'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
The problem here is people like the poster above are basing players ability in 2016 based on their performances since.

There would have been very little people on here that would have took Sterling over Martial after the 15/16 season. Martial was much superior.

el3mel

The problem here is people like the poster above are basing players ability in 2016 based on their performances since.

There would have been very little people on here that would have took Sterling over Martial after the 15/16 season. Martial was much superior.
Exactly. Sterling was an absolute joke among United fans back then for how many chances he misses. Guardiola made him an integral part of a multiple titles winning team.

Anyone who claims Pep's success is due to money and inheriting great players is just bitter at the moment due to watching him completely dominating English football.

Pep being a genius isn't something up to discussion in 2021. It's a fact.

Last edited:

Flying high

Exactly. Sterling was an absolute joke among United fans back then among United for how many chances he misses. Guardiola made him an integral part of a multiple titles winning team.

Anyone who claims Pep's success is due to money and inheriting great player is just bitter at the moment due to watching him completely dominating English football.

If Pep is such a genius, why is this his first cl final with city? All part of the plan maybe?

He's got the best squad the PL has ever seen. By quite a long way.

el3mel

If Pep is such a genius, why is this his first cl final with city? All part of the plan maybe?

He's got the best squad the PL has ever seen. By quite a long way.
Because CL is a fecking tough competition to win and compete in no matter how many of you try to make it sound easy to just step in and dominate it because you have great team.

The most any manager has ever won CL is 3 times and only 3 managers in history managed such feat. The rest of the best managers in history never managed to win it more than 2.

This reminds me of people saying Fergie underachieved in Europe because he only reached 4 finals and won it 2 times in about 20 years despite United being also the best English side for a lot of time in 2000s. Both are simply arguments coming straight from FIFA and PES video games and not from real football.

Bayern with all their resources and dominant squad reached the final 4 times in last 20 years, and won it only two times during such period.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Managers don't typically go to many CL finals, let alone win them. We've already gone through this.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
And the fact it's taken until this season to finally get centre backs to sort them out back there.
Congratulations to Pep Guardiola for winning two PL titles in a row without having "sorted it out back there," quite an achievement.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Exactly. Sterling was an absolute joke among United fans back then among United for how many chances he misses. Guardiola made him an integral part of a multiple titles winning team.

Anyone who claims Pep's success is due to money and inheriting great player is just bitter at the moment due to watching him completely dominating English football.

This thread is like a Ronaldo v Messi one.
People like yourself are firmly entrenched in the Pep camp, and others of us can't possibly add anything that will make you change your mind.

Sterling being depicted as some sort of mug punter, despite a 50m move from a great time at Liverpool is classic of the mentality.
As if trying to play down how much was in Pep's favour at City, Barcelona and Bayern.

Not sure why people are getting hung up on Sterling either. Probably because they know there is no argument on Kompany, Aguero, D Silva and De Bruyne as being top class players he inherited too, and still the best players he's had there.

I've seen people trying to claim the likes of Messi weren't all that pre Pep too. It's silly.
No-one is saying Pep isn't a top class manager, but he's had huge favours in his way.

TheBreadTruck

Does Pep just keep going with City until he gets the CL trophy with them, assuming they don't win tonight?

el3mel

This thread is like a Ronaldo v Messi one.
People like yourself are firmly entrenched in the Pep camp, and others of us can't possibly add anything that will make you change your mind.

Sterling being depicted as some sort of mug punter, despite a 50m move from a great time at Liverpool is classic of the mentality.
As if trying to play down how much was in Pep's favour at City, Barcelona and Bayern.

I've seen people trying to claim the likes of Messi weren't all that pre Pep too. It's silly.
No-one is saying Pep isn't a top class manager, but he's had huge favours in his way.
No, I don't worship Pep, but I know when to admit a genius is a genius without getting my emotional feeling into it.

Sterling wasn't a bad player back then, but it's also a fact United fans mocked him and such signing back then for how many chances he used to bottle in front of the goal and that he didn't deserve such money to be paid for him. Pep made him an integral part of the team and we're now acting like he was the complete article when Pep got him ?

Bayern was really the only team Pep walked in and they were completely dominating their league and he didn't manage more with it. I don't think anyone disagrees, and even Pep said he had no problem with people treating this period as a failure for not winning CL, but as others pointed out, City weren't dominating the league before he managed them to the current degree and Barce weren't either.

The last season for Barca before Pep got the job they finished 3rd in the league with 67 points and 18 whole points away from top spot. They got humiliated by Madrid 4-1 at the end of the season. They reached CL semi facing Celtic and Schalke, and we all saw them against us in the semis, they were completely toothless in Old Trafford.

Pep took this team to win 6 trophies the next season and dominate European football. There's no point really arguing that he revolutionized Barca and his emergence on the scene revolutionized football and led to the emergence of many managers who wanted to adapt the high pressing, possession system.

So yeah, we can talk all we want about the money and great players but arguing that Pep isn't a genius in 2021 is really bizarre and just as I said, comes out of bitterness from all his success and they way he dominated English football.

To me after Fergie retired I thought I would never see an English side managing to dominate English football in such feat again, but here we are.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Really can't understand why this thread title still stands.
Because the internet is the only place where there is a significant group of people that believe that Pep Guardiola is a fraud, going against real-world testimonies from Pep's past/current players, other players, opposition managers, club chairmen...

Kind of hard to deduce who may be right though, it's a tough one.

The Firestarter

Because the internet is the only place where there is a significant group of people that believe that Pep Guardiola is a fraud, going against real-world testimonies from Pep's past/current players, other players, opposition managers, club chairmen...

I feel sorry for anyone who is that bitter. Can't be good for your mental health. I don't particularly like Guardiola, but it is beyond debate that he simply is the best active manager and one of the greatest of all time. Claiming otherwise would be like insisting Newton was not one of the greatest physicists, because he was rich and high-born.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
This reminds me of people saying Fergie underachieved in Europe because he only reached 4 finals and won it 2 times in about 20 years despite United being also the best English side for a lot of time in 2000s. Both are simply arguments coming straight from FIFA and PES video games and not from real football.
Obviously according to poster Flying High, SAF is far from a genius as well, well actually no managers are geniuses except for maybe Zidane.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He has to take the blame for the tactics. Why he chose to drop Rodri/Fernandinho now, I’m not sure. Especially since neither Bernardo & Sterling were playing well that you could say they’re undroppable.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Strange selection honestly. He didn't play Sterling who has been off form in Dortmund & PSG games but chose to start him in final. Benched a DM for the first time as well. I never understand what in his mind.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's done it again. Every time he gets close, does some mad tactical change and loses.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Excellent manager. But should employ someone else to pick his team in big games. Or, employ someone to slap him every time he tries something like this.

flappyjay

Strange selection honestly. He didn't play Sterling who has been off form in Dortmund & PSG games but chose to start him in final. Benched a DM for the first time as well. I never understand what in his mind.
He has been over thinking it in the ucl since he left Barcelona.

Olecurls99

Ha ha ha ridiculous

Great work Pep. Still no Champions League without Messi.

Last edited:

Zen86

He’ll be back with another £200m worth of players next season. And who knows, maybe even Messi.

Olecurls99

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Zoo

The media are so up his arse. Look he’s a fantastic manager but over a decade without winning this and with the teams he has been in charge of is really quite poor.

Stormpetrel

I don't know why he's playing De Bruyne up front and his most regular goalscorer sitting at DM when he has better DMs on the bench

Sweet Square

Spent 85 minutes trying to score a fifa goal and then booted it into the box in desperation.

Very weird final from Pep. Certain managers really do have his number.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think Pep has to take the blame for the first half, where they even got lucky that Werner ruined like two or three good attacks.

Zoo

Chin up.