Film Perfect actor casting choices

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Sorry if I broke some unwritten internet rule about preferred actor casting. I'm sure if they gave the role to Rowan Atkinson, you'd have waited on his performance too before expressing your opinion.
Didn’t say you broke any rule or even specifically commented on your choice of Pattinson. I just said you made a good point and more commented on how Cranston couldn’t have been seen as perfect casting before he did the role, with hindsight though can’t see anyone else but him doing it. I’ll hold my hand up and say I was initially put off watching Breaking Bad because of the Hal comparison so I too must have broken your supposed unwritten internet rule.

On Atkinson, having seen him play a sort of Spider-Man before, yeah sure I’ll give his Batman a go!

WensleyMU

Steven Ogg as Trevor (GTA V)

I know it's slightly different but this behemoth dwarfs any movie

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Didn’t say you broke any rule or even specifically commented on your choice of Pattinson. I just said you made a good point and more commented on how Cranston couldn’t have been seen as perfect casting before he did the role, with hindsight though can’t see anyone else but him doing it. I’ll hold my hand up and say I was initially put off watching Breaking Bad because of the Hal comparison so I too must have broken your supposed unwritten internet rule.

On Atkinson, having seen him play a sort of Spider-Man before, yeah sure I’ll give his Batman a go!
Oops, dismiss my previous comment then.

Have never seen Malcolm in the Middle so I luckily didn't have that problem.

On Pattinson though, he just physically doesn't look like someone who would be a good Batman. He might be a decent actor but so is Peter Dinklage.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Oops, dismiss my previous comment then.

Have never seen Malcolm in the Middle so I luckily didn't have that problem.

On Pattinson though, he just physically doesn't look like someone who would be a good Batman. He might be a decent actor but so is Peter Dinklage.

This is what Bale physically looked like a few months before shooting Begins.

I don't see how Pattinson looks facially less like Batman than Bale or Keaton, and as for the overall physique, these actors manage to change their appearance shockingly easily with intense training.

Andy_Cole

I actually really liked Hal in Malcom in the middle. Funny enough I started BB because of him not knowing what the show was about. I started it way before anyone was talking about it.

Pattison on the other hand, is probably not liked by the majority of Batman fans due to Twilight. So he has a huge uphill battle.

To be fair probably similar to the Heath Ledger battle when he got casted as joker. As he was mainly known for 10 things I hate about you.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Ricky Tomlinson - The Royle Family
Ben Kingsley - Sexy Beast
Eddie Murphy - Beverly Hills Cop/Coming to America
Paul Hogan - Crocodile Dundee
Jack Nicholson - The Shining/Batman/The Departed

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

This is what Bale physically looked like a few months before shooting Begins.

I don't see how Pattinson looks facially less like Batman than Bale or Keaton, and as for the overall physique, these actors manage to change their appearance shockingly easily with intense training.
Bale starved himself out to lose weight for that role and he doesn't have a 13 year old boys face.

Plus he also shares his last name with the current best football player on the planet so any point you are trying to make is invalid.

I just googled Pattinson's pics to try and make my point and he looks better than I remembered tbf.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tbf, Bale is a total exception to the rule in that he's absolutely mental and will happily starve or scoff himself into the role. He's drastically fluctuated weight a good 4 or 5 times for movies, I think.

With that said, getting beefed up for a role in Hollywood in a short timeframe seems quite easy. Constant gym, nutritionists, and a bit of cheeky juice seems to go a long way. Zac Efron in Baywatch, Jake Gyllenhaal in Southpaw etc. Guys with pretty 'normal' bodies getting pretty shredded quite quickly.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't actually think jackman is all that as wolverine. Looks the part, but fails to really capture the animalistic and unpleasant personality. If Billy Bob Thornton had bulked up for the role, that would be a sight to see.

Excellent actor in general though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Bale starved himself out to lose weight for that role and he doesn't have a 13 year old boys face.

Plus he also shares his last name with the current best football player on the planet so any point you are trying to make is invalid.

I just googled Pattinson's pics to try and make my point and he looks better than I remembered tbf.
:lol:

I like your vibe Vato.

There's moments in Lost city of Z for example where he looks like this:

Hardly a teenager's face.

I'm pretty confident he's going to be great as Batman.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't actually think jackman is all that as wolverine. Looks the part, but fails to really capture the animalistic and unpleasant personality. If Billy Bob Thornton had bulked up for the role, that would be a sight to see.

Excellent actor in general though.
Wolverine in comic books is quite short, Jackman is almost 1.90m, but I don't think there's someone better than him in current spawn of actors.

I'm so used to him, he's almost like Christopher Reeve as Superman type of perfect... from a subjective point of view, of course.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
August Diehl - Inglorious Basterds
Michael Shannon - Man of Steel
Joe Pesci - My Cousin Vinny
Sam Jackson - Pulp Fiction
Barry Newman - Vanishing Point
DeNiro - Godfather

0le

What about Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura?

Ricky Tomlinson - The Royle Family
Ben Kingsley - Sexy Beast
Eddie Murphy - Beverly Hills Cop/Coming to America
Paul Hogan - Crocodile Dundee
Jack Nicholson - The Shining/Batman/The Departed
Good call. I always remember the way he laughs from those films.