g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pep and City's dominance only good for the league | Theafonis discovers he's a City fan

Greck

So far we continue investing in young world talents/prospects to be the foundation of our future sides, our time will come. City's real advantage on us right now is they started doing this years ago. A major reason I wanted SAF to invest better at the time and stop looking for value players

Reactions: SteveJ

Fluctuation0161

I didn't give 2 shits about it, just as I've already stated in this thread that I didn't give 2 shits about Blackburn doing it. Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of moaning about stuff going on at other clubs in my football supporting life - not least yours - but one thing I've never gotten all moralistic about is what other clubs spend and how they came into that money.
I find that hard to believe, but I’ll take it as you being the 1 in 20,000 City fans who never moaned about other clubs money or spending. ;)

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I find that hard to believe, but I’ll take it as you being the 1 in 20,000 City fans who never moaned about other clubs money or spending. ;)
Tell you something sunshine - I know way more City fans than you’ll ever know and although we can be a bunch of moaning bitter bastards about all manner of things but one thing we rarely, if ever bemoaned, was what other clubs were spending. We might have complained that we had next to feck-all to spend but we never accused any other clubs of buying trophies or ruining football. I think the only time in my near 30 years as a season ticket holder where I complained about money spent by other clubs was when I read Newcastle were rumoured to be paying Asprilla £30,000 a week. My outrage lasted all of about 30 seconds.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with Wolves over the coming seasons, given their owners are making serious noises about really going for it in the transfer market, and fair play to them if they do.

redflair

Was Rod Laver the best tennis player ever? Or did he simply excel in an era when the competition were not very good?

He was a fine tennis player for sure, but wouldn't get a set I think off Federer, Nadal, or (in his prime) Jokovic.

So when trying to decide who's the best ever, who they were up against at the time is an important factor. I am not suggesting there were no good opponents back then. However, from about 1992 onwards, when the first ball was kicked in August, you could be pretty sure it would be United lifting the trophy in May. From 1992 to 2003, United won it 8 out of the 11 times. Was that down to the fantastic teams United had back then? Sure it was, but it was helped greatly by the fact that other clubs were all over the place.
Of course, a brutal magnificent Arsenal team were all over the place. Blackburn Rovers had pumped money into their side and were hoovering up all the best players. Roy Keane was moments away from ending up there. Newcastle weren't half bad either, if a little brittle.

City under Pep need to win things - and I love watching their side play rignt now - but they have to hoover up a lot of silverware to be mentioned in the same breath as those Fergie sides.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The Premier League have been filled with foreign coaches since like 2000. And British coaches have so far have not seem better for it.

cyberman

Nonsense.
Guillem can be condescending all he wants but its fans that questioned Pep, not young coaches and thats who matters.
Are we also going to pretend that Pep hasn't spent money or he himself admitting he had to adapt his style to English football?

Fridge chutney

Our rivals had to put up with us dominating the league for years. We're just going to have to put up with it being City's turn until we can knock them off their perch. God I wish Ferguson was 10 years younger and still manager.
Their perch? They've won 4 titles! They aren't even in the conversation.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Journo: Would you be willing to help if the FA or young coaches seek your help or advice? Pep “Of course, I would be willing to help the FA. When I was a young manager I travelled around the world to be with other managers so they could explain to me their secrets and what they think and believe. When I was a young manager it was a gift to speak with managers who opened the doors to explain to me what they believed about the profession, about the locker rooms, about the tactics. I will help of course – but at the end every coach has to do what they believe. But don’t follow me because I have success now – that is a big mistake.''

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just as @totaalvoetbal was saying, league should perhaps aim to learn from Pep.

I realize many of you don’t agree with Guillem, but he has point here.

:lol: Both are residents in Pep's arse, so not surprising both made same points. What ballbag doesn't understand is pundits and fans talking crap has nothing to do with coaches and as it is PL is full of foreign coaches.

These Pep fan boys are just facepalmworthy.

SER19

Is there absolutely nowhere to draw at line at ways to praise him? They're having an absolutely phenomenal season and watching them more often it's clear that guardiola is having a a huge influence on some players that are getting results probably beyond their individual capabilities. He is a fantastic manager

But for the love of Jesus Christ we've had foreign managers come to England and turn out incredible teams. Wenger at his Arsenal peak in my opinion produced more attractive football and went a season unbeaten, mourinho basically gave the league no chance for two years, Conte came in and popularised a back three, no to mention ancelloti winning with over 100 goals. This at a time when th greatest manager of all time was basically monopolising the league.

Do we really need to keep acting like we should be on our knees thanking god that he's here, and when we're not we should all have our pens out taking notes on how he gets a team to win matches. Just feck off already.

And for what it's worth, posting any article from this sycophantic lunatic is about as credible as quoting that city fan with the Barcelona nickname. Where does this stop? Just make him head of the football association and let him decide how everything works? It's also weird timing after another uninspiring performance and just prior to him probably splashing a shit ton of money to replace a player who has an 8 week injury.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just as @totaalvoetbal was saying, league should perhaps aim to learn from Pep.

I realize many of you don’t agree with Guillem, but he has point here.

What the feck is new about foreign coaches? Do Jose, Klopp and Conte have English coaches?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's no middle ground with Pep. Either it's all money and his methods aren't out performing his peers, or he's some God's gift to management and mankind itself who has changed the way we think and act.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There's no middle ground with Pep. Either it's all money and his methods aren't out performing his peers, or he's some God's gift to management and mankind itself who has changed the way we think and act.
Exactly.