'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Klopp is most likely to win the PL after winning the CL. He inherited a team with a front three of Benteke, Ings and Sturridge, so strange comparison there. Pep on the other hand has spent north of £700mil on a squad that was already capable of winning the league. There's a big difference.
And upto winning the CL last year his trophy record was consistently used as a stick to best him with.

Denis' cuff

Klopps achievements are far more impressive.

If Big Sam had de Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, de Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Kompany, etc etc etc I’m sure he’d rack up 14 trophies

As for what he “achieved” at Bayern, they have it easier than Celtic

And he shaves his head to make it look like his choice to be bald

+Drug convictions

Fraud

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Very good at getting a high quality team to play a good system with gusto. A world class motivator.
But I don't believe he has the stones to build a legacy, probably not even with the money, but definitely not without that.

billybee99

The Barca team he took over had finished below Villarreal the season before he started and then won the treble with them. The City team had finished level on points with our dog shit Van Gaal team before he had them getting 100 points within 2 years.

He’s definitely bald though you’re right.
That Barca team he took over had Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Deco, Pujols, Ronaldhino and they were one year removed from winning the UCL. Yeah they had an off year before he arrived and he sold Ronnie but come on! That team was fecking stacked. It was an unbelievable collection of talent - literally some of the greatest players in the history of the sport.

Green_Red

He is a bloody good manager. He made Barca into world beaters and not the other way around. He was helped by having Messi, but he improved those players a lot and won two CL titles.
In Bayern he didn't do that great in CL, but he totally dominated the league. Other managers have done that too so not super impressive.

He has done a great job at City too. His transfers have maybe not been amazing, but he has helped further develop Sterling and KDB as world beaters. Won everything apart from CL last season which is a great even if he got helped by easy draws.

I think his biggest flaw is making good transfers and improving the defense of his sides. Although it is clear that he is improving what he got and make his team play very good attacking football as a team.
Im going to say he isnt a good manager, he is, but never forget he inherited a beastly Barca team built by Rijkaard.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Im going to say he isnt a good manager, he is, but never forget he inherited a beastly Barca team built by Rijkaard.
Rijkaard was losing grip on the squad though, and he never accomplished what Pep did with it in his time in charge. Pep got rid of Deco, Eto'o, and Ronaldinho (a pretty ballsy decision at the time for three major pieces of Rijkaard's team), and built around Messi who was still far from being the Messi he became under Pep. Inherited makes it sound as if he just slot right in and had almost nothing to do with the success of the team; it's just not true.

SambaBoy

He's a tough one to judge in some respects. Yes he's took over top clubs with top players but a considerable number of managers have done that and failed. He's also taken players to new levels such as Sterling, KdB, Pedro, Pique, Busquets etc.

His main failure is in Europe. Since his Barca days, he's been overthinking and not really setting up tactically well. It's a cup competition and anything can happen, but Bayern completely capitulated and City have struggled badly.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What people don't seem to factor is managing favourites also brings its own pressures. Take the Bayern job for example, he had to go into a club that has just won it all, not only motivate players that have just won the lot to go again but also buy into his ideas which were the polar opposite from what they've been successful doing. I would say it would have been an "easier" job had he took over the year before.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You really think winning with that squad is a greater accomplishment than what he did with City?
Don’t see how your question is relevant to anything I’ve said. But that squad originated from La Liga and dominated Europe.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
The state of some posts, especially the OP.

If you think that he's a checkbook manager who just slotted in that Barca side and that any other one could get any of his teams play at the level we seen them do, then you should honestly give up on football. One can (rightly) point to the lack of European trophies at Bayern, Man City's case not being closed yet, but to call him a fraud is absolutely ridiculous. One of the greatest managers of all time SAF, won the CL just twice, Wenger never won it. Poch completely transformed that Spurs side, yet never won a title with them. Are they frauds too?

The money argument doesn't hold much water, especially in United's case who more or less spent the same amount of money with the results we know.

Ace of Spades

He is bald, that is for sure.

I think he is a fantastic coach and he does not need to prove anything. He keeps producing good football and winning trophies, and I don't think he has to go out of his way to look for lesser clubs when he is coveted by most of the top clubs. You can of course debate whether he should have won more with some of the team he managed, but beyond that calling him a fraud seems too stupid and extreme.

I don't think he is the best ever or anything like that, nor do I like him as an individual, but not accepting that he is a top coach is simply being in denial.

Zen86

Yet the ironic thing is, managers who do take on "proper challenges" like Klopp, Sarri, Pochettino are apparently overrated because they don't win enough.

Seems a manager can't be top class unless they win with a shit team, oh wait Ranieri did that and no one rates him either.

So it begs the question, what does quantify a top manager?
I think consistently winning things will always be the definition for a top manager. The circumstances around that are more debatable though.

In my book, winning when you have consistently had far and away the best (and often most expensive) team isn’t all that great of an achievement.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The state of some posts, especially the OP.

If you think that he's a checkbook manager who just slotted in that Barca side and that any other one could get any of his teams play at the level we seen them do, then you should honestly give up on football. One can (rightly) point to the lack of European trophies at Bayern, Man City's case not being closed yet, but to call him a fraud is absolutely ridiculous. One of the greatest managers of all time SAF, won the CL just twice, Wenger never won it. Poch completely transformed that Spurs side, yet never won a title with them. Are they frauds too?

The money argument doesn't hold much water, especially in United's case who more or less spent the same amount of money with the results we know.
None of those managers spent even close to what the Pep Guardiola is my idol has spent.

Have you seen his latest quote? City need "significant investment" if they want him to renew his contract.

Like it or not, he's a checkbook manager. PED Fraudiola.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Everybody is entitled to their opinion but he'll probably end up as the most successful fraud in football history. If you believe his detractors that is. I do laugh when people say he inherited the best team in the world when he was appointed Barcelona boss. He would have become Manchester United manager in 2008 if he inherited the best team in the world.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Klopps achievements are far more impressive.

If Big Sam had de Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, de Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Kompany, etc etc etc I’m sure he’d rack up 14 trophies

As for what he “achieved” at Bayern, they have it easier than Celtic

And he shaves his head to make it look like his choice to be bald

+Drug convictions

Fraud
Not sure if this post is serious or just trolling

SER19

Cashiolas recruitment has been really poor. Its the work he's done with existing players that has stood by him but my god his defensive signings in particular have been abysmal.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He wont be sacked but I cant see him being City manager past this campaign.

dove

Not getting sacked but I can see him taking another sabbatical maybe even as soon as after this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think this is his last season at City.

His methods seem to wear out on the players during his 4th season.

His 4th season at Barcelona was also rather similar.

Not sure where he'd go though.

cyberman

The quality has fallen off a cliff and Pep cant seem to stem the tide.

Djemba-Djemba

City look like they need a bit of a refresh and Guardiola has never had to do that at any club so far.

Think there's a decent chance he'll be gone in the summer.