Television Physical 100 (Netflix)

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
The games are still great.

Big respect to the 3rd team in that ship moving game! Only 2 minutes behind despite being at a huge disadvantage.

What do people think about the last round? I thought that it was an interesting set of games that gave every type of athlete a good chance. But it totally fecked over the all-rounders. The best strong man, climber and long-distance runner got a free pass basically. The obstacle course and boulder pushing were the most "fair" games. It's a shame we had to see so many good competitors go out in the boulder pushing game, though.

The short-haired girl who sacrificed herself when none of the guys on her team wanted to go up against the strong man is the real MVP :(

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The games are still great.

Big respect to the 3rd team in that ship moving game! Only 2 minutes behind despite being at a huge disadvantage.

What do people think about the last round? I thought that it was an interesting set of games that gave every type of athlete a good chance. But it totally fecked over the all-rounders. The best strong man, climber and long-distance runner got a free pass basically. The obstacle course and boulder pushing were the most "fair" games. It's a shame we had to see so many good competitors go out in the boulder pushing game, though.

The short-haired girl who sacrificed herself when none of the guys wanted to go up against the strong man is the real MVP :(
I really wanted to see her just lift it. It would've been a minor win.

Sexyama is gone :( He's so cool.

I googled the small stuntwoman who did the rope climbing because she was hot and there is a load of stories about how she's a horrible bully. Shame.

The Firestarter

It was a shame that all the men from that team were afraid to go to the rock holding challenge

Dan

Pushing those 100kg stones up the incline over and over again looks brutal.

padr81

Supports
Man City
And the team in 3rd place is
And the team in 3rd place is..
Forever and ever looping

Fun show all in all, just get a feeling it's dragged out 2-3 episodes too long.

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Now that I think about it, the ice climber has been really lucky up until this point...

The first task was hanging. He is tailor-made for that task.
The second task was not good for him, but since he did well in the first task he got to pick his opponent early, which is a major advantage.
The third task was not bad for him, but even more important than that: since he did so well in the first two tasks he got picked by a really strong team(the team captains didn't know the upcoming task).
The fourth task was terrible for him in theory, but since he was on a strong team in the previous task his team got even stronger when they joined forces with another strong team.
The fifth task contained yet another task he's tailor-made for: rope climbing!

I love that someone with "naturally" achieved strength has made it to the top 5, but you have to admit that things have turned out perfectly for him so far.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Now that I think about it, the ice climber has been really lucky up until this point...

The first task was hanging. He is tailor-made for that task.
The second task was not good for him, but since he did well in the first task he got to pick his opponent early, which is a major advantage.
The third task was not bad for him, but even more important than that: since he did so well in the first two tasks he got picked by a really strong team(the team captains didn't know the upcoming task).
The fourth task was terrible for him in theory, but since he was on a strong team in the previous task his team got even stronger when they joined forces with another strong team.
The fifth task contained yet another task he's tailor-made for: rope climbing!

I love that someone with "naturally" achieved strength has made it to the top 5, but you have to admit that things have turned out perfectly for him so far.
That's the game though.
A lot of people have benefited from teams, being on the strongman's team was an almost auto win during the ship dragging contest.
Funny enough with no idea what the final is I don't give the strongman a hope in it cause it will likely be muti-task, even though he's dominated the last 3 events.

I have a feeling the winner of the punishment of Sisyphus will win in the end. Those two look like super rounded athletes.

Alot of the games so far have been much more brutal than I expected, when I first saw the show I thought it'd be some gladiators like nonsense or super easy. After the first event they've been pounded with brutality.
I think the obstacle course was probably the easiest event since for the 4 who did that. All the others were tough, tough going.

Glorio

That's the game though.
A lot of people have benefited from teams, being on the strongman's team was an almost auto win during the ship dragging contest.
Funny enough with no idea what the final is I don't give the strongman a hope in it cause it will likely be muti-task, even though he's dominated the last 3 events.

I have a feeling the winner of the punishment of Sisyphus will win in the end. Those two look like super rounded athletes.

Alot of the games so far have been much more brutal than I expected, when I first saw the show I thought it'd be some gladiators like nonsense or super easy. After the first event they've been pounded with brutality.
I think the obstacle course was probably the easiest event since for the 4 who did that. All the others were tough, tough going.
Yeah, with the obstacle course no idea why miracle didn't sort out technique after the benefit of 2 iterations! It's like your weird spin thing ain't working in a race fella, change your technique!

Glorio

I reckon Iron man wins the rolling game but we'll see.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah, with the obstacle course no idea why miracle didn't sort out technique after the benefit of 2 iterations! It's like your weird spin thing ain't working in a race fella, change your technique!
Yeah I think if he had
just copied what the guy who won all 3 races did he'd probably have won the final as the other guy slowed a bit and looked gassed after the first two.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
And the team in 3rd place is..
Forever and ever looping

Fun show all in all, just get a feeling it's dragged out 2-3 episodes too long.
Right? Just finished the ship task and it's so drawn out.

"The team to be eliminated will now be announced."

Go to talking heads about how well each team did.

"The team being eliminated is"

Show replay
Cut to contestants saying they can't lose

"And the team being eliminated is"

There's a full five minutes between the announcement of the winning team and the that of 2nd/3rd, all for the reveal to be... The obviously disadvantaged team lost.

That ship task could have been a lot more balanced. Why not a set weight from the ship, with additional weight based off the percentage of the teams' combined weight.

Glorio

Right? Just finished the ship task and it's so drawn out.

"The team to be eliminated will now be announced."

Go to talking heads about how well each team did.

"The team being eliminated is"

Show replay
Cut to contestants saying they can't lose

"And the team being eliminated is"

There's a full five minutes between the announcement of the winning team and the that of 2nd/3rd, all for the reveal to be... The obviously disadvantaged team lost.

That ship task could have been a lot more balanced. Why not a set weight from the ship, with additional weight based off the percentage of the teams' combined weight.
I think my biggest disappointment is the way the teams were formed. The old school days of each team captain picking 1 member each round, and repeating the rounds till the end would have made things a lot more balanced

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think my biggest disappointment is the way the teams were formed. The old school days of each team captain picking 1 member each round, and repeating the rounds till the end would have made things a lot more balanced
Definitely. If the gameshow is about comparing different physiques, either you need to construct your competition to either balance out the teams, or balance out the events.

The Firestarter

Yeah, that was the way to do it. But I think they wanted to get rid of the "weak" people early.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Miracle was such a salty bitch on the obstacle course :lol: Beaten three times in a row and then just pushes the guy at the end.

Also, they must've gone over budget on body casts because that is the most bare bones obstacle course I've ever seen.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Also, they must've gone over budget on body casts because that is the most bare bones obstacle course I've ever seen.
Yeah the obstacle course was shit, but in hindsight I'm happy about it. It was the only explosive game. All the others were heavy on endurance.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Decent show. I enjoyed it. I think you need a bit of luck to go your way in it as well. Crossfitters writing in their applications to the US version as we speak!

Simbo

This a legit type competition then? I enjoy this kind of stuff but the trailer make it look like it was some manufactured 'reality' tv nonsense.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Really enjoyed this despite the weird repetitive replays at times.

I would say I'm looking forward to the UK and USA versions, but you can guarantee they'll go too far the other way and make it about how they live together through the process

padr81

Supports
Man City
The final task was exhausting just to watch. :lol:
Must have been 10km of rope in there.

All in all good show. I have to say I really took to the strongman, seemed like a really nice guy (if the dubbing is accurate),
his face when he saw the board flipping challenge. Was like "Ah feck". He left nothing after him though, fair play to him.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Enjoyed that finale, but damn I feel tired now! :lol:

Considering the 5 contestants who made it to the final and the games they had to play, the winner was deserved. He was probably the best contestant in 3 out of 4 games. Maybe the ice climber would have him beat in the running task and maybe the power lifter could have beat him in the rope pulling, but overall he was the most balanced contestant. 3 out of 4 games being endurance heavy was definitely good for him.

The Firestarter

- can you take a bite of that? Woah
- can you take a bite of that? Woah

- We had to carry people.
- In order to save them? Woah

- Look at him panting.
- Woah, he must be tired

I hope it was the translation, otherwise a lot of Michael Owens in Korea. Apart from that, great final quest. Woah.

Glorio

Brilliant show ... Kept me engrossed the whole way through.

In the final game, Heu-ming's strategy was all wrong - he started too fast not realising it would turn to a game of endurance, rather than raw strength and speed. The winner showed through the games that he had bags of endurance

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's good fun, Korean's are so nice and polite. I can't imagine I'd enjoy it as much if it was full of similar Americans and Brits!

feck sake though the constant repeating of little scenes is incredibly annoying.