'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

RedChisel

I'm really bored of the **** of Pep. You'd think he invented football and hasn't always had squads stacked with talent the way people go on about him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think he has a bet with someone to see how much bollocks he can chat and get away with.

Next he will be saying he thinks Arsenal will win the league one day and that Chris Wood is the most complete centre forward in the last 50 years.

Man is a grade a wum.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Kill them with kindness. Sometimes he says shit just to put pressure on future rivals.

Siorac

A great manager once said that Phil Jones could be Manchester United's best ever player.

Von Mistelroum

Honestly haven't been able to stand him since Barca days. He just seems to be an insufferable prick.

Ludens the Red

No he isn't. He's had the best opportunities in football management. Look what happened to Ancelotti. He took on a normal club in Everton, realised he didn't have all the cheat codes and suddenly looked very average. So what did he do, returned back to Real Madrid and normal service resumed. The guy's a fraud employed a fraudulent club.
Nah he is man. I echo @Zen86 in that he’s massively disingenuous and insecure. He’s a gigantic hypocrite and is not this good guy he presents as he’s been complicit in Man City’s blatant cheating for years … but give the guy 11 very good footballers and nobody touches him right now. Ancelotti has had equally exceptional players down the years and he’s he’s won the CL a few times but his teams have never been as dominant and cold as city are. Just think about over the years how many massive players have left city and within a year you forget they’ve even gone. Which manager does that remind you of….

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Because he's a bald fecking cnut fraud who reckons he's a bauhaus-era visionary architect modelling the new fecking revolution in design with his cnut turtlenecks and shit fecking cnut stubble and gnomic utterances trying to sound like a weimar-era walter gropius when he's actually just a fecking corrupt bald cnut fraud who's the public face of a tinpot blood-soaked regressive cnut oil sportswashing regime.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I find it weird that there are more threads on Guardiola here on Redcafe than on BM currently.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
@adexkola in 5…..4……
Nope. Nope.

Honestly if you hadn't @'ed me, I wouldn't have entered this thread.

I'm at a point in my Caf life where I don't see the utility in entering arguments that only happen on the internet, and nowhere in real life (amongst people with actual knowledge/pedigree who aren't wumming). The Pep "debate" is amongst these arguments IMO. Along with the idea of climate change being an "actual debate".

If I ever utter another word on this forum speaking favorably on Pep's credentials, please point me towards this post and I'll shut the feck up.

Cheers mate :D

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The b-a-l-d f-r-a-u-d's at it again. Now De Zerbi is one of the most influential managers of the last two decades. Before that Phil Foden was the best player he has ever worked with. Phil Foden!! And the poor guy wasn't even starting for City at the time.

Why does this guy have to over-egg everything? Between him and Lego Pep, I'm not sure who's worse. But they're both really nauseating.

It’s a product of everyone fawning over him and making out he’s reinventing football and also being able to get away with whatever at City.

Say if City had been made to follow FFP like everyone else over the last 10 years, Guardiola wouldn’t be in this situation. Without City’s cheating, Klopp would probably be regarded just above Guardiola and then you’d have things like Arsenal would probably have won this PL etc.

All these things combined together and added to the fact that Guardiola is quite blatantly just a bit of a tosser also equal the weird behaviour.

I remember when he ran onto the pitch and started shouting at an opposition player, Nathan Redmond, because he wanted Redmond to play in a different way against him, and just thinking this guy is a wild egomaniac and utter wanker.

Now that ego is completely unchecked and doesn’t even need to follow the same rules as other teams - as happened with Barcelona…

Here’s the Redmond weirdness…

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Saying he wants the charges dealt with as soon as possible. Just speak to your bosses mate, and get them to cooperate.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Saying he wants the charges dealt with as soon as possible. Just speak to your bosses mate, and get them to cooperate.
Exactly, it’s their own lawyers dragging it out I’d have thought

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t even know why this thread got made. Pep ain’t ever getting sacked. If he leaves it’s because he walks.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Don’t even know why this thread got made. Pep ain’t ever getting sacked. If he leaves it’s because he walks.
The sack you're referring to is his nut sack. We love to watch a pair of balls on this forum.

Revan

Assumptionman
Because the overall success of the City team is so high, people see a lot more tolerant of what is success v not.

Alvarez for example has been a real bit part player. If he'd done similar here, there's no way that'd rank as success.
Grealish for a 100m player has hardly been a world beater either.
To be fair, he was brought as a bit-part player, a player who can play when City wants to rest Haaland. A bit like Chicharito for us more than a decade ago.

Irwin99

That's just demonstrably untrue.
He does come across as very insincere and sarcastic; "Harry Maguire is so fast" :lol:

He's never been someone that's really impressed me, even though he's undoubtedly a top manager. It doesn't help that he seemingly always picks the easiest jobs to demonstrate what an amazing manager he is, whereas someone like Klopp has rebuilt a club that hadn't won a league in 30 years (and his work with Dortmund), or Jose winning champions leagues with Porto and Inter, and leading Roma to two European finals. Pep's a fantastic manager but he's just not very likable even in a begrudging way.

Siorac

or Jose winning champions leagues with Porto and Inter
I'm not sure why Inter is always brought up as some sort of underdog with whom it was a great triumph to win the Champions League. That team was absolutely fecking stacked with talent. One of Diego Milito's legs would probably be an improvement for United in the number nine position and Samuel Eto'o on top of it. As well as the rest of Diego Milito, obviously. The Sneijder, Cambiasso, Motta midfield was really second only to Barcelona's at the time, Lucio-Samuel was an immense CB pairing and Maicon was one of the best right-backs in the world, alongside probably Dani Alves and Lahm (though he had mostly played left-back until that season). Also, Zanetti - the man played in about 12 different positions equally effectively.

Mourinho did a great job there, no doubt, but that was a very strong team, not some plucky underdog.

Irwin99

I'm not sure why Inter is always brought up as some sort of underdog with whom it was a great triumph to win the Champions League. That team was absolutely fecking stacked with talent. One of Diego Milito's legs would probably be an improvement for United in the number nine position and Samuel Eto'o on top of it. As well as the rest of Diego Milito, obviously. The Sneijder, Cambiasso, Motta midfield was really second only to Barcelona's at the time, Lucio-Samuel was an immense CB pairing and Maicon was one of the best right-backs in the world, alongside probably Dani Alves and Lahm (though he had mostly played left-back until that season). Also, Zanetti - the man played in about 12 different positions equally effectively.

Mourinho did a great job there, no doubt, but that was a very strong team, not some plucky underdog.
I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected but I always saw them as living in the shadow of Ac Milan in terms of the European cup/Champions Leagues successes (although Juve themselves have only won two i believe) and that was a big weight off the clubs back to win it again. Not a plucky underdog by any means but would you say they were a colossal giant with infinite money? Didn't they sell Ibra before the treble season and reinvest the money? Again, happy to see evidence to the contrary, maybe i'm remembering wrong. I thought our home performance against them in 08-09 was shite and we still beat them 2-0.

My point still stands on his achievements with Porto and Inter, and Klopp's with Dormund and Liverpool ;)

Siorac

I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected but I always saw them as living in the shadow of Ac Milan in terms of the European cup/Champions Leagues successes (although Juve themselves have only won two i believe) and that was a big weight off the clubs back to win it again. Not a plucky underdog by any means but would you say they were a colossal giant with infinite money? Didn't they sell Ibra before the treble season and reinvest the money? Again, happy to see evidence to the contrary, maybe i'm remembering wrong. I thought our home performance against them in 08-09 was shite and we still beat them 2-0.

My point still stands on his achievements with Porto and Inter, and Klopp's with Dormund and Liverpool ;)
No, they did sell Ibrahimovic - which proved to be a great move - and it's true that pre-Calciopoli, they were known as a player graveyard: they were always big spenders and rarely achieved anything since their glory days in the 60s.

But at that time, when Mourinho joined, they were utterly dominant in Italy following the Calciopoli scandal and they assembled a pretty great squad. It wasn't much different to Guardiola going to Bayern, for example. It isn't comparable to what Klopp did at Dortmund and Liverpool, or what Mourinho himself achieved at Porto.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Hardly not a good enough reason for ditching it either. The usual consistency or should I say inconsistency. But we move.
Not really. At that point we had three Pep threads on the first page of the football forum, which is excessive. We try and merge duplicate threads but loads are posted every day, so some obviously slip through the net. Please do report ones you don't like.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
No, they did sell Ibrahimovic - which proved to be a great move - and it's true that pre-Calciopoli, they were known as a player graveyard: they were always big spenders and rarely achieved anything since their glory days in the 60s.

But at that time, when Mourinho joined, they were utterly dominant in Italy following the Calciopoli scandal and they assembled a pretty great squad. It wasn't much different to Guardiola going to Bayern, for example. It isn't comparable to what Klopp did at Dortmund and Liverpool, or what Mourinho himself achieved at Porto.
Inter before 2010 Mourinho and Bayern before Guardiola were nothing alike.
Inter had a supremacy in Italy due to Calciopoli but if you look at the Champions League it's night and day to measure their quality.

Before the 2010 Mourinho win Inter in the Champions League had reached:

2009: Last 16 (with Mourinho)
2008: Last 16
2007: Last 16
2006: Quarter-finals (Calciopoli happened in 2006 so Inter didn't benefit from it in this season)

Before Guardiola took over Bayern the club had reached in the Champions League:

2013: Final (won) - treble winning team
2012: Final
2011: Last 16
2010: Final (lost to Mourinho's 2010 Inter)

padr81

Supports
Man City
Inter before 2010 Mourinho and Bayern before Guardiola were nothing alike.
Inter had a supremacy in Italy due to Calciopoli but if you look at the Champions League it's night and day to measure their quality.

Before the 2010 Mourinho win Inter in the Champions League had reached:

2009: Last 16 (with Mourinho)
2008: Last 16
2007: Last 16
2006: Quarter-finals (Calciopoli happened in 2006 so Inter didn't benefit from it in this season)

Before Guardiola took over Bayern the club had reached in the Champions League:

2013: Final (won) - treble winning team
2012: Final
2011: Last 16
2010: Final (lost to Mourinho's 2010 Inter)
Aye but Mancini was moved on because Inter were completely underperforming in the CL (a trait he took to City funny enough).
They were consistently among the faves and bottled it hard so Moratti went all out for Jose. In fact Inters underperforming was so bad Mancini threatened to resign after they lost to Liverpool if I recall correctly.
Inter were no CL novices, I believe the season Jose won it, only Barca, United and Chelsea were more fancied by the bookies, this despite being drawn in the same group as Barca.

Still a great achievement mind and a tougher job than Pep's at Bayern.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aye but Mancini was moved on because Inter were completely underperforming in the CL (a trait he took to City funny enough).
They were consistently among the faves and bottled it hard so Moratti went all out for Jose. In fact Inters underperforming was so bad Mancini threatened to resign after they lost to Liverpool if I recall correctly.
Inter were no CL novices, I believe the season Jose won it, only Barca, United and Chelsea were more fancied by the bookies, this despite being drawn in the same group as Barca.

Still a great achievement mind and a tougher job than Pep's at Bayern.
More correctly, after they lost 2-0 at Anfield and were facing down another R16 elimination Moratti contacted Mourinho and Mancini found out and went public with it. Last 3 months of the season were like City's last season under Pellegrini, except Inter found themselves very much in a tight title race(Ibrahimovic coming back from a long injury to win them the title literally on one leg in Parma in the final game of the season)

You are correct though that Inter were not underdogs in the typical sense, more akin to, say, Real Madrid last season

padzilla

Hipster
Pep is the public face of a sportswashing campaign who failed tests for performance enhancing drugs as a player and blamed his doctor. Then later on, when he managed Barcelona he rehired that doctor.

Then when that doctor was imprisoned the Spanish authorities stepped in and deliberately hampered the wider investigation. I wonder why that was?

Then when UEFA found City guilty of FFP breaches, and their sentencing was overturned on appeal, Pep demanded apologies from the media.

This was despite the fact that the club paid a 9 million quid fine for the breaches - hardly a sum you would stump up if you had done nothing wrong.

Yes, his teams play attractive football but it's quite clear that he represents the actual dark side of football and I still can't understand why he gets such a free ride from everyone.