/voDEeXBOm4

MUFC and Juve found an agreement to value each player at 85 million.

We've offered Dybala 11m + bonuses

Fabrizio:
Dybala is sad and angry and now is considering the MUFC move.

Di Marzio: https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/cal...zukic-dybala-lukaku-ultime-news-2-agosto-2019

MUFC and Dybala working through details like image rights and other aspects.

Lads and Ladies........it's on :drool::drool:

pascell

:lol: good one!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Pedulla: https://www.alfredopedulla.com/escl...e-su-mandzukic/#click=https://t.co/voDEeXBOm4

MUFC and Juve found an agreement to value each player at 85 million.

We've offered Dybala 11m + bonuses

Fabrizio:
Dybala is sad and angry and now is considering the MUFC move.

Di Marzio: https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/cal...zukic-dybala-lukaku-ultime-news-2-agosto-2019

MUFC and Dybala working through details like image rights and other aspects.

Lads and Ladies........it's on :drool::drool:
You’re kinda late on all this. This information is 5-7 hours old hehe.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’ll boo your negative post

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
He's been told, most likely out of the blue and coming as a complete surprise to him, to basically feck off, it would hardly be surprising if he was reluctant or hesitant about everything. Him not wanting to leave Juve or not being ready to go immediately doesn't mean he wouldn't want to come here.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He's been told, most likely out of the blue and coming as a complete surprise to him, to basically feck off, it would hardly be surprising if he was reluctant or hesitant about everything. Him not wanting to leave Juve or not being ready to go immediately doesn't mean he wouldn't want to come here.
You do know we are sorting through his complicated image rights? It’s been 72 hours since it was first announced. Did you expect him to complete his medical, sign and ready to play by tmrw?

HD7

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Mctominay
Bruno Pogba
Dybala
Rashford Martial

Doesnt look too bad?
Why should Dybala play as a right winger when he can play like Firmino in the middle and have Martial and Rashford in the wings?

With important cameos of James, Greenwood, Chong and the others.

Obviously big responsibilities for Mctominay but hopefully Bruno F and Pogba give him the needed help. We can play with two defensive midfielders and one attacking in some matches. However its not like City dont use only one DMF with KDB and Silva also helping with defensive duties when they should.

Next year my dream signings are Sancho and Neves (he should come as a replacement of Pogba) Now he aint a direct replacement of course. However I do feel it will make the midfield more balanced. A Midfield of Neves to dictate, Bruno to attack and a DMF with a lot of stamina and energy - hopefully Mctominay makes it his own. If not Longstaff, Ndidi, or whoever is hot on the market then.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Exactly.

Mr Smith

James Horncastle is the journalist you're thinking of. I agree he makes a good point, and I can see how Lukaku's presence could draw defenders away from Ronaldo.

RooneyLegend

James Horncastle is the journalist you're thinking of. I agree he makes a good point, and I can see how Lukaku's presence could draw defenders away from Ronaldo.
His presence is useless cause he cant do anything with the ball.

Mr Smith

Dybala is a more mood player than Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina. With the arrival of Ronaldo and living in the shadow of Ronaldo. Dybala was struggling.

Dybala is maybe a bit better than Federico Chiesa. But in a few years, with two more seasons with top football. Its a big chance Chiesa will be above and become better than Dybala. Because of Chiesa hard work and Rashford mentality. Always give 100 %, no matte what. When it gies really tough too.

Think longterm. United will not win premier league about the next 3-4 years. Those years belong to Klopp and City. So spend wise and save. Hit your opponents when they get weak and they golden generation and era is over. Like first Barcelona without Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta. Now Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Its all about the timing. Hit at the right time and place. Liverpool most important and really hard to replace players. Salah and Van Dijk. How old are they now and when will they retire?
Then you have to build and aim your winning team, to reach the peak at that time.

So spending really big. The coming years. And if it turn out like i said. No premier and ch.league trophies and just max 2 nd place or without top 4. Its not a good business. World record fee is = biggest trophy goal. Because you dont pay world records fee. Just for collecting 2nd-6 th place.

And in the end. I think no clubs can pay United what they want for Lukaku. Transfer window close really soon. Lukaku want to leave. Solution is a swap deal with Juventus Dybala. Time is running out for United about Lukaku situation. United dont want to keep a Lukaku who want to leave and Ole doesnt rate him above Rashford as the main nr.9.

So again. Dybala was a really good player before Ronaldo came to Juventus, when Dybala was the biggest star in the club. And Dybala shall know that there is a really big star with United in Pogba. So he has to play the second violin at Old Trafford too. Reason why im afraid Dybala is a bit a mood player, on the highest level of football.
Contra F.Chiesa who i am sure will keep working hard and is more ok with playing the second violin.

So far. I like Federico Chiesa mentality better than Dybala. Reason i think in a few years will become better and be above Dybala level. In 2-3 years time. And right now, you can use Chiesa as left or right winger too. And as a false nr.9 too.
Federico Chiesa has everything to become a new ball artist and playmaker Pirlo.
This is a really good post and I agree with a lot of what you said, especially the point about cycles and thinking long-term about when to pounce on City and Liverpool's vulnerability in the future.

But you're forgetting oner thing; we're not spending big on Dybala for the sake of it, we're getting an opportunity to sign a world class player our manager is on record as an admirer, in exchange for a player our manager doesn't want. You don't pass on an opportunity like that. And it's not like it affects our long term project, just makes us more competitive in the interim. I also think you've missed the point about why Dybala and Ronaldo didn't work; the problem wasnt about not being a star, the problem was and is tactical. So j think your suggestion about Dybala not wanting to play with another star (Pogba) is moot.

Finally, you're crazy if you think we'll ever get Chesia. That led has Juventus written all over him.

ManchesterYoda

If Dybala doesn't want to sign for us, we shouldn't sign him. Especially if Solskjaer plans to play him out of position on the right.
If he's just mad at Juventus for how they treat him and Solskjaer plans to play him only as no.10, we should definitely sign him.

WPMUFC

You’re kinda late on all this. This information is 5-7 hours old hehe.
well considering we've also seen users positing juve twitter accounts with dated Fabrizio clips in recent thread pages, it's a nice way to highlight the positive info again ;)

If they are on to image rights then it's just a matter of time.
Last time we heard about image rights negotiations was Jose trying to get his deal done. Feels like a matter of when, not if, at this stage.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If all Juve want is a presence to buy Ronaldo some space why would they choose someone who, despite his size, has no presence, loses the ball so often and costs €85m? I'm sure they could've found a random foil elsewhere for much less.

RooneyLegend

If all Juve want is a presence to buy Ronaldo some space why would they choose someone who, despite his size, has no presence, loses the ball so often and costs €85m? I'm sure they could've found a random foil elsewhere for much less.
True, they could get Tadic for a packet of crisps for example.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
If Dybala doesn't want to sign for us, we shouldn't sign him. Especially if Solskjaer plans to play him out of position on the right.
If he's just mad at Juventus for how they treat him and Solskjaer plans to play him only as no.10, we should definitely sign him.
So we should keep Lukaku who has been dissing us on Twitter and has clearly burnt his bridges? It's not an ideal situation but if the club and fans embrace Dybala then it could turn out to be a great move.

If not then he can be sold to PSG next season and we move on. Better we try and fail than not try at all. It's far from perfect, but it's a damn sight better than keeping captain clownshoes for another season. I don't think the fans in the top seats on the North stand can take many more pelters from Rom.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looks brilliant but could very well end up with no Bruno or Dybala and Pogba gone. And then we would be super crap.
How do you work that out? That we'd fail to strengthen further and still send Pogba off to Madrid? There is no way the club could do that without facing an enormous backlash. I think at worst, we'll sell a couple of centre backs and sign no one else.

ManchesterYoda

So we should keep Lukaku who has been dissing us on Twitter and has clearly burnt his bridges? It's not an ideal situation but if the club and fans embrace Dybala then it could turn out to be a great move.

If not then he can be sold to PSG next season and we move on. Better we try and fail than not try at all. It's far from perfect, but it's a damn sight better than keeping captain clownshoes for another season. I don't think the fans in the top seats on the North stand can take many more pelters from Rom.
I don't look on Twitter much. If what you say is true we should sell Lukaku. Don't care who we sell him to. Inter? I didn't mention Lukaku in my post though, I was giving my thoughts on signing Dybala. I don't want Lukaku or Dybala or anyone if they don't want to be here.

ChaddyP

Here here!

Alemar

I don't want Lukaku or Dybala or anyone if they don't want to be here.
The longer our squad remains mediocre, the fewer good players will wish to come here in the future. We need squad improvement and result to lure talent in transfer windows to come

Status
Not open for further replies.