'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I kind of like him. Can’t help it. Definitely more likeable than Jose imo.

Walters_19_MuFc

He couldn't do anything Sterling's miss, but even then that would have only drawn the game.

The constant chopping and changing in big games has caused him to lose yet again.

Had he played his 433 system from the start, they'd have probably won.

arthurka

He knows where his bread is buttered. A bit sad that he can’t be fair with his analysis.
Pep took over the CL champions at Bayern and failed, him failing at City isn't all that strange so this guy is an absolute shit house..

Shark

@NotShark
For someone basically working on cheat mode his whole managerial career Pep has been shite. He has been shooting fish in a barrel with a rocket launcher, given the squads he has taken over and the infinite funds at his disposal. Without Messi he has been average.
Spot on.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pep took over the CL champions at Bayern and failed, him failing at City isn't all that strange so this guy is an absolute shit house..
He took over a treble winning team.

If the goal was to repeat the treble, that's an impossible task.

Eddy_JukeZ

Pep has definitely had his fair share of failures in Europe, but people in here are going OTT again.

I saw some say Ole is a better manager(he has ways to go to prove that).

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Barca are going to be in the market for a new manager. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went back there

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
For someone basically working on cheat mode his whole managerial career Pep has been shite. He has been shooting fish in a barrel with a rocket launcher, given the squads he has taken over and the infinite funds at his disposal. Without Messi he has been average.
I’ve never rated him as the genius that he is portrayed as.

Rijkaard did the main transformational heavy lifting at Barcelona as the platform for Pep to exploit with a wonder generation from La Massia. Munich and City as you say are basically FM in cheat mode.

He’s obviously gifted but he has many dependencies and is extremely high maintenance.

Fair play though - he has the top clubs In the world fighting over him.

Eddy_JukeZ

He wouldn't have won anything since then if he didn't keep finding himself in one horse race leagues or at clubs with unlimited funds.
That's a massive exaggeration.

People in here act like Pep's the only one who's managed teams with money to spend.

Was the 2018-2019 Premier League title race a 1 horse league?

Pep isn't the only manager who's managed Messi either.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Barca are going to be in the market for a new manager. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went back there
He has zero experience or interest in transformation projects. He is the epitome of the cheque book manager.
Also ZZ and Madrid are way ahead.

Eddy_JukeZ

I’ve never rated him as the genius that he is portrayed as.

Rijkaard did the main transformational heavy lifting at Barcelona as the platform for Pep to exploit with a wonder generation from La Massia. Munich and City as you say are basically FM in cheat mode.

He’s obviously gifted but he has many dependencies and is extremely high maintenance.

Fair play though - he has the top clubs In the world fighting over him.
That is definitely not true.

It's easy to say with hindsight, but Barcelona were not in good shape when Pep took over.

crossy1686

career ending

People in here act like Pep's the only one who's managed teams with money to spend.

Messi is the best player ever but that squad were immense, Fergie was lucky to get that class of 92' also. Sometimes the stars aline and a decent manager will go far with the group.

Pep's been lucky enough to have a DOF with him a City, he knows what Pep wants and Pep gets what he wants. He'd have failed big time otherwise.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Doubt he'd be interested in the rebuild, he would ask for a lot of money then there's phasing out the old guard and Messi's inevitable departure to deal with, then there's protecting his rep and legacy what if it doesn't work out? etc He's joined teams City, Bayern when they were on the up not on the decline. How many successful managers have gone back for a second time and it's worked out? I can't think of many.

Bojan11

Peps not going to Barca with that board. Maybe if Laporta is back next year then there’s like a small chance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Understandably he looked done in after that game, can imagine he'll be thinking he's taken this group as far as he can

Ace Krampus

The long and the short of it is, here we have a guy who can win league trophies (and I'm sure that the fact that he's had infinite sums of money at his disposal at his last two stops has nothing to do with it) and lacks the tactical nous to make any noise in the CL unless he's coaching the best team of all time.

He'll go back to Barca in 5 years when they've righted the ship, maybe he takes a year off and takes the Juventus job if Pirlo drops the ball. I expect Pep ends up there and PSG before all is said and done.

MetoTTT

No. Barcelona will need a manager for next season only. Xavi will come in 2021-2022 season with the new president. It's all dusted.

cyberman

Messi is the best player ever but that squad were immense, Fergie was lucky to get that class of 92' also. Sometimes the stars aline and a decent manager will go far with the group.

Pep's been lucky enough to have a DOF with him a City, he knows what Pep wants and Pep gets what he wants. He'd have failed big time otherwise.
Balls. Sir Alex reconstructed the youth set up to develop the class of 92 and bring them on as players

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That is definitely not true.
It's easy to say with hindsight, but Barcelona were not in good shape when Pep took over.
Barcelona were so poorly thought of in 2003, that when they put in a bid for David Beckham, all of Europe laughed and thought it was a massive windup; Akin to Arsenal putting in a bid for Neymar in 2020.
That's the level of team Rijkaard inherited and yet he built them into European Champions in 2006.
I remember when Pep was hired, he took over a club who knew how to win the biggest trophies and was rumoured to have the youth generation of a lifetime coming through.
I lived through all those years. Thats what I remember it as and what I think.

cyberman

3 managers have won the CL with Messi in the squad who havent won it elsewhere.

Eddy_JukeZ

This is where we differ.

You think any manager could have done what Pep did with that squad.

I think they maybe win, but they don't win in the manner that Pep did.