'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
A fall off expected from Manchester City after winning three trophies last season however Pep hasn't helped himself by offloading some important players and not bringing in like for like replacements. Looking at the match stats tonight is what one would expect from a mid table team against Aston Villa.

Need to pick up form soon or it will become a two horse race for the title between Arsenal and Liverpool.
City do usually turn it on after new year. They have the potential to go on long runs. Arsenal was quite far in front last season and blew it. It’s funny seeing city like this though after how cocky they was last season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
why did he sign those 3 players. he spent a fortune on them. nobody blinks at his signings
Because they win? If he was on a 3 year trophyless streak he'd get more scrutiny.

But yes, £129M between the 3. He absolutely should be asked why he put out a team at Villa Park without any midfielders.

Phillips would be fully justified not turning up to training tomorrow, he's treated him disgracefully.
The last time Rodri got suspended, he put Phillips in and he looked pitiful against Newcastle, and that was the end of that :lol: which was harsh. Who knows where Phillips would be right now with a run of games in midfield.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
If he had no intention of trusting anyone apart from Rodri, KDB and Gundo in midfield, I guess selling one of them, losing another to injury and having the third banned for 4 games by December wasn't exactly going to help.
Philips he doesn't trust its obvious, but Kova and Nunes are just returning from injury. Don't think this was a trust issue.

At the end I feel they'll be fine many people are overreacting.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Basically his "genius" only really shines when he has two of the best three players in the world available (Messi + Xavi, KDB + Haaland) + world class players in all positions.

Remove one or the two best players and things start falling apart.

You can win a lot of trophies if you have top players in all positions. And as substitutes. Who would have thought.

But but but he won the league with Bayern. Three times.

cyberman

3 wins in their last 10 domestic games from my count.
I honestly believe it’s just down to a lack of pace that’s being found out. Teams are pushing up and keeping Haaland further away from goal this year and it’s working. He only really scores form cute cut backs etc, his scoring range has narrowed considerably.
Still the best striker in world football though

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
How the fecking hell are we only 3 points behind them? When’s the cnut getting crucified in the press

KeanoMagicHat

Madness to play Stones Akanji Rico Lewis midfield when you’ve Kovacic on the bench. In spite of being a great manager, he makes some truly bizarre decisions every so often.

Fts 74

If we're 3 pts behind them in April, then I'll be happy.

We've seen this before with them, what usually follows is a 15 match winning run Luton up next for a nice starter.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
3 wins in their last 10 domestic games from my count.
I honestly believe it’s just down to a lack of pace that’s being found out. Teams are pushing up and keeping Haaland further away from goal this year and it’s working. He only really scores form cute cut backs etc, his scoring range has narrowed considerably.
Still the best striker in world football though
Kane is better

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

We've seen this before with them, what usually follows is a 15 match winning run Luton up next for a nice starter.
And Arsenal lose to Luton at home, then Sheffield United

the_cliff

This time it's different. All of my City work colleagues say that this season is a write off. They miss Mahrez, Gundo and KDB their 'main' game changers not named Haaland.

RedRocket9908

Dont expect Luton to be a walkover as they are very capable of turning up and giving City a game like they did to Liverpool and Arsenal

RedDevil@84

Meh!! Pep will get his player's ass whooped in training. And then go to the press conference and say they have lost the title and its over. Then will go on a 16 win streak and win the title.

padr81

Supports
Man City
11 points behind Arsenal last season, 10 behind the dippers in 18/19 and he won both times, I wouldn't be so excited for this being the end. People were saying the same thing then.

Just been through a run of Chelsea, Pool, Spurs and Villa, and should have won 3 of the 4 with one horrible performance.
Went to Villa without rodri, kdb, doku, Grealish with Stones, Kovacic, Nunes not being 100% despite being in the squad/team.

Still think he should have taken a chance on Phillips mind, Lewis is desperate when a game is physical.

Luton, Palace, Everton and Sheffield United in the next 4, we'll be right in the mix at Xmas given Arsenal and Liverpool play each other.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

11 points behind Arsenal last season, 10 behind the dippers in 18/19 and he won both times, I wouldn't be so excited for this being the end. People were saying the same thing then.

Just been through a run of Chelsea, Pool, Spurs and Villa, and should have won 3 of the 4 with one horrible performance.
Went to Villa without rodri, kdb, doku, Grealish with Stones, Kovacic, Nunes not being 100% despite being in the squad/team.

Still think he should have taken a chance on Phillips mind, Lewis is desperate when a game is physical.

Luton, Palace, Everton and Sheffield United in the next 4, we'll be right in the mix at Xmas given Arsenal and Liverpool play each other.
Agreed. I think City will go on to win still and effectively void another year of English football top flight history.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
They'll go on a 50 game unbeaten run like they do every season.

antk

:lol: The feck does this even mean? Pep said they were going to win the league this week, now they think they're on the front line, fighting for their lives? I bet that tweet resonated with 6 City fans that read it.
Sep 20, 2009

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Time for another spending spree, Wirtz's price just went up another 15m.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I was just listening to a bit of the football show on 5Live. There's a group of idiots with their tongues so far up Pep's arse they're literally licking the shit out of his bowl.

Pity it's not a phone in, I'd love to ring up and remind his disciples that they cheated to get where they are and if they hadn't cheated, Pep wouldn't be anywhere near that place.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Sadly, he and City completed football last season.

So, while its nice and all that they are doing not so good this season, would rather have them win the next 5 EPL's if they didn't win UCL.

Glowing

About a week back the arrogant fraud had said that his team is going to be the first to win 4 league titles in a row. Serves him right :).

Without superstar players on each positions, he is just an average manager. The real checkbook manager.