'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Thunderhead

Supports
City
So it is just a coincidence that the club they happen to buy was Pep's brother's.

When foreign dignitaries spent 100,000's of pounds in Trump's hotels, they were paying Trump in a way that looks kosher. The end result is they are paying Trump for favours. Buying the club this way is just making payments to Pep Kosher. It is the exact same thing as paying Pep.
Maybe it is maybe it isn't but the point is City didn't buy Peps brother a football club

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
So the post City bought Peps brother a football club is factually incorrect, what they have done is bought into a football club partly owned by Peps brother
Ha ha ha ha! This level of delusion belongs on Blue Moon. :lol::lol::lol:

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
What's delusional about that?
If I have to explain then perhaps you belong on Blue Moon, because The Caf and the rest of the football world understand City's sportwashing regime, it seems the only folk who dont are their fans.

Mark Wuhlberg

Supports
Manchester City
Ha ha ha ha! This level of delusion belongs on Blue Moon. :lol::lol::lol:
Jesus. I understand you have to defend your club no matter what but Jesus.
Do you have *any proof* that City bought Pep's brother a club (that it was City who bought Girona for Pep's brother and not Pep's brother himself who bought his own shares) or do you go with the good ol' "gut feeling"? Looks like you've created a false narrative which you treat as "fact" and accuse others who question it with delusion.

and more importantly:

What if they did? They (rather Mubadala, not City) can buy Pep's brother anything they want and can afford. They can buy him a club if they want, or they can give him half of Abu Dhabi if they want, it's theirs.

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
Do you have *any proof* that City bought Pep's brother a club (that it was City who bought Girona for Pep's brother and not Pep's brother himself who bought his own shares) or do you go with the good ol' "gut feeling"? Looks like you've created a false narrative which you treat as "fact" and accuse others who question it with delusion.

and more importantly:

What if they did? They (rather Mubadala, not City) can buy Pep's brother anything they want and can afford. They can buy him a club if they want, or they can give him half of Abu Dhabi if they want, it's theirs.
I refer you to my previous answer.

If I have to explain then perhaps you belong on Blue Moon, because The Caf and the rest of the football world understand City's sportwashing regime, it seems the only folk who dont are their fans.

sangria

So basically you have no proof to back up your made up claims, and are telling people that if they don't take your word for it, they are deluded and they belong to bluemoon :D:lol:
Yeah, and Roberto Mancini had a first job as ambassador for some Abu Dhabi function or other that paid him the most, and in his spare time he managed Man City which paid him slightly less. Completely above board. Just like the completely unrelated sponsorships which Man City are signing with businesses that also happen to be owned by Man City's owners. All above board, and not cheating in any way.

Guy Incognito

To win a league title against Pep you have to be near perfect. Literally every single dropped point is major in a title race with a Pep team. Nightmare for any team that have aspirations of competing for the league in the coming years if he stays.
This, basically.

They will have off days in cup competitions, but their squad is built to win a league.

Cloud7

This, basically.

They will have off days in cup competitions, but their squad is built to win a league.
It's not really the squad, it's how Pep coaches them. His style of football strangles the life out of the opposition nine times out of ten. Most teams just aren't able to defend or even counteract that for an entire match. Added to that he extracts an insane level of consistency out of everyone. He can swap around his players and the performance level never really drops off.

Sviken

If that's so he's a bit of a coward, I can't deny he's a great manager but if he won't leave City because he's too scared to be at a club where he won't have unlimited funds then he's a high quality cheque book manager.
That's been known for a long time. Pep doesn't like challenges. City have been tailor made built for him. It's like if you play Football Manager with cheat codes. Why would he leave that? Yes, there is PSG, but they are not going to be half as patient as him or allow him the absolute control he has at City.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Best performance of the season tonight. First thing i thought of was Ty from AFTV. :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

@Thunderhead is right though. The claim is incorrect. He just called out an ad-lapidum, and you responded by telling him he belongs on bluemoon rather than explaining what it is you find laughable about his question.

sangria

@Thunderhead is right though. The claim is incorrect. He just called out an ad-lapidum, and you responded by telling him he belongs on bluemoon rather than explaining what it is you find laughable about his question.
How is it incorrect? City's and Pere Guardiola's share is exactly the same, forming the overwhelming majority share, and City have a proven track record of paying their employees for supposed extra-curricular activities in order to hand them money without accounting for it in FFP.

Fluctuation0161

It's not really the squad, it's how Pep coaches them. His style of football strangles the life out of the opposition nine times out of ten. Most teams just aren't able to defend or even counteract that for an entire match. Added to that he extracts an insane level of consistency out of everyone. He can swap around his players and the performance level never really drops off.
Certainly helps having unlimited funds from fake sponsorships.

I see another sponsor has come on board this month. A hotel part owned by their owner. Just a coincidence.

Cloud7

Certainly helps having unlimited funds from fake sponsorships.

I see another sponsor has come on board this month. A hotel part owned by their owner. Just a coincidence.
Give any other manager in world football the funds that Pep has been given and they would not extract this same level of performances. They would do well, I'm sure, but his level of dominance in league football is far ahead of any other manager.

sangria

Give any other manager in world football the funds that Pep has been given and they would not extract this same level of performances. They would do well, I'm sure, but his level of dominance in league football is far ahead of any other manager.
Give other comparable managers in world football his funds and Guardiola would not be this dominant either. Guardiola may be the best, but the level of his dominance is exaggerated beyond measurable level by the level of funding he has, and the nature of the funding leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Not only does he have a country's money to play with, City cheats to make it even more certain, and threatens anyone trying to enforce the rules with legal action, and justify themselves by saying no action was taken when the football authorities conclude that they can't outlast City's lawyers.

See the recent self-sponsorships. No action will be taken, because if any is taken, City will just threaten legal action, and no one can afford the legal fees that City can just write off. It's not plausible deniability, as everyone can see they are dodgy. It's legal deniability, because no one can enforce the rules against City.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
How is it incorrect? City's and Pere Guardiola's share is exactly the same, forming the overwhelming majority share, and City have a proven track record of paying their employees for supposed extra-curricular activities in order to hand them money without accounting for it in FFP.
As I explained earlier, my point was City didn't purchase Girona for Pep's brother as was claimed, it doesn't matter if they have an equal share City didn't buy that share and give it to him

sangria

As I explained earlier, my point was City didn't purchase Girona for Pep's brother as was claimed, it doesn't matter if they have an equal share City didn't buy that share and give it to him
Yeah, right. And Emirates Hotel, owner by City's owners, sponsoring City and pouring money into City via a completely unrelated business, is a completely legit sponsorship. And Mancini being paid even more for an Abu Dhabi ambassadorship than for the FFP-accountable City coaching job was a completely legit arrangement too.

City don't bother with plausible deniability. None of it is plausible. They only care about legal deniability.

EtH

Thread should be titled “Pep Guardiola’s Sack Watch” at this point.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You know, sometimes he looks like he's held at gunpoint by the arabs at City. He's caged in his own genius. He is bored of winning and wants out but has no choice.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
You know, sometimes he looks like he's held at gunpoint by the arabs at City. He's caged in his own genius. He is bored of winning and wants out but has no choice.
Guardiola is NEVER bored of winning. That's why his win percentage as a manager is 74!! Unparalleled levels of wanting to win i must say haha

Sviken

I don't think he is bored of winning, otherwise he'd go somewhere where there is more challenge. I think City offers him everything that a manager would want, but at the same time they are such a souless club I don't think he finds much enjoyment in it. He never looks happy there. I guess the best way to describe it is a love-hate relationship.

Caesar2290

He could start by winning a CL with this lot.

sugar_kane

Strange, strange man.

Hopefully he won’t one day find himself past his sell by date like Mourinho as he seems so unable to deal with dropping points I fear for his sanity and the safety of those around him.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Guardiola is hilarious when he is nervous and things didnt happen according to his plan. Its part of his personallity. In other news the FA of the Netherlands wants him as their next national coach. Guardiola himself said that after City he will be keen to manage a national team and it will be even poetic to take over the reigns of Johan Cruyff's home country, isn't it?!

Caesar2290

Would kill our ten Hag chances imo.
50/50 probably. I'm fairly certain that Luis Enrique is viewed as Pep's replacement. Considering he is not available till the middle of next year makes sense.

Re: Ten Hag - I'm split right now. Ten Hag will be expected to succeed a SAF like figure with a ton of pressure in a foreign league right of the bat, where as here he can do the same thing he did at Ajax. Slowly build a team of his liking. Personally I still think that unless we dilly dadle too much, we have a very good chance of signing Erik.

Orion.

I’ve heard he’s agreed to join PSG in the summer. Another almighty challenge for the genius that is Pep.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I’ve heard he’s agreed to join PSG in the summer. Another almighty challenge for the genius that is Pep.
Well what you heard is partly true. PSG will have a bald manager in the summer but his name is Zidane..

ExecutionerWasp001

He said in a recent interview that when he leaves he won't do anything to disrespect Abu Dhabi. The owners would deem it highly disrespectful if he sodded off without delivering a CL only to then end up at PSG. Would be even more galling if he then went on to delivering a CL title at PSG.