Phil Jones Future | Reports: Observing United academy sessions

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Commentator just said it's been 5 years since he's scored a goal. That was probably that goal under Fergie vs Aston Villa, wasn't it?

He is so shite it's incredible. Smalling has his flaws but he ten times better player than he ever was for us.

Roboc7

Shocking decision which sums up this club. He’ll be here for years doing what Phil Jones does.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Players like him are poison to a football club.

Look at the level of his performances and his injury record yet he keeps being rewarded and is one of the elder statesmen of the team.

Look at the message that sends to new and young players. You can coast by on mediocrity and be a Man United lifer.

Removing him from the club would actually be a giant step in saying this shit doesn't fly anymore.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This cririsicm will only last until he has a good game and then he will be a sensible squad player again. Fans are deluded.

Toddler

We should have gotten rid of Phil Jones 5 years ago. This club has to be more ruthless. I would like hear an explanation about the reasons behind keeping him. I cant really think of any sensible ones.

maverickjesus

I've passed festering turds with better appreciation of the art of defending than Phil Jones. Abysmal on literally every level possible.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just coast along, and guaranteed another 3 years of 120,000+/wk wages.

I just feel sick.

Milo2035

Rio will be our technical director and advise Ole to keep him and Young.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. We've been rewarding mediocrity for years now and this guy is the very epitome of that.

Castia

Awful player. His injury record alone should have seen him gone but to give him a new contract? What a complete mess.

What a shame, the club is fecked.

Mainoldo

Terrible. Ole needs to get balls otherwise players like him will get him sacked.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
We're the worst run big club in the world. Any other club would've gotten rid of him years ago.

settembrini

Literally the one way I could be getting any sort of pleasure out of this horrendous end to the season is if I knew these were the final games I would ever have to see the likes of Jones play for United. I wouldn't get angry over his dumb tackles, I wouldn't care that he gives away free chances with his poor passes. I would just be thankful that next season he'd be a disaster somewhere else. Instead he's here until 2023 and every time our manager talks about being ruthless and having a survival of the fittest policy I don't know if he's taking the piss or genuinely deluded.

redshaw

He was caught out badly in the first half as well, moved like a pool table.

el3mel

At least extend his contract for 1 more year or something.

4 fecking years +1 haha. We're the worst run big club by a country mile.

Chairman Steve

Jonah by name. Jonah by nature I swear.

He will drop down the league significantly when he leaves. His destiny is at a level akin to where Newcastle currently are right now. Mid to lower table at very best. Stealing a living. Right place at the right time constantly. Survival ability of a cockroach under numerous regimes

Bojan11

The more I think about this, Phelan must have convinced Ole to give him a new contract. Why would Ole give him one for one months good performance?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't believe Fergie saw that. Maybe he was trolling or something.
He was genuinely very good when he was 18/19, unfortunately he’s not got any better and he’s got way more sloppy since.

he was dubbed the new John terry back in the day and for Blackburn he was impressive.

0le

At least extend his contract for 1 more year or something.

4 fecking years +1 haha. We're the worst run big club by a country mile.
This is correct. If the club REALLY wanted to keep him, and I would not be able to understand why, then at the very least offer him a short contract extension. Now he will be here for the next 5 years because no one will buy him. I remember there were people in a Woodward thread questioning why Woodward should get any criticism for renewing the contract of an "England international" and that it made good "business" sense to do it:

Ultimately, regarding Jones, nobody gives a shite if you, or any fan, thinks he should have been given a 2+1 contract. That he was not, is not an example of some incompetence by add Woodward, as our players are not offered contracts based on what you think of them. Ultimately, if Ole and his team want to tie Jones down, Woodward should get it done. He’s 26 years old, the contract you are proposing is a stupid contract to offer an England international of that age. It makes no business sense.

Last edited: