'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
noun
1. a disastrous collapse or breakdown.
"the global financial system suffered a major meltdown"

an accident in a nuclear reactor in which the fuel overheats and melts the reactor core or shielding.
I’m not sure how that helps your point, but that thanks for the info.
I wonder if it’s only had its current meaning since the advent of nuclear technology.

Djemba-Djemba

Xavi and Iniesta had already won La Liga in 2005, La Liga and the Champions League in 2006 and then the Euros with Spain in 2008 by the time Guardiola took over.

You can argue they were even better under him but let's not try and argue they were two no marks or that nobody really rated them before he became manager.

If you take over a team with Iniesta, Xavi, Etoo, Puyol, Henry and Messi you've got a pretty good setup to be successful I'd say.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
So Pep is going nowhere, as expected. If you ever wondered from where did Jose Mourinho bring his famous "siege mentality" it is from his days at Barcelona. They always had this inferiority complex to Madrid and this mentality helped them to shape their ways to be successful. Pep is a Barcelona man through and through and the whole situation now at City fits him as a glove. He will thrive in it, not escape from it as many of you thought he would..

Last edited:

Gazza

So Pep is going nowhere, as expected. If you ever wondered from where did Jose Mourinho bring his famous "siege mentality" it is from his days at Barcelona. They always had this inferiority complex to Madrid and this mentality helped them to shape their ways to be successful. Pep is a Barcelona man through and through and the whole situation now at City fits him as a glove. He will thrive in it, not escape from it as many of you thought he would..
I mean, nobody doubted that Pep says one thing in public and does the other, and that he is happy to exchange some of his morals for money, it's hardly a badge of honor for him to wear.

MoskvaRed

No Champions League trophies (and just one final) at Bayern and City over 10 years is a poor look. If he takes on a genuine challenge next like Milan and succeeds then he’ll gain respect. Otherwise, he’ll look like the guy who inherited Messi and then had loaded dice in Munich and Manchester. To put his career into perspective (CL wins with Messi in 09 and 11, now 12 years ago) Fergie won his first European trophy in 83 (with Aberdeen!), then 91 (the first post-Heysel trophy for English clubs) then 99 (the first CL win for English clubs) then 08. Chalk and cheese.

Loon

:lol:
Well alright then. If City get dipped, he has the chance to win Championship trophies too. And honestly.

Tyrion

I mean, nobody doubted that Pep says one thing in public and does the other, and that he is happy to exchange some of his morals for money, it's hardly a badge of honor for him to wear.
I remember when he wore some badge protesting the treatment of pro-Catalan independence politicians in Spain a couple of years back and when someone pointed out to him the contradiction in doing that while managing City, he basically said "well different cultures, different rules". I'm sure Spanish politicians would say their rules are fine then if that's Peps logic. Peps always been a hypocrite. No more than Jose but still a hypocrite.

Tyrion

Sad to see Pep having a full on meltdown really

He’s a legendary manager making himself look a complete idiot.

Another think to thank City for!
Did he realy say CAS proved them innocent? It didnt. It found some accusations were time-barred (partly because City dragged it out so long, for which they were fined) and some were unproven. They were never found innocent.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
No Champions League trophies (and just one final) at Bayern and City over 10 years is a poor look. If he takes on a genuine challenge next like Milan and succeeds then he’ll gain respect. .
He is very well respected in the football world by all the important people(legends of football, current top players, and commentators), which i assume it's what matters to him.

I don't think that being respected by nobodies from social media means anything to him, or any other famous person with common sense.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He says city were proved innocent with uefa, but they weren't. They were punished and had to pay a fine, so they were guilty. Plus the other charges were dropped due to some time barring bullshit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He says city were proved innocent with uefa, but they weren't. They were punished and had to pay a fine, so they were guilty. Plus the other charges were dropped due to some time barring bullshit.
I wonder if the rich view paying fines as not being guilty but just a tax

cyberman

Hard for anybody to say he didn’t know what was going on when he’s out defending them like this.
He’s lying either way

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bit of revisionism here. It was pretty obvious by 2008 how good they were, Xavi won player of the tournament at the Euros and Iniesta was top 10 in Ballon D'or voting that year. Then you had Messi who was patently a once in a generation talent about to enter his peak. Eto'o was one of the best strikers in the world.

He made them an incredible team, dont get me wrong. But they were Champions League semi finalists the year before, and winners 2 years before that, albeit with some key players from 2006 needing to be phased out
Xavi was about to be shipped out by Barcelona before Pep joined for being too small after Pep Xavi is being discussed among the Goats of midfield. Same with Iniesta and Busquets they are now being discussed among the greatest in their position

ti vu

He’s a weirdo
:houllier:

So he's defending his boss for the period he was not even their manager?

Sound like he's really rattled and being on full defensive mode.

Infestissumam

you think it can't possibly get any more pathetic and then he goes full martyr like that :lol:

what an insufferable cnut.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Anyone else getting big Rafa Benitez 'facts' vibes from all this?

Pep looks like he hasn't slept in a week. Cracks are definitely appearing. Hahaha

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If I had to rank Premier League managers on how likely I would be to go for a pint with then... Pep would be near the bottom.

cyberman

If I had to rank Premier League managers on how likely I would be to go for a pint with then... Pep would be near the bottom.
He’s clearly a coke head who would spend the night downing vodka and red bulls who ends up getting everyone involved in a barney before fecking off home

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He’s clearly a coke head who would spend the night downing vodka and red bulls who ends up getting everyone involved in a barney before fecking off home
He definitely doesn't bring his own charlie either. "More than you can believe."

jm99

:houllier:

So he's defending his boss for the period he was not even their manager?

Sound like he's really rattled and being on full defensive mode.
Pep's always had this side to him, it's just the clubs he's managed have usually done well enough to avoid him totally cracking but its always been there bubbling under the surface

Gazza

Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho... all won multiple PL titles and had discernible personality, in different ways. Pep is enormously successful and a football great, but he isn't fun or interesting to listen to, imo.