Peter Drury

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Drury: Ah, ladies and gentlemen! As the morning sun gleams through the window, casting its golden hues upon the tablecloth, here we are witnessing the most astounding event of the day - the breakfast! The stage is set, the ambiance is electric, and the toast pops up with a thunderous applause!

Wife: Would you like some cereal, dear?

Drury: A mesmerizing symphony of oats and grains cascading into the porcelain arena! The milk enters the battleground, swirling like a whirlpool of creamy delight, embracing the cereal in a gentle yet passionate embrace. Oh, what a culinary ballet this is!

Wife *sips coffee*: How's the coffee Pete?

Drury: Oh, the elixir of life! The aromatic steam rises like the hopes of a team before a crucial match! The first sip, oh, the first sip is like a goal scored in extra time, pure ecstasy coursing through the veins! A symphony of beans harmonizing with the orchestra of taste buds!
Brilliant :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Drury: Ah, ladies and gentlemen! As the morning sun gleams through the window, casting its golden hues upon the tablecloth, here we are witnessing the most astounding event of the day - the breakfast! The stage is set, the ambiance is electric, and the toast pops up with a thunderous applause!

Drury: A mesmerizing symphony of oats and grains cascading into the porcelain arena! The milk enters the battleground, swirling like a whirlpool of creamy delight, embracing the cereal in a gentle yet passionate embrace. Oh, what a culinary ballet this is!

Drury: Oh, the elixir of life! The aromatic steam rises like the hopes of a team before a crucial match! The first sip, oh, the first sip is like a goal scored in extra time, pure ecstasy coursing through the veins! A symphony of beans harmonizing with the orchestra of taste buds!
I want this in my life

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He sounds like someone pretending to be a commentator, rather than the main man with the biggest gigs in the sport. Like if he was in his own workshop he’d tell himself to dial it down because it sounds contrived and inauthentic.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

If that isn’t aided by AI, then fair play - that’s perfect.

Vanrouge

He sounds like some generic suburban English dad. Probably a nice man because he's never been tested. But aside from that and his frequent attempts at lyricism, the thing that annoys me most about him is that when he does that commentator thing of saying the name of the player currently with the ball, he's almost always one player behind in the sequence. Drives me crazy. (Although I wonder if he's been told about that specific thing as I've noticed some improvement recently.)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He’s supposed to blend into the background but tries to grab attention with “clever” wordplay.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Sky should've got Clive Tyldesley to replace Tyler. Clive is still the best commentator around and it isn't even close.

kaku06

So good :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

That is an accurate summation of Drury at his most annoying.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

:lol: ffs this is so good

Frank Grimes

Post of the year contender.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Sky should've got Clive Tyldesley to replace Tyler. Clive is still the best commentator around and it isn't even close.
I agree he’s the best, but from his recent comments re gambling advertising at Talksport, I can’t see him accepting the job at Sky unfortunately. Would’ve loved it if he did though, he’s comfortably the best commentator around.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Maybe this is way off topic but I was wondering; how do the ex players get paid to chime in on the min by min updates on the beeb? Are they paid an annual wage and told they need to work on a set number of games? Or is it game by game? And is it enough to make a living?
Just curious, I’m not an ex player trying to pick up work ;)
Example below.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/67290914

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Excellent.

In my head there’s another line of Wife : “Pete, you’re driving me insane. I’m leaving you”

IRN-BRUno

Maybe this is way off topic but I was wondering; how do the ex players get paid to chime in on the min by min updates on the beeb? Are they paid an annual wage and told they need to work on a set number of games? Or is it game by game? And is it enough to make a living?
Just curious, I’m not an ex player trying to pick up work ;)
Example below.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/67290914
They're doing radio commentary on the game and whoever is updating the page just takes quotes from that.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Finally caught up with the highlights from the city liverpool game. He actually shouted out 'Foden mania' when foden had a shot on goal. I mean, what in the world was that?!

SER19

I know Drury is popular with youtubers and instagrammers who make cringey videos, but I really cant stand him as a commentator.

He's had the occasional good moment but even some of those are on the borderline of cringey pseudo-poetic nonsense.

A more mild annoyance is what exactly compels him to say a player's full name every single time it looks like they might shoot.
..for MO SALAAHH.
..for DARWIN NUNEZZZ...
..for LUIS DIAZZZZ

then the shot hits the first man or dribbles out of play. Ive never heard a commentator so conscious of how the commentary might sound in clips or highlights, always reaching for the dramatic and theatrical. Tyldsley is miles miles better, and there are a couple of regularish commentators whose names I dont know who are better too.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nunez spanners a shot into row Z, Gabriel laughs in his face.

Peter Drury... starts waxing lyrical about biceps.

binary bot
Love to see the amount of shit he has written down for each scenario.

Nero

On the streets of North London they dream a dream.