PGA and European Tour Golf 2016

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
World Golf Championship currently in its final day in Florida. Beautiful course, shame it's owned by that ass-hat Drumpf and thus obviously named after him.

Rory built up a nice lead going into the day but has chucked away a few shots and is now only 1 ahead with a pack chasing.

@langster you watching?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why do Americans find it so difficult to keep their mouths shut until after the ball is struck?

Rory should have brought a bucket and spade today.

Name Changed

weso26
Why does Rory do this when he's winning? Instead of doing as he has done all week and go for birdies, he decided to consolidate and go for pars. It never works because he always makes mistakes and ends up dropping shots. He has thrown this one away.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hope Willett can put some birdies together but this feels like a Bubba win now.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
:lol:

:( This is depressing me a bit, I have been waiting to get out and play for a while, and had all the years golf society dates come through on my phone today and I have no idea when i'll be able to play. Gutted.

I agree Rado, it's a shame this is a Drumpf course, far too good to be associated with that numpty. He was bragging on stage last night that he hits the ball 280+ yards. What a cnut.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'd like to drive his head 280 yards.

Ahh sucks about you not being able to play, have they given you any indication on when you might expect to be up to it?

My shoulder is preventing me playing at the moment, not quite the same as your problems :lol:

langster

Scout
:lol: I reckon i'd give driving his head a go if I could.

Nah, I haven't asked to be fair but I reckon I will be lucky to get out before July/August at the very earliest, but you never know. At least I will have plenty of time to watch LOTS of golf though. Sorry about your shoulder mate, hope that improves soon. Although with the weather forecasts, I can't see anyone playing for a month or so, it's looking bloody awful, especially up North where you are.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well hopefully you'll be on the mend sooner rather than later and you'll be able to get some golf in during the summer.

Cheers man, my shoulder has given my jip for years, just have to put up with it for the most part but sometimes it's too much for golf.

Aye, the weather is shite at the moment, roll on summer!

langster

Scout
Cheers mate, and damn right about Summer. These lucky merkins, it looks beautiful in Florida. Is that wazzock Drumpf there to present the trophy? I know he's campaigning in Florida today. Can do without him making this tournament all about him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Cheers mate, and damn right about Summer. These lucky merkins, it looks beautiful in Florida. Is that wazzock Drumpf there to present the trophy? I know he's campaigning in Florida today. Can do without him making this tournament all about him.
He's definitely there, they showed him arriving in his helicopter (with his name on the side, obviously) and then driving his golf cart to the club house. Not sure if he's presenting.

Hopefully he'll fall into one of the lakes or something.

Scott now takes the lead with a bit of daylight to the pack.

langster

Scout
Scott now takes the lead with a bit of daylight to the pack.
I don't mind that, I like Adam, he's a nice lad and has a beautiful swing and manner about him. I'm surprised though, I really thought he would struggle having to go back to the normal putter this year. I honestly thought he would have dropped his belly-putter earlier last season knowing the ban was coming. Fair play to him, he's reverted back extremely well.

Hope Drumpf gets eaten by an alligator.

EDIT didn't realise he won last week as well. Fair play to him. He's adjusted better than I thought.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well done Adam Scott, great recovery on 18 to seal it, great stuff to come back after two double bogeys.

langster

Scout
:)

First tournament I've properly watched this year, gonna make an effort to watch more.
Yeah, I'm gutted I went to create a thread the other week but fell asleep and then forgot to do it. I love the start of the season with the tournaments in Hawaii and Malaysia, and the watched most of the Scottsdale tournament as well, but that just reminds me of Happy Gilmore. How they concentrate on that course, especially the par 3 at the 16th I don't know. Gutted I missed the Pebble Beach pro-am though :(

diarm

Why does Rory do this when he's winning? Instead of doing as he has done all week and go for birdies, he decided to consolidate and go for pars. It never works because he always makes mistakes and ends up dropping shots. He has thrown this one away.
I don't think that's fair. Before today, Rory had won 5 of the 6 tournaments he's led going into round 4 since that debacle at the Masters in 2011. Since then he's made a point of saying he was too conservative that day and that he has to be more aggressive when he's in front.

Today wasn't a matter of being too conservative - his iron game just fell apart. He got through that tough first 5 holes and then hooked two bad irons in two holes. After that he never saw a bunker he didn't want to land.

Don't mind seeing Scott doing well though. Watching yesterdays round, with the two of them and their beautiful swings playing together was a treat. Growing up, my favourite players were Tom Watson and Freddy Couples because of the way they swang the club - These two are like them except they can also hit the ball 350 yards!

langster

Scout
Yeah, just switched over, love Bay Hill. Good job Tiger isn't playing, I think he's won here nearly every time he plays.

langster

Scout
Yeah, me too. He was the best there has ever been it's as simple as that. Just an absolute joy to watch. We were lucky enough to see him throughout his career though, many kids today never saw him play properly.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Definitely, he put in so many memorable performances.

Augusta especially feels a little weird without having him around.

Still, we've got an excellent field at the moment.

langster

Scout
Definitely, he put in so many memorable performances.

Augusta especially feels a little weird without having him around.

Still, we've got an excellent field at the moment.

Yeah, I like a lot of kids that are coming through now and some of the ones who are maturing and coming in to their prime, especially Day and Fowler, and Rory of course.

What the feck has happened to Luke Donald though? He was world number 1 for a few weeks and since then has just gone awol. The same with Westwood, got to number 1 in the world and since then he's gone missing too. Madness.

Love this 18th hole! A beauty of a hole.