Pick a team to beat FC Barcelona

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
and Zlatan was actually inhibiting their play. Awful performance from him in that tie. Pique did better in the 10 minutes he spent up front at the end than Zlatan had at all.
Well that's cancelled by the dubious red card given to Motta in the second leg. Inter beat Barcelona in that tie fair and square. I remember FranklyVulgar going on about the bus ride from Barcelona to Milan that tired the Barca team (because of that volcano, fecked if I can spell it)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Well that's cancelled by the dubious red card given to Motta in the second leg. Inter beat Barcelona in that tie fair and square. I remember FranklyVulgar going on about the bus ride from Barcelona to Milan that tired the Barca team (because of that volcano, fecked if I can spell it)
Not saying it was unfair. But this team is stronger.

davisjw

Bayern. Well rounded, well organized, efficient, and defensive with enough physical presence and pressure to unease the Barca players.

AttackingFlair

Keeper?
Sagna Rio Vidic Cole
Wilshere Schweinsteiger Banega
Silva RVP Aguero

Would maybe have Rooney or another striker ahead of RVP but he's the form man at the moment and he's a superb all rounder. Aguero because he's ripped Barca quite a few times. Chose the three hard working and talented midfielders because Aguero and Silva aren't the best defensively.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Casillas
Lahm - Vidic - Kompany - Marcelo
Schweinstieger - Banega
Nani- Silva - Ronaldo
Drogba​

Casillas in goal because he's the best shot-stopper in the world, which is what you need. His weakness in the air isn't exposed vs Barca.

The defence I'm completely unsure about. I put Vidic-Kompany simply because I can't think of anyone better, but in a perfect world you should definitely have a Rio-like player there, maybe even two. Can't think of anyone good enough though (Thiago Silva sounds like he could take that role, but I've barely seen him play and never taken much notice of him when I have). Same with the fullbacks - I don't rate Lahm or Marcelo particularly highly, but can't think of anyone else better at the moment.

I chose Banega as he has given Barcelona a lot of trouble a few times now, he seems to enjoy playing against them. And Schweinsteiger next to him should bring some pace and drive through the midfield, while also being very good at passing the ball himself.

It was a hard choice between Silva and Ozil in that role linking the attack and defence. I went with Silva simply because I think he's in better form at this moment in time.

Ronaldo hasn't had the best of times against Barca, but...well, it's Ronaldo. Can't leave him out. I've gone with Nani on the other side as he's simply the next best winger in the world, and I want a proper winger there.

And upfront I wanted someone big and powerful enough to give yourself the outball if you need it, but also skilful enough to combine well with the other attackers. Drogba isn't in the best of form, but I'd bet on him pulling out a big one for this match.

And if you want three subs, I'll give you RVP, Rooney and Toure.

MPTutd

In a 4-2-3-1 formation:

Neuer

Maicon
Vidic
Terry
Cole

M'Vila
Sweinsteiger (sp)

Ribery
Silva
Bale

Drogba

Chucking the 11 best non-Barca players in the team will not work.

I would defend very deep. When defending the box, I think Vidic and Terry are the two best in the world at this. I would then hit them on the break. Use the pace of Bale and Ribery, whilst they will also defend and work hard too.

I would then have Drogba up front. He is still the best lone striker in the business. He will hold it up and also has some pace to stretch the defence if needed. Plus he is a hard worker.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
----------Neuer
Ramos-Vidic-Kompany-Lahm
----Toure-Özil-Bastian----
Silva------------------Rooney
----------Gomez---------

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Anyone who doesn't put Fletcher in their team knows nothing about how football works.