Phil Jones Injury Thread | 'Long term injury' - Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

It's mad to think he had 23 injuries in just 4 years, and we allowed him to sign a new 4 year contract in july 2015 without any sort of pay as you play clause in it.
For all we know, that may well be part of his contract.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To those supporting Jones, let's not forget his shamefull self promotion by plastering 'PJ4' over a picture of the Busby Babes shortly before the crash. Despite being told it was in bad taste, he just left it there.

Poor show that son.
No wonder he's always injured. The cnut must be in his 70s now.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Like I said in a previous message. Imagine a normal workplace and an employee cannot perform his/her duties because they are sick. Do you think a professional business would put up with that. It;s 300 days since he last played for the first team for christ sake
A normal workplace where an employee cannot perform his/her duties because they are injured ON the work because of the work.

marlowe78

It's not his fault that he's always hurt, aside from the way he carelessly throws himself around.

I blame the club for sticking with this no-show, it just smacks of Anderson.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ankle/Foot Injury | Manchester United Injuries | 2015 April 12th

Illness | Manchester United Injuries | 2015 February 27th

Ankle/Foot Injury | Manchester United Injuries | 2015 February 11th

This little period makes you wonder if it's partly psychosomatic. To go from a foot injury, have an illness in between then back to a foot injury is very strange.
I agree.

Just look at the sheer amount of 'illness' periods.

donkeyfish

I'm fairly certain our annual reports say we have insurance against long-term injuries. Since we're a public company, it has to contain a lot of information.

It's such a boring read though, so I'm reluctant to double-check.

RedDevil-85

Jones needs to be cut loose.
Hope to see him sold in the summer or better yet,in January

AndyJ1985

It's not his fault that he's always hurt, aside from the way he carelessly throws himself around.

I blame the club for sticking with this no-show, it just smacks of Anderson.
It was ridiculous how long Anderson was kept at the club. Too many wasters have been allowed to earn a living at our club without being anywhere near good enough, with him being the worst of the bunch. It always annoyed me how fans would laugh it off because he'd do stupid dances and act the clown, as if it was acceptable for the fat sod to make millions being a jester. He wouldn't have been tolerated at any other big club, and neither would Jones.

Steven Seagull

It was ridiculous how long Anderson was kept at the club. Too many wasters have been allowed to earn a living at our club without being anywhere near good enough, with him being the worst of the bunch. It always annoyed me how fans would laugh it off because he'd do stupid dances and act the clown, as if it was acceptable for the fat sod to make millions being a jester. He wouldn't have been tolerated at any other big club, and neither would Jones.
That's blatantly not true. Loads of examples of injury prone players at big clubs. Diaby didn't play for about 3 years at Arsenal

ravi2

Why we didnt sell him last summer is beyond me. He will never realize his potential at OT.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Stoke really wanted then we were silly to keep him. Even when fit, which never seems to be the case, he isn't good enough.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Just remember that when we do sell him, his injury record will drive his price way down. Not that it really matters, but inevitably when we sell him for less than 10mil there will be complaints about how he should not have been sold for anything less than 20mil.

stevoc

For all we know, that may well be part of his contract.
I suppose it's possible mate we don't know either way, but i imagine if he did agree to a contract like that he would have wanted the news to get into the media so if he does suffer more injuries (which he did) people would be more sympathetic to him.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think he's a Tottenham-level player. Not top-drawer but still decent...kind of a Michael Dawson sort.

dove

Just remember that when we do sell him, his injury record will drive his price way down. Not that it really matters, but inevitably when we sell him for less than 10mil there will be complaints about how he should not have been sold for anything less than 20mil.
That's why he should have been sold at least 2 years ago. I think we give players way too much time and then sell them for nothing. Look at Chelsea, they constantly get good prices for their players because they know when to sell them and usually Chelsea get their money back for flops. It's clear as day Jones will not gonna make it here (and not only because of his injuries as he is simply not good enough) but we extended his contract instead of selling him...

Dante

Average bang
I remember reading the James Wilson thread the other day, with people full of sympathy for the poor lad and his many injuries. Jones on the other hand is just a fecking cnut for being injured all the time, like he's doing it on purpose. I really don't get the hate towards him on here.
Phil Jones is the subject of internet memes so he's considered uncool. It's a trend that's repeated over and over again with different players.

The converse is that someone like Blind makes more errors than Jones ever did, but he's got incredible hair so all is forgiven.

Online mob mentality has made things worse than they used to be.

VanGaalEra

I suppose it's possible mate we don't know either way, but i imagine if he did agree to a contract like that he would have wanted the news to get into the media so if he does suffer more injuries (which he did) people would be more sympathetic to him.
Maybe, though I'd imagine he's still getting a guarantee of a certain amount each week and rest might be pay as you play.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I thought we needed a fourth CB in the Summer with Rojo and Jones basically being lost causes.

We can't be running a football club based on blind optimism.Keeping Jones here any longer is basically that.

That contract Van Gaal have him will be a noose around our necks though.

Winrar

when was the last time he played for us? feels like it's been well over a year even though it might not be that distant.

Keegs

I think he's going to retire soon this injury thing is beyond ridiculous he's done something new to himself every week.

iHicksy

Jesus, I remember when we signed him and Smalling. I thought we had the future English first team centre backs combo sorted for the next 10 years.

slir32

Jesus, I remember when we signed him and Smalling. I thought we had the future English first team centre backs combo sorted for the next 10 years.
Me to. Remember those runs he use to make from the midfield into the box? What a shame.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I thought we needed a fourth CB in the Summer with Rojo and Jones basically being lost causes.

We can't be running a football club based on blind optimism.Keeping Jones here any longer is basically that.

That contract Van Gaal have him will be a noose around our necks though.
Haven't you heard? Rojo finally had one half decent game last night and is now a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.