Pep = Pep Guardiola is my idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleTheGreat

The man has bought players worth 1.17 Billion in the last decade and has managed to win a lot of trophies but how many managers in the current era would do the same with that kind of money at their disposal?

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
Ole has spent more than him the past few seasons and is yet to win anything with us. It's not just about spending money, it's about spending it well and getting the most out of his players - something he has proven he can do to a World class standard.

The man has broke records at every club he's been to, to the point where you need almost invincible seasons to even compete with his side. I'm surprised people are still trying to discredit him, he's a ridiculously good manager. Lots of managers get a lot of money, I'd argue not many could build teams as dominant as he does with said funds though.

432JuanMata

The man has bought player worth 1.17 Billion in the last decade and has managed to win a lot of trophies but how many managers in the current era would do the same with that kind of money at their disposal?
I can see why people criticise him for not winning the CL with the money he spends but you have to ask yourself why do these clubs hire him and give him all this money ? ie they feel he is the best option and will win trophies

Ole'sattheWheel

You could write a basic flow chart for these types of threads at this point. They go something like this:

1) Pep = Pep Guardiola is my idol, £1bil on players
2) Ole spent similar, no trophies
3) Pep had better team to start with, same with every club he's managed
4) SAF fraud then, also had best squad in league and spent more than opposition
5) Pep never built up squad from nothing like SAF/Mourinho/Klopp
6) Pep teams break records
7) Pep dodgy CL record

Etc.

Do people not get bored of having the same arguments over and over?

meamth

Ole has spent more than him the past few seasons and is yet to win anything with us. It's not just about spending money, it's about spending it well and getting the most out of his players - something he has proven he can do to a World class standard.

The man has broke records at every club he's been to, to the point where you need almost invincible seasons to even compete with his side. I'm surprised people are still trying to discredit him, he's a ridiculously good manager. Lots of managers get a lot of money, I'd argue not many could build teams as dominant as he does with said funds though.
Stable, championship winning squad vs Squad with glaring problems and neglected investment in key areas.

We're cutting that gap with Ole.

nickyboy1981

You could write a basic flow chart for these types of threads at this point. They go something like this:

7) Pep dodgy CL record

Etc.

You missed.

I could have managed that barca team and won the champions league

CG1010

7) Pep dodgy CL record

Etc.

Pep and drugs part

CG1010

Clearly for such an important topic we need multiple threads, the other thread (peps spending is insane) wasn't enough

Widow

08/09 - 00/01

Net Spend
Man Utd – £817.1million
Man City – £1,270.8billion

Pep has the biggest net spend in Europe since he arrived at City £550m. Hardly the same as Ole.

KD6-3.7

The lengths some United fans go to discredit Guardiola is unbelievable. Would banning him from signing players make you feel better?

Not like our managers haven’t spent money they’ve just spent it really poorly.

Widow

7) Pep dodgy CL record

Etc.

You have 10 posts a day and you waste one on ripping into a thread? If you're not so kean, scroll past.

Womp

idiot
08/09 - 00/01

Net Spend
Man Utd – £817.1million
Man City – £1,270.8billion

Pep has the biggest net spend in Europe since he arrived at City £550m. Hardly the same as Ole.
I specifically said 'past few seasons'. Unless you're claiming Ole inheriting a squad with players like Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Pogba, DDG, Shaw, Greenwood etc. and countless investment on top of that isn't enough to be challenging? Not to add, Pep had to deal with his own issues with that City squad when coming in. Silva ageing, having absolutely dog shite defenders etc.

The idea is that any manager could spend a lot of money and do what Pep did, but our current manager is proof enough that, that isn't the case.

Klopp managed to match Pep's teams at their best twice, beating them once and he had to run his team into the ground to do so - and he in his own right is a ridiculously good coach.

So no, I don't agree that any manager can just spend what Pep does and manage to build a team as dominant as his. The guy breaks records and to beat his teams at their best, you probably need 80-100 points. That's fecking ridiculous, regardless of how much money you spend.

OleTheGreat

You have 10 posts a day and you waste one on ripping into a thread? If you're not so kean, scroll past.
Haha.. exactly! Some of these people just post to up their count I guess. It's up to us to post what we think and for others to comment on it. If you are disinterested, just skip it and move on. I rather you not comment on the topic than commenting this.

CG1010

I get your point but these comments are also pointless. Why not just scroll past?
Calling out multiple threads on same subject helps the forum IMO. But point taken, discuss away. I am out.

shahzy

7) Pep dodgy CL record

Etc.

Spot on. This Pep Guardiola is my idol quip is so old and so obviously wrong

OleTheGreat

I understand that Pep has done a lot with the money and brought in the right players for his system but my question is, how many managers could do the same if offered money
Didn't know Pep coached us?

Why is this in the united section?
Wow, the lengths you go to, to insult someone

mu4c_20le

Fun fact: SAF won it with Aberdeen. Jose won it with Porto and Inter. Pep still can't win it with prime Bayern and City.

Carry on

Widow

I specifically said 'past few seasons'. Unless you're claiming Ole inheriting a squad with players like Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Pogba, DDG, Shaw, Greenwood etc. and countless investment on top of that isn't enough to be challenging? Not to add, Pep had to deal with his own issues with that City squad when coming in. Silva ageing, having absolutely dog shite defenders etc.

The idea is that any manager could spend a lot of money and do what Pep did, but our current manager is proof enough that, that isn't the case.

Klopp managed to match Pep's teams at their best twice, beating them once and he had to run his team into the ground to do so - and he in his own right is a ridiculously good coach.

So no, I don't agree that any manager can just spend what Pep does and manage to build a team as dominant as his. The guy breaks records and to beat his teams at their best, you probably need 80-100 points. That's fecking ridiculous, regardless of how much money you spend.
Give or take a million (sourced from Transfer.market.co.uk)

355 - Ole since 19/20

390 - Pep since 19/20 (probably not finished)

You can also say that we needed to play catch up as our squad post JM was way short of the standard needed to compete. Our spending, in theory, should be higher than Peps as he had a better squad when Ole took over.

That said, I don't think he is a fraud, he gets his teams playing fantasy football and we'll all see their level drop slightly when he eventually leaves.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I understand that Pep has done a lot with the money and brought in the right players for his system but my question is, how many managers could do the same if offered money
Wow, the lengths you go to, to insult someone
It’s a genuine question on why the feck this is in the United forum when Pep isn’t our coach.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
On first look I'd say there is no added value to this thread, given there is already a sack watch and a 'Pep's spending is insane' thread. :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great. Peps worshippers will now infest the United forum

Nickelodeon

The clubs with money bring in Pep for his ability to win trophies. Not the other way around.

If we had recruited Pep a few years back, our spending, which is already the second highest in the league, would’ve been targeted by opposition fans as well.

His teams performances and consistency speaks for itself. Just because he’s the manager of a club with resources doesn’t make him a fraud.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What's truly incredible is how superb his hairline once was. The type of hairline where you'd think: this dude's never gonna lose it.it was almost down to his eyebrows.

Fridge chutney

What's truly incredible is how superb his hairline once was. The type of hairline where you'd think: this dude's never gonna lose it.it was almost down to his eyebrows.
Maybe he didn't lose it, perhaps he chooses to shave his head.

dal

Silva, De Bryune, Sterling, Aguero. He improved these players I feel and apart from that he made them work exceptionally hard.

Pep and Klopp are the best two in the world.

McSauce FC

Biggest spenders in the PL and * when Fergie won the league:

*93 BRFC
*94 BRFC
95 EFC
*96 NUFC
*97 NUFC
98 NUFC
*99 MUFC
*00 LFC
*01 LUFC
02 MUFC
*03 MUFC

04 CFC
05 CFC
06 CFC
*07 CFC
*08 LFC
*09 MCFC
10 MCFC
*11 MCFC
12 CFC
*13 CFC

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's a cheque book manager, but that doesn't mean he isn't a sensational one.

Status
Not open for further replies.