Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few Phil Jones Stats:

Last 5 seasons in the league he's completed 5,484mins.
That's an average of 1096.8mins a season which results in playing 32% of each season.
He's completed over 2,000mins in the league twice.
He's had 20 injuries in his career and the longest injury was missing 13 games.
He's missed a total of 744 days which equates to 135 games due to injuries.
He's managed 2 goals at United in the league and scored 3 own goals.
He’s been an awful signing, we should have let him go years ago.

Josep Dowling

Injured again. Why did they renew his contract? It was the perfect way to get rid of him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Certainly not, Phil is somewhat of a medical marvel in that i don't think he's injured the same part of his body twice. But he has manged to systematically injure almost every part of his anatomy in turn over the last decade.

Which in a way is quite impressive when you think about it.
That can't be true, surely.

Snuffkin

He is still quality when fit or at least was when we gave the new contract.
Just watched the 2013 game at the bernabau he was v good. But this season he has been a liability and carrying too much weight, surprised he doesn't injure players during training

Josep Dowling

He is still quality when fit or at least was when we gave the new contract. Still silly to do if we had plans to buy Maguire.
C’mon that just isn’t true. The last game of his I can remember was Sheffield United away where he was embarrassed twice by a Bournemouth reject. He’s been a back up for years that can’t step up when called upon.

Paul_Scholes18

C’mon that just isn’t true. The last game of his I can remember was Sheffield United away where he was embarrassed twice by a Bournemouth reject. He’s been a back up for years that can’t step up when called upon.
He started well under Ole though when we won every game. That gave him the contract. This season he has been poor when played in the harder games. Although he has been a backup player with I think two league games.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Some part of Jones himself must be thinking it'd be better if he left United. It's not just the fans, he must be aware of his teammates questioning his contribution. How does he feel when he drives to Carrington and there are people there pitying him? It must hurt his pride.

stevoc

That can't be true, surely.
I'm not 100% sure but i think i read a story on his injuries from year or two ago that said he'd never had the same injury twice. That may have changed though with his numerous injuries since that time.

Jericho

He gives his all, but I'm just so sick of the sight of him. Even when he occasionally manages to keep the mistakes to minimum and hit a little bit of form you just know he'll injury himself within one or two games.

And he's injured so often you'd have to think some of these injuries might be similar to ones other players are carrying into games and just getting on with. Any professionals I've heard talking about this kind of thing usually say you're never 100%.

Last edited:

Pav1878

If he gets a testimonial, it will be the most embarrassing thing ever.

He seems a nice lad, and I don't wish him any ill, but he needs to go now. It has been a disaster since day one.

Skills

Snitch
When you watch him play you can tell why he's so injury prone. He's a bit reckless (like Rafael) but he's a big guy and seems quite heavy footed.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm not 100% sure but i think i read a story on his injuries from year or two ago that said he'd never had the same injury twice. That may have changed though with his numerous injuries since that time.
He's had an impressive selection of injuries - but by now he's had so many in total that there's bound to be some repeats (e.g. hamstring).

stevoc

He's had an impressive selection of injuries - but by now he's had so many in total that there's bound to be some repeats (e.g. hamstring).
Yeah in the last 18 months he's had 3 hamstring injuries according to transfermarkt. No idea if that was the same hamstring or both at different times.

But you're right he surely has the most impressive collection of injuries in modern football, he's missed games through shingles. And was once even slightly doubtful for a game because of a friction burn on his head :lol:

Chief123

Surely this has to be the biggest failed judgement Fergie made in his carerr? :confused:

TrustInOle

Some part of Jones himself must be thinking it'd be better if he left United. It's not just the fans, he must be aware of his teammates questioning his contribution. How does he feel when he drives to Carrington and there are people there pitying him? It must hurt his pride.
Damn, this hit me on a deep level. Feel sorry for the guy now :(

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He gives his all, but I'm just so sick of the sight of him. Even when he occasionally manages to keep the mistakes to minimum and hit a little bit of form you just know he'll injury himself within one or two games.

And he's injured so often you'd have to think some of these injuries might be similar to ones other players are carrying into games and just getting on with. Any professionals I've heard talking about this kind of thing usually say you're never 100%.
Yes, I'm long past anger now with Jones. Anger is best reserved for players who you still expect something from. Phil is now a pitiful joke unfortunately.

Paul_Scholes18

Interesting. I'm not sure Moyes was a bigger failed judgement than Fergie thinking Jones could be our best EVER player. Thats an audaciously shocking judgement of player.
It all started going down under Moyes. For Jones and many others.

Chief123

At the time he used to play so well for us. Once i saw a very old fan compare him to Duncan edwards
I agree that he was a much better player than what he is now. But at no point in his career with utd has he shown signs that he was threatening to be our "best player ever" at the club. We wouldn't have even said that about Rooney or Ronaldo in their early years. Especially considering we had the likes of George Best in our history.

Based Adnan

Only 2 times in 9 years has he managed more than 30 games for us in all comps in a season. Those were in 11/12 and 13/14.

New contract in 2019.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Only 2 times in 9 years has he managed more than 30 games for us in all comps in a season. Those were in 11/12 and 13/14.

New contract in 2019.
The new contract was amazing.
Up there at Sanchez levels of money wasting

McGrathsipan

Yeah in the last 18 months he's had 3 hamstring injuries according to transfermarkt. No idea if that was the same hamstring or both at different times.

But you're right he surely has the most impressive collection of injuries in modern football, he's missed games through shingles. And was once even slightly doubtful for a game because of a friction burn on his head :lol:

He has 3 hamstrings

sillwuka

I hope he can turn his career around and get a starting place in a team similar to Jonny Evans.

It's best for him to move on and stay out of the limelight and work on his game and pray he stays fit.

McGrathsipan

I hope he can turn his career around and get a starting place in a team similar to Jonny Evans.

It's best for him to move on and stay out of the limelight and work on his game and pray he stays fit.
He would have a chance of that but he can't stay fit. He's done and United will continue to pay him for more years because someone decided it was a good idea to sign him to a new contract

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
WTF is that? Why is a successful comedian posting videos ridiculing a random squad player like that? I understand United are always the target for such things, but what has Jones done to deserve such attention from someone like Mortimer? Slightly pathetic TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.