Peterborough vs. United XI [Preseason Friendly]

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Question for you guys - who do you think will be the better player - Lingard or Cole ?
So far you'd have to say Cole, but I expect they can both become EPL quality players. I'd expect they can at least play for a top half club, if they don't make it here, which they definitely have a shot at doing.

dan_alex

I reckon Blackett could be one of the main reasons why we may not buy a backup for Evra. Looks very impressive at left back.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Poor clearance by the defender there. Good goal by Boyd.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I reckon Blackett could be one of the main reasons why we may not buy a backup for Evra. Looks very impressive at left back.
I have to say I'm very hopeful about Blackett, all our reserve players have quality but his pace and power give him a great advantage in trying to make the step up. He moves with great quickness and purpose, it gives him the ability to create a bit of space or close it down that is envious.

Though I have to remember to temper my optimism lest they all leave for other clubs next summer!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Deflection, surely. Good play though either way.

Been impressed with Lingard and Cole today as usual. That turn and chip from Cole just then was delicious. Would be nice to see Powell demanding the ball more because he looks good on the ball at times, but it's still early days.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Whenever people get down on Macheda they should remember that he tends to look good for the reserves. It's a bit silly to get down on a player of reserve age that look quite good for the reserves but only looks okay when he plays for the first team, while at the same time expressing satisfaction with other reserve team players that don't look any better than Macheda in the reserves and haven't even gotten a chance to play for the first team.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Macheda looks so much better on the ball for the reserves and in friendly matches. Berbatov-ish at times, though obviously not at that level of quality.

twitter thread suggester
Must say I haven't really been that impressed with Powell today, he loses the ball too easily, often due to weak passes and lack of concentration.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Macheda looks so much better on the ball for the reserves and in friendly matches. Berbatov-ish at times, though obviously not at that level of quality.
I don't have any problem with his trying something fancy, sure he'd probably look better if he kept it simple and direct but how can you become a top class player without trying to pull off more difficult and complicated moves? This is the time to do it and you can hardly expect him to develop a game like Berbatov's without a whole lot of trail and error.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Must say I haven't really been that impressed with Powell today, he loses the ball too easily, often due to weak passes and lack of concentration.
Yep.

Lingard looks good IMO. Always looking to get the ball, very comfortable and nimble with it too. Attacks the space (as boss would say) very well.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Kings a better talent then Kiko. He's more mobile and adds to much more though but be fair Kiko, he isn't good enough to be up their by himself. I thought Powell was hit and miss. I think we played well in parts but 2-0's a fair enough result. We didn't really create enough.