Pedro Neto

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
His best position is where Saka or Martinelli play though and they’re all similar ages, doesn’t make much sense?
Maybe someone finally put some sense into Arteta's head to avoid Saka retiring at 28. As soon as he's not playing our right side is completely dead. Shifting Jesus there is not really a viable solution.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Maybe someone finally put some sense into Arteta's head to avoid Saka retiring at 28. As soon as he's not playing our right side is completely dead. Shifting Jesus there is not really a viable solution.
And Neto would join as a backup plus arsenal would spend circa £50-£60m on a backup? Let’s face it, Saka (unless a drastic drop off) will be number one.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
And Neto would join as a backup plus arsenal would spend circa £50-£60m on a backup? Let’s face it, Saka (unless a drastic drop off) will be number one.
We spent 35M on Vieira, we'd be lucky to get Neto for 50M. Of course Saka is #1, i don't know if Neto would join as backup. But if he wants to switch, United are broke, Liverpool have some very decent options, Chelsea has a whole country on the bench. Don't think he's "City good" or La Liga good. So it would leave Arsenal/Spurs and he's supposedly an Arsenal fan.
We'll see but it's a good sign that we would at least try to get him.

Righteous Steps

We spent 35M on Vieira, we'd be lucky to get Neto for 50M. Of course Saka is #1, i don't know if Neto would join as backup. But if he wants to switch, United are broke, Liverpool have some very decent options, Chelsea has a whole country on the bench. Don't think he's "City good" or La Liga good. So it would leave Arsenal/Spurs and he's supposedly an Arsenal fan.
He is city good, and what does La Liga good mean, if he’s good enough to play for the top teams in England he’s good enough to play for Madrid or Barcelona.

Jeffthered

Of course. The man is playing, as someone previously described, like a monster. He's a handful, what a positive attitude.

We should offer them £30m and a load of players. He can't go to Arsenal because he will not play ahead of Saka.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We aren’t broke. And what on earth is La Liga good?!

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
If you want to try and compete with City and be competitive in multiple competitions I think people, and I’m including Arteta in this, need to try and get this ‘back up’ thing out their heads.

De Bruyne had the most minutes in the league out of City’s attacking midfielders with just over 2400mins. Guys like Grealish and Mahrez barely made 2000mins. Meanwhile, Saka played nearly 3200mins.

Of course City players pick up more minutes as they go deep in multiple competitions, but is that not exactly the point? That’s what we are striving to do as well. And how do you do that? By increasing the quality of your squad, that’s how.

Pav1878

Maybe, but find me one United fan who thought that buying Sancho was a bad idea.
;) This guy.
Said it all along. Had massive doubts about him physically to make it in the PL. and that was before we found out about his attitude, mental toughness etc.

yes Sancho had good stats but that’s not everything.
When I look at successful PL wide forwards I am looking for someone who has the technique (which Sancho does), but also has an innate strength on and off the ball.

you can be a little guy but really strong and he isn’t that. Good examples are Hazard, Mane and Salah. Small in stature but sinewy and just pure muscle.
Hazard may not be like that now but at his peak he was.

we need more athletes basically and Sancho isn’t that.

MegadrivePerson

Salah is likely to be moving to Saudi Arabia next summer so I can see Liverpool signing him as a Salah replacement.

Pickle85

;) This guy.
Said it all along. Had massive doubts about him physically to make it in the PL. and that was before we found out about his attitude, mental toughness etc.

yes Sancho had good stats but that’s not everything.
When I look at successful PL wide forwards I am looking for someone who has the technique (which Sancho does), but also has an innate strength on and off the ball.

you can be a little guy but really strong and he isn’t that. Good examples are Hazard, Mane and Salah. Small in stature but sinewy and just pure muscle.
Hazard may not be like that now but at his peak he was.

we need more athletes basically and Sancho isn’t that.
Eh?! Two of your posts in the 'Jadon Sancho/Staying at Dortmund for now' thread (can't quote directly as thread is closed):

'Thiago is a great shout actually. Worryingly both he and Sancho are also linked with Liverpool.

If we could get those two in and maybe a CB in January we are looking great for a title push over the next couple of years.'

'Please let this happen. Especially Grimaldo, he would transfer (sic) our left attacking side as Sancho would on the right.'

You were also very keen on Telles, it seems.

Yeah, sorry, that's super petty of me but the truth is that 99% of united fans wanted Sancho in. Very few were Nostradamus.

Born2Lose

Maybe, but find me one United fan who thought that buying Sancho was a bad idea.
There were plenty on here who worried about him repeating it in the PL, his international appearances and his problems off the pitch at City and Dortmund.

The price drop from 120m Euros to 90m and still no interest also suggested most big clubs thought the same.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's a really good player and will improve whoever he goes to... unless he goes to United, where he will just turn shit and forget how to run :lol:

Pav1878

Eh?! Two of your posts in the 'Jadon Sancho/Staying at Dortmund for now' thread (can't quote directly as thread is closed):

'Thiago is a great shout actually. Worryingly both he and Sancho are also linked with Liverpool.

If we could get those two in and maybe a CB in January we are looking great for a title push over the next couple of years.'

'Please let this happen. Especially Grimaldo, he would transfer (sic) our left attacking side as Sancho would on the right.'

You were also very keen on Telles, it seems.

Yeah, sorry, that's super petty of me but the truth is that 99% of united fans wanted Sancho in. Very few were Nostradamus.
I can’t remember that, but I think context is everything added to the fear factor all football fans have of a rival getting your target and him going on to be a superstar for them.
He wasn’t my first choice put it that way, and certainly not worth a long drawn out saga with Gary Cotterill freezing his nuts off outside the Dortmund training centre. Actually it was worth that. Can’t stand Gary Cotterill

DavelinaJolie

Would love to see Neto at Utd, he's an excellent and incisive player, and seems to have come back strong this season after the injury.

Won't happen though.

Pickle85

I can’t remember that, but I think context is everything added to the fear factor all football fans have of a rival getting your target and him going on to be a superstar for them.
He wasn’t my first choice put it that way, and certainly not worth a long drawn out saga with Gary Cotterill freezing his nuts off outside the Dortmund training centre. Actually it was worth that. Can’t stand Gary Cotterill
Haha fair play mate, agreed re Cotterill!

Zed is not dead

10x the player of Rashford
11 goals and 14 assists in 100 games. Yes of course let’s all get carried away.
The guy is talented, is having a great start to the season but maybe, just maybe let’s see if he can carry on this level of performance regularly?

Davie Moyes

He's a really good player and will improve whoever he goes to... unless he goes to United, where he will just turn shit and forget how to run :lol:
Absolutely this. I've long given up thinking new signings are going to suddenly fix everything. In fact the more we spend on a player, the bigger the disappointment.

RuudTom83

11 goals and 14 assists in 100 games. Yes of course let’s all get carried away.
The guy is talented, is having a great start to the season but maybe, just maybe let’s see if he can carry on this level of performance regularly?
What is this crazy talk!? sod that, lets bid £87 million in January and then call him a failure after 2 games.

'It is the way' of the Cafe.

Castia

Top player I really like him

Explosive winger that loves to dribble past defenders I’d love him here. If it wasn’t for the terrible injury he would already be at a top club.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
He is city good, and what does La Liga good mean, if he’s good enough to play for the top teams in England he’s good enough to play for Madrid or Barcelona.
The talk was about why would he go to Arsenal to be behind Saka. Do you think he starts for City, Real, Barca, Liverpool ? Doku didn't have insane stats before moving so who knows...
We aren’t broke. And what on earth is La Liga good?!
Real/Barca. Especially with the players they already have on their wings. I don't think he would start for either at the moment.

amolbhatia50k

The talk was about why would he go to Arsenal to be behind Saka. Do you think he starts for City, Real, Barca, Liverpool ? Doku didn't have insane stats before moving so who knows...

Real/Barca. Especially with the players they already have on their wings. I don't think he would start for either at the moment.
He’s worse than Raphinha and Torres? Besides, it’s funny that you’re eliminating others on those grounds as he’s not starting for Arsenal either.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
He’s worse than Raphinha and Torres? Besides, it’s funny that you’re eliminating others on those grounds as he’s not starting for Arsenal either.
I (as in my personnal opinion) don't think he would (at the moment) start for Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Real or Barcelona. United may not be broke (hum) but you also might not be as appealing an option as those other clubs. Is that some outlandish claim ? Am i stuck in a loop here ? :houllier:

amolbhatia50k

I (as in my personnal opinion) don't think he would (at the moment) start for Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Real or Barcelona. United may not be broke (hum) but you also might not be as appealing an option as those other clubs. Is that some outlandish claim ? Am i stuck in a loop here ? :houllier:
No you’re stuck defending bad logic. You eliminated other options and said it leaves Arsenal / Spurs but none of it made any sense.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
No you’re stuck defending bad logic. You eliminated other options and said it leaves Arsenal / Spurs but none of it made any sense.
Arsenal: Saka - RW cover, elite striker and maybe fixing Havertz transfer are the next priorities.
Barca: Raphinha-Yamal Huge money issues in every window
Real: Rodrygo + Not really the level where they shop at
United: Big money and ownership issues, ETH's 80M man already there and problems in CM
City: Silva renewed but they still might want to do it and prepare for the future
Liverpool: Salah might leave but they still have issue in CM and question marks around the willingness to invest and the money available to do so.
Spurs: Impossible to tell yet if they will change their ways and go for bigger signings but i'd say no.

So yes again, in my opinion if he moved on, Arsenal woud be in a very good spot to get him. Maybe City will come in, flex their infinite money and sign him, i don't know.

If none of that makes sense to you, that's fine, feel free to disagree.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal: Saka - RW cover, elite striker and maybe fixing Havertz transfer are the next priorities.
United: Big money and ownership issues, ETH's 80M man already there and problems in CM
City: Silva renewed but they still might want to do it and prepare for the future
Liverpool: Salah might leave but they still have issue in CM and question marks around the willingness to invest and the money available to do so.
Spurs: Impossible to tell yet if they will change their ways and go for bigger signings but i'd say no.

So yes again, in my opinion if he moved on, Arsenal woud be in a very good spot to get him. Maybe City will come in, flex their infinite money and sign him, i don't know.

Liverpool is a more attractive option for him if Salah move on next summer. Liverpool will get a huge transfer fee from Saudi as well. Arsenal definitely need a RW to compete and rotate with Saka.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’m not sure we’ll be so broke that we couldn’t even spend on 1-2 signings per season? But yeah, would also help our cause if we could recoup some money for Sancho/Antony and even move older players (Casemiro, injury prone Varane) on to Saudi for some cash.

If you want to try and compete with City and be competitive in multiple competitions I think people, and I’m including Arteta in this, need to try and get this ‘back up’ thing out their heads.

De Bruyne had the most minutes in the league out of City’s attacking midfielders with just over 2400mins. Guys like Grealish and Mahrez barely made 2000mins. Meanwhile, Saka played nearly 3200mins.

Of course City players pick up more minutes as they go deep in multiple competitions, but is that not exactly the point? That’s what we are striving to do as well. And how do you do that? By increasing the quality of your squad, that’s how.
Agreed but I think our type clubs operate differently to limitless cash city, IMO. We don’t have the luxury of paying huge fees for squad players. But I agree with your overall point.

Abraxas

What's this all about?

It's not that much of a small market for a highly talented attacking player that is easy to get because he's at a lower status club. Many clubs would be interested in that situation IF he has a good season. Not all of them are going to be coming at once of course but you're reasoning around it like this is a small market for a Harry Kane or Mbappe. It's not, it's just a talented winger that's quite easy to procure if said clubs really want to do it, any of which might because these days it's about constantly improving all options and chucking money about.

Smithy89

We should stay away from him, he's a good likable player so he wouldn't fit in here.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
I’m not sure we’ll be so broke that we couldn’t even spend on 1-2 signings per season? But yeah, would also help our cause if we could recoup some money for Sancho/Antony and even move older players (Casemiro, injury prone Varane) on to Saudi for some cash.
You're not that broke but if you could sign 2 players this summer at the average "big club rate" (40/60M+) would Neto be one of them for United ? Or would you focus on a LB, a CB, a CM, another striker ?
Of course if you end up clearing some players to Saudi Arabia it's a whole other story.
What's this all about?

It's not that much of a small market for a highly talented attacking player that is easy to get because he's at a lower status club. Many clubs would be interested in that situation IF he has a good season. Not all of them are going to be coming at once of course but you're reasoning around it like this is a small market for a Harry Kane or Mbappe. It's not, it's just a talented winger that's quite easy to procure if said clubs really want to do it, any of which might because these days it's about constantly improving all options and chucking money about.
Well yes, sure, but it is still a PL club selling so it automatically limits the buyers to say the PL top 8 or those other clubs. I don't think Wolves will let a 23y old, contracted until 2027 go on a cheap. We could maybe add Atletico as a potential club with money that could be tempted. Any of them could do it, but not all would considering the various situations i listed.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You're not that broke but if you could sign 2 players this summer at the average "big club rate" (40/60M+) would Neto be one of them for United ? Or would you focus on a LB, a CB, a CM, another striker ?
Of course if you end up clearing some players to Saudi Arabia it's a whole other story.

Well yes, sure, but it is still a PL club selling so it automatically limits the buyers to say the PL top 8 or those other clubs. I don't think Wolves will let a 23y old, contracted until 2027 go on a cheap. We could maybe add Atletico as a potential club with money that could be tempted. Any of them could do it, but not all would considering the various situations i listed.
Agreed yeah. Though RW for us is becoming a bigger issue by the minute

Idxomer

Another great piece of play to get Wolves their first goal against Villa.

croadyman

Who would fit this side better out of him/Mitoma seeing as Sancho will want out in January

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who would fit this side better out of him/Mitoma seeing as Sancho will want out in January
Mitoma is a left winger, Neto can do either but is left footed so inverts from the right if that's what we want. So easily him.