Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Before WBA game, Jones didn't commit even a single foul in 6 games and the foul he committed in the 9th min was his first in 618 mins. That's a fantastic record.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Amazing how he turned it around in such a short space. He was injured for such a long time and then he came back and played as if he was never out. I truly hope for him he can stay fit as he's a brilliant player

Sylar

One big mistake but luckily rojo had it covered.

Glad he is getting a good run now.
Which is great, they have a good understanding. Rojo was sweeping up whilst Jones went to attack the ball. Its a nice balance.

So happy to see Jones step up when we badly needed him and has been rock solid.

Devil may care

Bar the onwe lapse moment where Rojo bailed him out it was another strong 90 minutes from Jones.

ricky-romeo

Which is great, they have a good understanding. Rojo was sweeping up whilst Jones went to attack the ball. Its a nice balance.

So happy to see Jones step up when we badly needed him and has been rock solid.
yup. so happy to see the understanding between the two.may long this continue.

Fracture90

Another solid one bar that bad call in the overtime.

Seems his partnership with Rojo is really suiting both of them.

Stay fit Jonesy.

OneUnited24

A bit erratic today but passed it well and thankfully got through that challenge unscathed.
I think the boo-boys got to him today... Its good to see him with a prolonged spell in the first team. I had high hopes for him after his first two seasons with us

Went off the boil with Moyes but hell most of the team did!

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
I think the boo-boys got to him today... Its good to see him with a prolonged spell in the first team. I had high hopes for him after his first two seasons with us

Went off the boil with Moyes but hell most of the team did!
I disagree he struggled with the boo-boys. He remained pretty calm all things considered. I believe he actually feels bad he got the West Ham player sent off & that got to him more than any boo boys. It was never a penalty today. With all respect, "it's man's game" (at this level anyway) Jones went in very hard and put a strong side foot to clear the ball. The other lad left the ground completely and didn't make contact with the ball. A yellow for being "late" but probably not a Red. (I can't see it being rescinded though?)

December_16

West Ham fans are a disgrace. Booing Jones for getting kicked? Is it his fault that Ferghouli get sent off? What's he supposed to do? Bunch of twits.

Glad Jones was alright. He's been a rock for us in the past couple of months, who would've thunk?

EDIT: Apologies for the inappropriate language.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
He has cut his injuries, if he can cut his rash challenges that give fouls in dangerous position, he could become a quite good defender.

RoJones is really working well. Wouldn't have thought it will ever happen.

Sylar

Hoping not to jinx it, but it was nice to see him get through that challenge, and on top of that get another clean sheet.
Do think he needs to cut out some of his blood and thunder challenges in out wide positions when needed (well there was one piece of stupidity when he just pushed a player who was going no where and it lead to a free kick)

But thats a small negative in an otherwise good run.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Don't want to jinx it, but on this form, he has to be due a call up to England?
Part of me hopes not.

I mean, don't get me wrong - he's going to go on to become a world cup winning England captain and our greatest ever player regardless.

...but right now, he's fit, in form and looking the best he's ever looked, I'd hate for anything to 'rock the boat' or so to speak.

Skills

Snitch
He has cut his injuries, if he can cut his rash challenges that give fouls in dangerous position, he could become a quite good defender.

RoJones is really working well. Wouldn't have thought it will ever happen.
Both seem to communicate really well, which I think helps the entire team. Both of them constantly call/shout out players, and keep the entire team on the same page.

ti vu

Part of me hopes not.

I mean, don't get me wrong - he's going to go on to become a world cup winning England captain and our greatest ever player regardless.

...but right now, he's fit, in form and looking the best he's ever looked, I'd hate for anything to 'rock the boat' or so to speak.
Agree. Stay away from this England bs NT for now. Should just focus being fit and improving under Mourinho and he can think about England in summer 2018. Playing some useless qualifying games & friendlies and risk injury is not worth it for him now with all the time he wasted in recent years

RedRoach

I think he can be best described as an "oaf" ... but he's a likeable oaf at least.
Lots of immensely talented defenders could also be given that description (Terry, Bruce, Pallister, Keown etc.), not necessarily a bad thing.

prath92

West Ham fans are a disgrace. Booing Jones for getting kicked? Is it his fault that Ferghouli get sent off? What's he supposed to do? Bunch of retards.

Glad Jones was alright. He's been a rock for us in the past couple of months, who would've thunk?
Our fans did the exact same thing to valdes last game.

jungledrums

Our fans did the exact same thing to valdes last game.
No, Valdes literally took Ibra out. The fact that Ibra had a goal disallowed for that was a travesty. Okay Feghouli shouldn't have been sent, but Jones was still clearly hit pretty forcefully. Cannot compare the twl.

prath92

Valdes wasn't touched though tbf and while Jones was touched he did overreact and I think his reaction brought on the red.
No, Valdes literally took Ibra out. The fact that Ibra had a goal disallowed for that was a travesty. Okay Feghouli shouldn't have been sent, but Jones was still clearly hit pretty forcefully. Cannot compare the twl.
Valdes went to save, misjudged and collided with ibra. He got hurt as well just like Jones did. Neither of the decisions (disallowing ibra s goal and feghouli s red) had anything to do with Jones/Valdes themselves.

Thisistheone

One of the best stories of the season seeing Phil back and playing regular.

He's a lot more composed, that rashness he used to have is being managed better. Jose can take some credit.

quethenoo

Hoping not to jinx it, but it was nice to see him get through that challenge, and on top of that get another clean sheet.
Do think he needs to cut out some of his blood and thunder challenges in out wide positions when needed (well there was one piece of stupidity when he just pushed a player who was going no where and it lead to a free kick)

But thats a small negative in an otherwise good run.
Yep that was particularly daft and had me shouting at the TV, but otherwise well done again.

prath92

Time wasting and rolling around on the floor like a right fanny after launching himself into the back of Ibra. Yeah just the same thing! :rolleyes:
Just because he launched into ibra wouldn't really mean he didn't get hurt.

Robertd0803

Both seem to communicate really well, which I think helps the entire team. Both of them constantly call/shout out players, and keep the entire team on the same page.
This makes a massive difference. Under LvG you rarely would see any player shouting/communicating on the pitch while now its a lot better. I read an interview with Carrick recently where he said Rio never shut up during games that he was always shouting something to the players in front (or something to that effect).

Most telling was after Pogbas goal v Boro Rojo ran straight over to Mourinho to receive instructions while the rest of the team celebrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.