'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Member 101269

In that case he would not be jumping ship, he would be jumping from a burning helicopter to a sinking boat.
That depends on what happens to city re any penalty, would he stay to find out? He's agent, if my memory is correct, has already muted he'd go back

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Perfect escape reason for Pep now.

Unless he's known about this for a long while which is why they look well off this year

Nogbadthebad

I reckon he was going to bale on them at the end of the season anyway, but I'm certain he will now.

Maybe earlier, if the heat about the financial fraud starts to singe the edges of his well-manicured image.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Perfect escape reason for Pep now.

Unless he's known about this for a long while which is why they look well off this year
I get the feeling they absolutely knew this was coming but he's still listening to those saying "We're not guilty, you'll see" so will stick around till after the independant hearing and whatever appeals. He's too close to Soriano not to.

Linkage

I reckon he was going to bale on them at the end of the season anyway, but I'm certain he will now.

Maybe earlier, if the heat about the financial fraud starts to singe the edges of his well-manicured image.
Is he any good at golf?

Loon

:lol:
His claim he knows nothing about City’s finances is ridiculous. Everyone thought it was dodgy even on the outside.

Real Name

My parents did nothing wrong, they told me, I believe them although they always buy me ton of expensive stuff.

He basically sounds like that.

AndySmith1990

My parents did nothing wrong, they told me, I believe them although they always buy me ton of expensive stuff.

Imagine being naive enough to think a club that has been relevant for only a few years and struggles to fill it's shitty plastic stadium, has greater revenue than behemoths like Real, Barca and United, and all the money he's been spending is completely clean and above board. But I guess it'll be easy for him to feign ignorance and walk away from the mess when shit hits the fan and that club sinks

Tarrou

It would be strange if they paid Mancini that way and didn’t at least try with other managers and players too

he knows

Djemba-Djemba

He's a mob wife. He's Carmella Soprano.

He knows where the money comes from but he pretends he doesn't know so he can tell himself he's not complicit in the cheating.

Real Name

He's a mob wife. He's Carmella Soprano.

He knows where the money comes from but he pretends he doesn't know so he can tell himself he's not complicit in the cheating.
Haha, yes, that's a great analogy. His legacy will surely be tainted too.

cyberman

It would be strange if they paid Mancini that way and didn’t at least try with other managers and players too

he knows
He’ll be gone this summer and won’t answer another City related question ever again.
Dragging this out doesn’t help City, they’re stuck in limbo now and people will just want to get as far away from it as possible.

Real Name

I have just improved the quality of the forum by getting rid of you. You're welcome.
He's a Juventus fan.
Irony is strong, just too strong. :lol:

Dodgy as hell, stripped points, 10th in the league and constantly taking players who are out of contract.

Infestissumam

I find it pretty hilarious that media outlets also point to the "if they lie to me I'm gone" clip. Are they really that naive, thinking that Pep is so naive? There's just no way he doesn't know what's going on. We've all seen what thy did with Mancini.

jm99

I find it pretty hilarious that media outlets also point to the "if they lie to me I'm gone" clip. Are they really that naive, thinking that Pep is so naive? There's just no way he doesn't know what's going on. We've all seen what thy did with Mancini.
What pep means, is that if the club faces any sanctions that restrict his being able to use limitless resources, then he's gone, and if it's proved they're guilty that's whatll happen

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s good to remind him of his words

Dansk

He refuses to work with anything less than the best tools money can buy, preferably better than what his competitors have, so he'll skip off to PSG if that advantage is taken from him. He is not a manager who can tolerate a serious challenge. We've already seen what a few years of meaningful competition from Liverpool has done to him, turning him into an absolute weirdo who rants about random things and points accusatory fingers in every direction anytime someone asks him a real question.

He's football's version of the spoiled heir to rich daddy's business, who can function in a position in daddy's company where nobody will put any obstacles in his way but would never even consider working in a place where anything of substance might be expected of him. Pep has never spent a day managing anything less than the best, most expensive squad in the country he's been in, and if ever the easy road to effortless success is taken away from him, he'll be flying out the door in an instant.

This man has built his entire career on the back of coasting to titles with clubs that were already favored to win them, and routinely makes harebrained decisions in big games that showcase the fact that he's not actually all that good at being a manager, he's just good at getting the jobs that hand him success for free.

Last edited:

croadyman

Howe should worry about his job with all the riches that Newcastle have got

Djemba-Djemba

Unless he goes to PSG he's going to struggle to acclimatise wherever he goes next.

He's essentially been playing Fifa on semi pro level difficulty with City.

el3mel

He refuses to work with anything less than the best tools money can buy, preferably better than what his competitors have, so he'll skip off to PSG if that advantage is taken from him. He is not a manager who can tolerate a serious challenge. We've already seen what a few years of meaningful competition from Liverpool has done to him, turning him into an absolute weirdo who rants about random things and points accusatory fingers in every direction anytime someone asks him a real question.

He's football's version of the spoiled heir to rich daddy's business, who can function in a position in daddy's company where nobody will put any obstacles in his way but would never even consider working in a place where anything of substance might be expected of him. Pep has never spent a day managing anything less than the best, most expensive squad in the country he's been in, and if ever the easy road to effortless success is taken away from him, he'll be flying out the door in an instant.

This man has built his entire career on the back of coasting to titles with clubs that were already favored to win them, and routinely makes harebrained decisions in big games that showcase the fact that he's not actually all that good at being a manager, he's just good at getting the jobs that hand him success for free.
Liverpool have really only won one league title off Pep and challenged him for the league twice more, that's about it. You are giving them way too much credit.

Also Pep has always been a weirdo in press conferences. That's not something that just happened now.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

He cheated with City, but he made Barca best team of 21th century.

Before he arrived to Barcelona, nobody though that Xavi e Iniesta would be best midfielders of modern era, or that Barca would be considered by many one of the best teams ever, even with Messi in it...Barca literally lost the league to Real Madrid before Guardiola arrived.

SER19

On his knees, fighting for his middle-eastern Paylords again.

romufc

Unless he goes to PSG he's going to struggle to acclimatise wherever he goes next.

He's essentially been playing Fifa on semi pro level difficulty with City.
There is a reason Pep wont leave City, there is no other club that gives him this.

He has never shown he can work under a budget or build something at a club.

SER19

He cheated with City, but he made Barca best team of 21th century.

Before he arrived to Barcelona, nobody though that Xavi e Iniesta would be best midfielders of modern era, or that Barca would be considered by many one of the best teams ever, even with Messi in it...Barca literally lost the league to Real Madrid before Guardiola arrived.
Bit of revisionism here. It was pretty obvious by 2008 how good they were, Xavi won player of the tournament at the Euros and Iniesta was top 10 in Ballon D'or voting that year. Then you had Messi who was patently a once in a generation talent about to enter his peak. Eto'o was one of the best strikers in the world.

He made them an incredible team, dont get me wrong. But they were Champions League semi finalists the year before, and winners 2 years before that, albeit with some key players from 2006 needing to be phased out

romufc

Bit of revisionism here. It was pretty obvious by 2008 how good they were, Xavi won player of the tournament at the Euros and Iniesta was top 10 in Ballon D'or voting that year. Then you had Messi who was patently a once in a generation talent about to enter his peak. Eto'o was one of the best strikers in the world.

He made them an incredible team, dont get me wrong. But they were Champions League semi finalists the year before, and winners 2 years before that, albeit with some key players from 2006 needing to be phased out
Yep, alot of people forget this. Its as if Pep came in and turned average players into World class players.

What he did with that Barca team was incredible but people who think Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Abidal were never heard of clearly lack some football knowledge.

Messi was giving us a hard time in the semi final in 08, I remember that skill he done to Scholes near the corner flag.

SER19

Yep, alot of people forget this. Its as if Pep came in and turned average players into World class players.

What he did with that Barca team was incredible but people who think Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Abidal were never heard of clearly lack some football knowledge.

Messi was giving us a hard time in the semi final in 08, I remember that skill he done to Scholes near the corner flag.
Yes out of the midfielders, Busquets is the one he should get credit for in that he had faith in him and he was integral to their success. Again, he exceeded expectations of anybody taking over that job, but the remit would very much have been to win leagues and compete for champions leagues, they weren't exactly flailing in the wilderness before his appointment.

romufc

Yes out of the midfielders, Busquets is the one he should get credit for in that he had faith in him and he was integral to their success. Again, he exceeded expectations of anybody taking over that job, but the remit would very much have been to win leagues and compete for champions leagues, they weren't exactly flailing in the wilderness before his appointment.
Yep Busquets was one he managed in the Barca B team. Its not like he was taking a team where they were failing miserably like you say.

Pep knows what he is good at and there are only a handful clubs that can offer him the tools. He has been to Germany, Spain and England, so PSG is his only other option left.

He isnt like a Klopp where he can take a team from nothing into a powerhouse. Its like Dyche and other coaches, they are good at a certain role, they are good with the right tools.

This is why I need to see Pep try and take a role where the team he is taking over is not favourite to win the league / CL.

jm99

Yep, anyone who saw them play us at old Trafford in the 07/08 semi finals knew how strong a team it was, they were clearly dysfunctional and in need of managerial change but they were an unbelievably talented side

TheReligion

Abusive
Sad to see Pep having a full on meltdown really

He’s a legendary manager making himself look a complete idiot.

Another think to thank City for!