'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

SeanyC

Money doesn’t buy you everything it seems, now I hope Real win it…I’ll be a happy man

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Great manager but yet to win the CL without a certain peak GOAT in his team, and that too with two super teams.

Castia

Gotta wonder where his head will be if Liverpool pip them to the title

I always thought he’d just feck off unexpectedly one summer. Could be this year.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can't blame Pep for this, too many players shit the bed tonight. Laporte, Ederson were a borderline disgrace. Walker and Dias really poor and KDB absolutely atrocious. One time he can't be blamed for overthinking, played the right players, made the right subs, his bunch of players just completely shat themselves. Of all the seasons this one is the one that's least on him.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Can't blame Pep for this, too many players shit the bed tonight. Laporte, Ederson were a borderline disgrace. Walker and Dias really poor and KDB atrocious. One time he can't be blamed for overthinking, played the right players, made the right subs, his bunch of players just completely shat themselves. Whatever about every other season this one is the one thats least on him.
I don't think yanking Mahrez and Jesus in a game that could go to ET was the right call. They have been your best attacking players in recent past.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Can't blame Pep for this, too many players shit the bed tonight. Laporte, Ederson were a borderline disgrace. Walker and Dias really poor and KDB absolutely atrocious. One time he can't be blamed for overthinking, played the right players, made the right subs, his bunch of players just completely shat themselves. Of all the seasons this one is the one that's least on him.
This pretty much, did nothing wrong both legs.

mu4c_20le

Around the 108th minute, the moment the soul leaves the body

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Anyone blaming Pep for tonight's defeat is being ridiculous. He's had his faults in the past, but tonight is all on the players.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Aye, not it's like he went full Big Sam hoofing it for the last 30 minutes with 2 DM on the pitch.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't think yanking Mahrez and Jesus in a game that could go to ET was the right call. They have been your best attacking players in recent past.
Mahrez had a goal threat was terrible beside and Jesus was poor. Mahrez also wasn't helping out with Vinicius, so once Walker went off and Cancelo couldn't match him for pace he needed help. I can live with the subs today, it wasn't Pep trying any kind of crazy outside the box Pep like thing. He put on 2 DM's and put Bernardo out right with a 2 goal lead and not a huge amount of time to play. He got screwed by his GK and CB's today.

Truth be told had Vini taken his chances 2nd half before the changes, those 2 late goals would have seen Madrid win 4-1 in normal time. He plugged that hole.

Camilo

Had the best side in Europe for years and still can't win it. 11 years and counting.
He builds some of the best teams, he doesn't just have them....but at City he's had children playing. There's no leadership or character in the City team, it's all Pep. It's amazing how well they do tbh. Maybe should've done better with Bayern, but can't fault his time at City.

SER19

6 goals conceded over 2 legs. Just didn't know how to stop Real

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
Maybe it's hindsight, but subbing De Bruyne, even when he was poor, is a mistake. You never take of big goal scorers in these type of games. Also, Jesus is in really good form, so his sub was also kind of puzzling.
You don't need the above players to beat Newcastle.

Irwin99

Just needs another 200 million to spend and he'll get there eventually

Marwood

He builds some of the best teams, he doesn't just have them....but at City he's had children playing. There's no leadership or character in the City team, it's all Pep. It's amazing how well they do tbh. Maybe should've done better with Bayern, but can't fault his time at City.
He should have bought some leaders then.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
A manager should also give his players confidence to deal with such situations. But Pep's approach to managing really seems not very effective at doing this. Great teams to steamroll weaker teams, but rarely up for a true cup fight.

Real is the total opposite at the moment, shit team (for their standards), but they just know that they can always win and how to pull it off.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think it’s down to Pep this time. He didn’t overthink it.

SER19

6 years of absolutely everything he could possibly want or need being given to him on a plate. If somebody said when he signed that he wouldnt have a cl until 2023 at earliest, and would spend a billion, i think most wouldn't have believed it. 12 years without a CL despite cherry picking jobs, bayern won it before and after him for example.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Generally I think describing something as a bottle-job is super-lazy analysis, usually levelled by people who lack the ability to identify the material causes behind a result, who then resort to pointing to personality factors that can't actually be demonstrated, analysed or disproven in any way.

This was a hell of a bottle job though. :lol:

Which I guess is more on the players than him. At least he didn't actively sabotage them this time.

padr81

Supports
Man City
A manager should also give his players confidence to deal with such situations. But Pep's approach to managing really seems not very effective at doing this. Great teams to steamroll weaker teams, but rarely up for a true cup fight.

Real is the total opposite at the moment, shit team (for their standards), but they just know that they can always win and how to pull it off.
Thats more than a manager thing in my opinion, its a Real Madrid thing in the CL, like Liverpool at Anfield. Its a club thing, a history thing and dare I say a support thing. Had we Liverpool/Real like support in the 1st leg this is a dead rubber. But we don't theres a nervousness and tension about the club that has ran across 3 managers in the CL.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Maybe it's hindsight, but subbing De Bruyne, even when he was poor, is a mistake. You never take of big goal scorers in these type of games. Also, Jesus is in really good form, so his sub was also kind of puzzling.
You don't need the above players to beat Newcastle.
I don't think Newcastle was anything to do with it. Those 2 were poor, Gundogan was excellent when he came on, much better than KDB. He gets a pass for me today. The team not so much.

cyberman

I don’t think it’s down to Pep this time. He didn’t overthink it.
They conceded 6 goals in 2 games, 3 in each leg! This is after Atleico having a man down nearly doing the exact same thing to them in the last tie.
Pep cant set up defences in the Cl consistently through a campaign. Its stupidly clear at this point

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Thats more than a manager thing in my opinion, its a Real Madrid thing in the CL, like Liverpool at Anfield. Its a club thing, a history thing and dare I say a support thing. Had we Liverpool/Real like support in the 1st leg this is a dead rubber. But we don't theres a nervousness and tension about the club that has ran across 3 managers in the CL.
I'm not sure about that. I had the same feeling about Pep's Bayern compared to Heynckes' Bayern before - same club, mostly the same squad, yet the difference was there. They became better at destroying cannon fodder, but lacked the edge in the big CL games.

SeanyC

I truly believe that next season is his last chance of winning it, he will leave if he doesn’t or possibly sacked! City like PSG are desperate to win it. He’s been given everything he practically wants and the ground to make it happen but nothing to show for it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's undoubtedly a historic manager. But he overthinks CL semi finals all the time. Why change tactics? Why go defensive? Your the most dominant team in the world for 5 years now. Yet he shoots himself in the foot again. Did it in Bayern too. It's so hard to be so dominant and reach the semi finals as consistently as he does, yet it's impressive to see him feck up so often.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
A part of him must really hate how soulless and detached City are to footballing history or tradition. They can't buy it all. He also doesn't know how to win the Champions League. He is a league manager and will wrap that up for them more times than not. If the Sheikh want the big one they need a new manager.

Lecland07

Man City will not win the Champions League under Guardiola. They will win it when you don't expect, and under a lesser known manager.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's undoubtedly a historic manager. But he overthinks CL semi finals all the time. Why change tactics? Why go defensive? Your the most dominant team in the world for 5 years now. Yet he shoots himself in the foot again. Did it in Bayern too. It's so hard to be so dominant and reach the semi finals as consistently as he does, yet it's impressive to see him feck up so often.
He didn't change tactics, he simply got outplayed, he only changed tactics when Madrid were missing chances for fun in the 2nd half.