Phil Jones Injury Thread | 'Long term injury' - Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The previous year, under LVG, Smalling was collecting all the plaudits and he believed that he had it made. He'd go home with a big smile on his face, knowing that he was MUFC's No.1 CB.
Jose joined and with Smalling no longer performing, he found himself on the bench.
Fourth choice behind Rojo, Jones, Bailly.
He was tired of sitting on the bench.
So, one night, Smalling lay awake in bed. Thinking how on Earth he could once again become first choice CB.
He imagined himself in training and wanted to improve himself, but how could he beat the pairing of Rojo and Jones, who for some bizarre reason, had conjured up an understanding during games, which meant they conceded no more than 1 goal in a match. And many times wouldn't concede at all.
This was almost like a love story, where the young male yearns for the attention of the damsel, but the damsel only has eyes for another. It was tearing Smalling up inside.
That night, Smalling continued in deep thought. As dawn broke, he came up with an idea. "YES. That's it...I've got it!!!!" he exclaimed.
A few hours later in training, he saw Jones blissfully unaware of what was about to take place. Jones was in the corner, stretching and making ridiculously silly faces.
Smalling could not understand why a fully grown man would make such faces, but he needed to remain focused.
Smalling, was preparing himself as they began the training match.
Several minutes passed, when Smalling finally plucked up the courage and stamped on Jones' toe. Jones made a noise. He made a silly face, the likes of which has seldom been seen on a football pitch. Smalling looked at Jones. Jones went to ground.
A few minutes later, it was revealed that Jones won't be playing for a while. Again. Smalling breathed a sigh of relief. He muttered under his breath, "Thank God!!! Now I will be guaranteed first team football and partnership of RoJones shall be no more.
That night, Smalling had a smile on his face, which he could not remove and he ended up having the deepest and longest sleep that he'd had in over 6 months.
:lol:

stevoc

I think its BS to be honest. If we had top quality players then you would have a valid point. However, what we have is a bunch of extremely average players most of whom are not fit for purpose. How difficult it is for young players to be as good as the likes of Jones, Young or Fellaini?
Not sure what point it is i've made thats BS as i was mostly agreeing with your post lol.

But i ask myself the bolded part also, Rashford has pretty much replaced Young. We have Williams and Tuanzabe who could step up an replace Jones and to be honest i don't think i want us to ever have another Fellaini type player.

Id say get rid of the deadwood, bring 2-3 top quality players in the team and stock with reliable young talent with potential. Bonucci would be a great leader at the back alongside the likes of Bailly, Sessegnon, Williams and Shaw.
Sessegnon the guy who played for Sunderland?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not sure what point it is i've made thats BS as i was mostly agreeing with your post lol.

But i ask myself the bolded part also, Rashford has pretty much replaced Young. We have Williams and Tuanzabe who could step up an replace Jones and to be honest i don't think i want us to ever have another Fellaini type player.

Sessegnon the guy who played for Sunderland?
The one whose playing with Fulham

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=94024

Brophs

The One and Only
Oh, do piss off, you massive waste of spunk. Time to sell him to Stoke or something. He's never proven to be even close to good enough to justify the amount of allowances we have to make for him.

ti vu

Oh, do piss off, you massive waste of spunk. Time to sell him to Stoke or something. He's never proven to be even close to good enough to justify the amount of allowances we have to make for him.
Tbf, Smalling was mentioned in the same sentence (unlike this tweet) with Jones... It's harsh if only Jones getting this criticism where Smalling was the one who injured him this time, got off the hook...

Irrational.

He's reckless. You can attribute part of it to bad luck like a Saha or Hargreaves but the way he seems to throw himself around in training and in games clearly suggests there's more to it than meets the eye. Was this his longest period being injury free? I thought he'd turned a corner when he started developing that partnership with Rojo.

Won't be missed either way, he hardly plays anyway. Would do well at a club like Sunderland.

Minimalist

'Long-term carthorse'

Taking the piss now. We've sold better defenders than him. His injury rate makes it even more absurd we haven't moved him on.

ti vu

He's reckless. You can attribute part of it to bad luck like a Saha or Hargreaves but the way he seems to throw himself around in training and in games clearly suggests there's more to it than meets the eye. Was this his longest period being injury free? I thought he'd turned a corner when he started developing that partnership with Rojo.

Won't be missed either way, he hardly plays anyway. Would do well at a club like Sunderland.
Smalling injured him this time. And it's quite weird that Smalling & Jones more often than not swapping place with injury. I meant Smalling out injured = Jones stayed injury free. As soon as Smalling got back to fitness, Jones started to pick up injuries again. This had happened in the past too.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If that boy was a race horse...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Smalling injured him this time. And it's quite weird that Smalling & Jones more often than not swapping place with injury. I meant Smalling out injured = Jones stayed injury free. As soon as Smalling got back to fitness, Jones started to pick up injuries again. This had happened in the past too.
As they seem to share one place in the team, maybe they can therefore share a wage and we can use the other wage to pay someone who will stay fit.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

I wouldn't wish that on him :nono:

ti vu

As they seem to share one place in the team, maybe they can therefore share a wage and we can use the other wage to pay someone who will stay fit.
Only if the insurance company let us share their coverage... :wenger:

Djemba-Djemba

Has to be sold in the Summer.

His injury record is absolutely appalling. Not only is he always picking up injuries but they're never 1 or 2 week absences, they're always serious. He bruised his foot against Hull and missed a month .

I don't even rate him highly when he does manage to play either to be honest. He's been here now 6 years and I don't think he's improved one bit since then. He's still just a rash injury prone decent at best centre back.

RedDevil-85

No point with Jones or Smalling anymore.
2 sick notes who have barely improved and the both of them seems to be made of glass.
Wouldnt mind seeing either being sold in the summer but Jones should be first out the door imo.

stevoc

If he's out for the season then that really should signal the end of his time here. Enough is enough, unlucky or not he's just taking up space and wages at this point and can't be relied upon.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Both were shit anyway, i take this as a positive knowing both will be gone in the summer.

Djemba-Djemba

He didn't play any football from January 2016 to November 2016.

Then he had 2 and a half months of injury free football where he formed a nice partnership with Rojo and played well, got injured against Hull, missed another month, came back in March for 4 or 5 games and was absolute shite, and then injures his toe and misses the rest of the season.

Is there anyone on the cafe who can make a reasonable argument for not getting rid?

ti vu

Then he had 2 and a half months of injury free football where he formed a nice partnership with Rojo and played well, got injured against Hull, missed another month, came back in March for 4 or 5 games and was absolute shite, and then injures his toe and misses the rest of the season.

Is there anyone on the cafe who can make a reasonable argument for not getting rid?
Homegrown quota & he's insured. Would be more costly buying an homegrown now paying higher wage, than just pay his wage & collect insurance money.... :wenger:

Peanut Butter

Just sell him for the love of god. It's like Anderson - we all waited years and years to actually stay fit and show us what he's about. Jones is the same type of player. Always injured. And when he isn't, he is falling over himself or giving away penalties.

West Brom kind of player, not Man Utd quality.

Peanut Butter

I swear I've seen this posted (not necessarily by your good self) after his last 12 injuries.

Just put the bloke down.
We have a ruthless manager in charge now though. David and Louie kept dross around for too long, as did SAF in his final years.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Think comparing him to Duncan Edwards was premature to say the least.

Morpheus 7

Some of the posts in here are pathetic, all the toys being thrown out of the pram today. Youse knew they were injured and would be out for a while. I'm sure there will be changes in the summer, they never chose to miss the most important part of the season.

attack attack

Another muppet

England will be paying his wages for the next few months

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Buy a top CB and promote Tuanzebe. Tired of this shite. Down to the bare bones again.

Munich_1958

both Jones and Smalling should not be considered starters for United going forward, Jones should start paying for his own treatment must of cost us half of the Chevrolet deal by now ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.