Paulo Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Rhiwabon

With the image rights issue, agents fees and big wage demands this sounds like the sort of transfer that would take us a good month to finalise not a few days. Maybe it gets delayed to January.

OsloRed

Oh, absolutely. I mean we are talking about the player who at the peak of his powers at Juventus thought to be a legitimate hair of Messi. His ability to hurt you if you just allow him a little space around penalty area is what very few players can offer on top of being creative spark.
But, sell Pogba and ask for him to come deep, create and score (same as we did with Pogba ironically) and you'll see half of player. Stick him to RW and people will again start asking questions why is not working. In that sense, he needs a functioning team and one who will play to his strengths.
It is a bit of a moot point from my side as you can say that for most of the players, but I feel like people here constantly expect some sort of Messaih type of player who will elevate us on his own and solve all problems. He is not that, but more of a step in the right direction. A big step as he is a great player.
:lol:

stepic

Dybala no better than Gomes :lol:

You couldn’t make some people’s opinions up really.

Andersons Dietician

I could definitely see him featuring in the Wolves game on the Monday night. Obviously won't make the Chelsea one.
That’s still a prettty quick turn around for someone who hasn’t trained yet but maybe a 20-30 minutes or something then increase that for Palace to maybe a half. I’ll say maybe start a game for 14th of September against Leicester.

He’d have to learn the patterns and stuff as well that have been worked on during pre-season as well and the pressing. Could be a while before we see a proper Dybala match fit and knowing what he has to do.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So I had a little look at R/Juve or whatever it's known as. Most fans clearly unhappy with this swap.

In the midst of all that though, they mentioned that Dybala is very emotional, and not mentally strong. It seems Nedved has constantly criticised him because he's never stepped up and improved as much as they expected him to.

Now if all of that is true, how on earth is he going to cope at United when we're constantly under pressure? This isn't Juve where you're guaranteed to win the league title, we're fighting for top 4 as it stands, barring some miraculous turnaround.

I'm not trying to be down on the lad, but if he really is not mentally tough, then this sounds a bad deal for both us and him.

Hopefully he stays away from social media when he has a bad performance.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That’s still a prettty quick turn around for someone who hasn’t trained yet but maybe a 20-30 minutes or something then increase that for Palace to maybe a half. I’ll say maybe start a game for 14th of September against Leicester.

He’d have to learn the patterns and stuff as well that have been worked on during pre-season as well and the pressing. Could be a while before we see a proper Dybala match fit and knowing what he has to do.

Yeah, possibly too soon. Depending on how the game's going i could see him making a cameo against Wolves, though. My biggest concern is his mental frame of mind as opposed to physical condition.

Boznich

He just doesn’t get me excited. Not particularly quick. No right foot and he’s Argentinian. When’s the last time we had a South American excel at United?

If he comes i’ll back him 100% but for me he’s no better then Gomes.
I know our youth players get overated on here regularly but to compare Gomes to Dybala is madness nowhere near Dybala's level and probably never will be.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, possibly too soon. Depending on how the game's going i could see him making a cameo against Wolves, though. My biggest concern is his mental frame of mind as opposed to physical condition.
Personally if that was me and Juventus have deemed me not needed and shoved me out the door I’d want to prove a point. So hopefully Dybala feels the same way. Whatever happens yesterday’s game showed me that without Pogba supplying the bullets we have very little creativity providing for our forwards so if Dybala can help ease that then the sooner the better.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
@devilish what do you think:

Dybala ha quasi 26 anni e non è un campione e temo non lo sarà mai. È un buon giocatore e nulla più se ne può fare tranquillamente a meno. Oltretutto oramai passa più tempo su instagram che ad allenarsi. Via subito i giocatori così.

salvo rare eccezzioni (zanetti, Sivori, maradona) gli argentini sono fankazzzzzzisti per natura. Allenamento poco, voglia di soffrire meno. Questo è il peggiore

dybala via subito. Ha scambiato la giuve per un villaggio vacanze. Non la meni con la posizione in campo. Ai tempi di higuain giocava seconda punta e se hai le palle ti fai valere dovunque. Cardiff non si dimentica

Speaking of Cardiff, his performance was disgusting and you could argue he's never really recovered from that.
https://it.eurosport.com/calcio/cha...ro-chiellini-da-incubo_sto6197802/story.shtml
So lets break this into pieces

Argentinians in Italy

Considering that 2 of the 4 WCs won by Italy had Argentinians in it then that stinks of hypocrisy tbh. Raimundo Bibian Orsi & Luis Monti- (1934) & Camoranesi (2006). Argentina has always produced some great talent for the Serie A. Maradona, Zanetti, Sivori, Batistuta, Simeone, Crespo, Veron, Samuel, Higuian, Tevez, Milito.....the list goes on an on. Its basically like saying that Scotland had never produced any good talent for the EPL apart from maybe Paddy

There's certainly more Argentinian success stories in Italy then Italian success stories elsewhere.

Dybala with Juventus

I confess that I don't follow Juve on a day to day basis. However from what I followed and read, there was no question about Dybala's commitment with Juventus. Surely he took Ronaldo's signing a bit at heart since Ronaldo was a big name signing who played in his position. That reached boiling point against Parma were, once substituted he went straight in the dressing room. Having said that he did apologised for that, an apology Allegri accepted.

TBH I think that's fair enough. When United bought RVN, Andy Cole wasn't happy with it and he even asked Sir Alex to leave. That doesn't mean that he wasn't committed to our cause up to that point.

Some might say that he does't get stuck in enough for the club. Well most trequaristas are like that. You don't see Del Piero, Cantona, or Baggio shoving people around to win the ball either.

Whether we should buy Dybala

If we had a 100m budget to buy Lukaku's replacement then the answer would be no. Dybala is a trequartista which means you either use him there or else he'll probably struggle elsewhere. He might play as a sole striker a role he did well at Palermo. However I find comments about him not being physical enough for the role as legitimate.

Having said that, no one had offered us 100m for Lukaku. The Belgian wants to leave and we've got only two options here. We could either sell him to Inter who offer a measly 70m in very small installments or else we sell him to Juve for Dybala. The latter has the potential to be a special player, he's more marketable then Lukaku is, Lukaku had burnt all bridges with us and talent wise Dybala is among the top 10 players in the world. He's a risk but at this point he's a risk worth taking.

Why is Dybala treated so badly by Juventus

That's Juventus for you. They seem to have frozen Tywin Lannister somewhere whose been calling the shots for the past 50 years. They had shown the door to way bigger players then Dybala (Baggio, Del Piero who had to take a huge paycut to stay at the club, Vialli and the warrior himself Ravanelli) Most of the time they were brutal about it. However something did changed in Juventus lately and not for the good. Their aim for CL glory has become an obsession with good people like Marotta, Allegri and now Dybala either leaving or had been sacrificed for this higher cause. In my opinion that's the wrong approach to the problem. You don't build a squad to win the CL. You sort any weaknesses one might have in the squad and then you hope that this would be enough to win the CL.

Cardiff

Everyone played shit in that game and Real outclassed them the way United were outclassed by Barcelona in two occasions. There's rumours of Bonucci slapping Dybala during half time. However it seems that the old guard (Mandzukic and Barzagli) took Dybala's side on this.

Previously Bonucci had issues with Allegri. I doubt you can really pin that on Dybala.

Last edited:

Canagel

“ We ShOuLdIn’T gEt DyBaLa He’S nOt A fIt ”
I don't understand Juve's thinking. Building around 35 year old for maximum 2-3 years is very risky and it's not even a problem that needed to be fixed. What happens if they don't win CL? It's a failure..

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't understand Juve's thinking. Building around 35 year old for maximum 2-3 years is very risky and it's not even a problem that needed to be fixed. What happens if they don't win CL? It's a failure..
I didn't think it was a good idea for them in the first place. Seemed a transfer that they just didn't require.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't get it either. Sure Ronaldo is one greatest of all time. But he's 35 now and on huge wages. Sooner or later he's going to slow down.

SATA

Mandzukic and Dybala? Isn’t that too overkill up top? I refused to believe it. We also still have Sanchez on the books

Ballist1x

Having just bought De Ligt, Rabiot, et al. I dint think they are exactly building around a 35 year old.

They are taking an opportunity to cash in on Dybala and bring in a striker who will score 20 goals for them next season.

Mandzukic and Dybala? Isn’t that too overkill up top? I refused to believe it. We also still have Sanchez on the books
Not really, we have a lot of numbers but not alot of quality up top. Those two are certified quality imo.

Mr Smith

It seems as much (if not more) about PR as it is about football. Juventus have been making a conscious effort to be more marketable for a few years now, from changing their logo, to buying Ronaldo, to bringing in Sarri to play more attractive football.

Having said that, I think buying Lukaku is more than anything about stealing Inter's primary transfer target, who they see as a genuine threat to their retention of Serie A this season.

flappyjay

Martial/Rashford will be LW/Striker for league games. Mandzukic will lead the line in carabao and Europa. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Otherwise I still think we don't need him. If Rashford and Martial both get injured we should just trust Greenwood don't need to increase our already oversized squad

croadyman

That's already been reported here via twatter.
Oh was this the tweet that said something about the deal is being held up by factors that aren't considered trivial.

Obviously they are talking about agents fees and salary but maybe it suggests the image rights issue can still be overcome somehow.

Art Vandelay

Martial/Rashford will be LW/Striker for league games. Mandzukic will lead the line in carabao and Europa. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Otherwise I still think we don't need him. If Rashford and Martial both get injured we should just trust Greenwood don't need to increase our already oversized squad
Martial and Rashford have yet to nail down the strikers position so another experienced striker is a good option to have. Plus he's different from our other strikers in that he's an aerial threat should we need one and he's proven to work well with Dybala in the past. Plus he's a winner and possibly a leader, things we lack.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It's sort of automatic for them to win the Serie A. It's not really an achievement anymore with the quality of their opposition. Their main goal is to win the champions league and in their eyes, if they don't win that, it's not really such a great achievement just winning the Serie A.

ManchesterYoda

Dybala no better than Gomes :lol:

You couldn’t make some people’s opinions up really.
I'll make a fun prediction with you. We sign Dybala, Dybala doesn't perform because he's a moody sod and joins Sanchez on the bench whilst at the same time Gomes breaks through into the first team and performs excellently.
If that happened then :lol: from me.

RedDevilRoshi

I’d have been delighted if we got just Dybala as part of the Lukaku swap but throwing in Mandzukic as well is just too good to be true!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I'll make a fun prediction with you. We sign Dybala, Dybala doesn't perform because he's a moody sod and joins Sanchez on the bench whilst at the same time Gomes breaks through into the first team and performs excellently.
What would be best though is for Dybala to arrive and fulfill his potential, while at the same time Gomes establishes himself in the side and performs excellently. Win-win all round, and no need for any of these :lol:

stepic

The chances of that scenario are so ridiculously small it’s barely worth even thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.