Peter Schmeichel

Rossa

Schmeichel is arguably the best goalie of all time, certainly up there with the best of them. He had some mistakes but mainly because he was so aggressive and proactive. On the other hand, he scared the living beelzjebub out of attackers. As one attacker once said - I didn't know he was that big before I ran into him. He wasn't the tallest, but he was big and strong, and he wasn't bullied by anyone. Neuer is the closest modern goalie, and he too has his mistakes for being aggressive (without looking it, the stonefaced giant).

VDS was a level below Schmeichel. He made fewer mistakes, but he also did less. He was a better with the ball at his feet, but Schmeichel's throws were something else. VDS was also discussed as the best in the world at one stage, as was DDG. Now we are discussing if DDG is top three in the league... did that ever happen to Schmeichel or VDS?

Santos J

Yeah against European opposition too

Rotor vologard uefa cup a last minute header i believe

Premier league site also lists a goal but can't remember that one

Height listings are pretty wank just look to luke shaw's

David is more like 188 while pete was i guess 191-4 and very heavily built more so then any keeper around

He also used to hug rush attackers which i assume scared them from impact

Attackers have gotten taller a bit but keepers and defenders have really remained the same to be honest neuer who now is considered a big keeper is the same Height
His Prem goal was for Villa vs Everton

Oranges038

Even setting aside all their athleticism and technical goalkeeping skills
For his size Schmeichel was incredibly athletic. The save against Diouf while playing for City at 38/39 is testament to that. Amazing how he was able to get down and up so quickly.

Premier league site also lists a goal but can't remember that one
That one was for Villa.