Pierre Emerick A Boomerang | Arsenal Player

RedCurry

Auba is one of the world class players in the league. If Arsenal gets a good manager, I won’t be surprised if he wins golden boot next season.

AshRK

Lacazette scores in couple of games , he becomes great and better than lukaku. Aubameyang scored against Burnley he is awesome, lukaku scored against them he is is a flat track bulley. Aubameyang is a big game bottler and is a perfect fit for arsenal. Where was aubameyang last week against us. It seems there is one rule for judging other players and one rule for judging Manchester United players.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Lacazette scores in couple of games , he becomes great and better than lukaku. Aubameyang scored against Burnley he is awesome, lukaku scored against them he is is a flat track bulley. Aubameyang is a big game bottler and is a perfect fit for arsenal. Where was aubameyang last week against us. It seems there is one rule for judging other players and one rule for judging Manchester United players.
Same place Salah was against you - Played out of the game by a superior manager.

Not having the Lacazette > Lukaku shouts at all, but Aubameyang has been class for a few seasons now, and at the start of the season, and now, I'd say he's better than Lukaku overall.

Lukaku has been good though, I don't know why he gets as much hate as he does.

AshRK

Same place Salah was against you - Played out of the game by a superior manager.

Not having the Lacazette > Lukaku shouts at all, but Aubameyang has been class for a few seasons now, and at the start of the season, and now, I'd say he's better than Lukaku overall.

Lukaku has been good though, I don't know why he gets as much hate as he does.
Aubameyang is a class striker, not at all denying that. But why bash lukaku to praise another. Just a month ago morata scored and couple of the people started undermining lukaku, and now lacazette after being shit for almost 4-5 months scores some meaningless goals (fair play to him) he has become better than lukaku.

I have nothing against Aubameyang, I like him and trust me he will score plenty for gooners and I also said in this same thread , he is a well spent £60m for arsenal but why bring lukaku in this argument (not pointing at you).

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Aubameyang is a class striker, not at all denying that. But why bash lukaku to praise another. Just a month ago morata scored and couple of the people started undermining lukaku, and now lacazette after being shit for almost 4-5 months scores some meaningless goals (fair play to him) he has become better than lukaku.

I have nothing against Aubameyang, I like him and trust me he will score plenty for gooners and I also said in this same thread , he is a well spent £60m for arsenal but why bring lukaku in this argument (not pointing at you).
Have you seen the Messi vs Ronaldo thread? Some times I read that thread & think it's Payet vs Vardy or something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Aubamayeng has shown for years now that he's probably the best poacher in the world (unfair to still label Ronaldo as just a poacher but he'd be the one who outshines him obviously). Poachers can be shut out of games a lot of times and look ineffective but also pop up with a goal out of nothing, but it's still hard for them to really change a team if the team is dominating them. That's Aubamayeng at Arsenal. Arsenal has been trash away from home and in big games for ages. Unfair to blame Auba too much for not scoring in the big games yet when it's more the club and system that is failing them. He guarantees goals over a season though. Definitely in with a shout of the top scorer for next season, even if Arsenal aren't very good. Just knows where to find space to find the net.

DarkXaero

How has Lacazette been shit? Last I checked, he has a better goals/90 mins ratio than Lukaku does, while also being a much better player technically than Lukaku.

AshRK

Have you seen the Messi vs Ronaldo thread? Some times I read that thread & think it's Payet vs Vardy or something.
Ohh that debate is one of the most tiresome. Hardly visit that thread.

haram

How has Lacazette been shit? Last I checked, he has a better goals/90 mins ratio than Lukaku does, while also being a much better player technically than Lukaku.
Post makes me think you are going off Fifa and goal stats. If you watch them play Lukaku offers a lot more.

AshRK

Yes one has been leading the line and other has been replaced by a £60m striker. Now what next wekbeck is better than lukaku.

Canagel

Called it already. next seasons PL top scorer if he stays fit. He has been going toe to toe with Lewandowski for golden boot in Bundelisga for years and he's acknowledged as world class. So should Aubameyang.

Last edited:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

If I did that it was unintentional, I think Lukaku is a very good striker.

DarkXaero

Post makes me think you are going off Fifa and goal stats. If you watch them play Lukaku offers a lot more.
More goals? yes. Link up play wise, Lacazette is better. Just watch Arsenal's first goal today. If that was Lukaku instead, Arsenal's move would have broken down 3 passes ago with a bad Lukaku first touch.

DarkXaero

Yes one has been leading the line and other has been replaced by a £60m striker. Now what next wekbeck is better than lukaku.
Aubameyang and Lacazette are both playing together. Lacazette is more suited to a second striker role. Put a good, consistent midfield behind them, and Arsenal can have one of the top 3 attacks in the league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's been difficult judging him since signing. You have to look at the circumstances I think. As soon as he joined Arsenal their priority shifted to europa and they started putting out weaker teams in the premier league. He also couldn't play more than once a week with being ineligible for europe so couldn't get rhythm that you need by playing more games.

I think Lukaku's had a pretty good season actually but would liken it to him signing in January and having to play with the team Man. United put out at Bristol City for most premier league games. I'm sure that would impact on his scoring record a bit.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The notion that top teams went for Lukaku because he is 'better' than Aubameyang is utterly laughable. Lukaku was simply preferred because he is younger with more potential to improve. whilst at 28 the only place left for Auba to go is down. I also repeat, anyone who believes a striker could have been first choice for Klopp and then Tuchel, whilst having poor work rate and a poor ability to make combination play with team mates and off the ball runs, is plain deluded.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So true. Any striker scores a goal, few caftards lose their shit and start comparing him with Lukaku and even bash him.

TsuWave

He ended up at arsenal for a reason.
This is such a foolish argument it’s mind blowing people believe it holds any merit. Like, you really sit at home and think this makes sense?

BarcaSpurs

The notion that top teams went for Lukaku because he is 'better' than Aubameyang is utterly laughable. Lukaku was simply preferred because he is younger with more potential to improve. whilst at 28 the only place left for Auba to go is down. I also repeat, anyone who believes a striker could have been first choice for Klopp and then Tuchel, whilst having poor work rate and a poor ability to make combination play with team mates and off the ball runs, is plain deluded.
Was Aubameyang ever first choice striker under klopp? Iirc they had 1 season together and klopp was trying with Immobile/Ramos whilst playing Aubameyang on the wing

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You seem to lack an understanding of the point you're trying to make.

He as also at Dortmund who have been a quality team over the years. And regardless, his peformance levels have been brilliant for awhile.
Since he's joined them, they have steadily gotten worse so I would definitely not call them a quality team since he's been there. The last quality Dortmund team is the one that reached the CL final under Klopp.

mvpkennedy

Ehhhh maybe cause he was a winger at first? Klopp changed his position from right winger to Center forward. Since then he improved his goal record massively and was going toe to toe with Lewandowski in the Bundesliga.

Btw: he was one of the very few players that performed in Klopps last season (remember: they were 18th! while the winter break). While Mkhitaryan had a really bad season. Auba ja constantly world class.

Heath.1967

Aubameyang is definitely world class, top scorer on Bundesliga beating Lewandowski is not considered world class?
You can see his killer instinct from Arsenal's first goal yesterday, he knew where the ball went.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ehhhh maybe cause he was a winger at first? Klopp changed his position from right winger to Center forward. Since then he improved his goal record massively and was going toe to toe with Lewandowski in the Bundesliga.

Btw: he was one of the very few players that performed in Klopps last season (remember: they were 18th! while the winter break). While Mkhitaryan had a really bad season. Auba ja constantly world class.
Galthier is the one who changed his position at Saint Etienne, Klopp for some reasons thought that it was a good idea to move him back to the wing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Think Auba is currently, and has proven over the a longer period, that he is better than Lukaku. He's also 5 years his senior though and Lukaku is improving all the time. That's not actually a slight on Lukaku (that he's being compared with Auba) because Aubameyang IMO, is class. (I don't want to throw the WC tag around too lightly so I'll stick to class).

I'd expect Lukaku, if he keeps on improving, to be up there and in the next couple years when he nears his peak, to surpass Aubameyang (hopefully).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Galthier is the one who changed his position at Saint Etienne, Klopp for some reasons thought that it was a good idea to move him back to the wing.
Klopp's handling of Aubameyang was a complete trainwreck. I reckon the club bought him to bring in Lewandowski's replacement a year early (after all as you've mentioned he already played as a striker (and quite well) at ASSE), but as it turned out Lewandowski barely missed a minute and when he sat out his first match against Freiburg, Schieber (who struggles to get minutes at Hertha atm) got to play as the striker and Aubameyang remained on the wings. As time went on it became more and more obvious that Aubameyang lacks the technique/dribbling to be a proper winger and also had too many defensive/game reading deficits for such a position in Klopp's football, so after the winter break his minutes kept dropping gradually to the point where he lost his starting spot and became an impact sub for the last 20 minutes. His first start as a #9 came when Lewandowski was suspended for Dortmund's match against Real, which they lost 0-3 with Auba not having the best of games and that was that. In the return leg he was benched for 82 minutes in favour of Großkreutz and Jojic.
The following summer Dortmund actually bought two strikers and if Immobile had come anywhere close to performing as well as he does in Italy that probably would've been the end of Aubameyang at Dortmund. But Ciro flopped and Ramos had a slow start, so Auba still got another chance and made good use of it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Lukaku is even worse than the current Wayne Rooney, never mind Aubabayang.

cyberman

This is such a foolish argument it’s mind blowing people believe it holds any merit. Like, you really sit at home and think this makes sense?
His attempts at leaving Dortmund was embarrassing though? Nobody wanted him despite his efforts to leave, even Arsene stayed away until Sanchez forced his hand.
Especially in a market that had a lack of top strikers last summer.
How far down the list were Arsenal when he tried to force a move last summer? Maybe top 10?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His attempts at leaving Dortmund was embarrassing though? Nobody wanted him despite his efforts to leave, even Arsene stayed away until Sanchez forced his hand.
Especially in a market that had a lack of top strikers last summer.
How far down the list were Arsenal when he tried to force a move last summer? Maybe top 10?
The thing is like Cavani, Aubameyang isn't a player that the very best teams want. By very best teams I'm talking about Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and you can add City due to Guardiola, he is purely a goalscorer and the best teams want more from their strikers, particularly when you take into account his age and potential fee. In the end the only top teams that could go for him were Juventus and Arsenal, Juventus chose Higuain. I don't mention United because he clearly doesn't fit into Mourinho's or LVG's game plans.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you're comparing like for like I'd say PEA's style is more similar to Alexis than Lukaku e.g. floating off main striker role out wide and around edge of the box.

Was Alexis style most suited for Mourinho or was it the club just taking opportunity to sign proven premier league player from a major rival?

Would Man. United fans have rather signed Alexis or Aubameyang in January?

el3mel

If you're comparing like for like I'd say PEA's style is more similar to Alexis than Lukaku e.g. floating off main striker role out wide and around edge of the box.

Was Alexis style most suited for Mourinho or was it the club just taking opportunity to sign proven premier league player from a major rival?

Would Man. United fans have rather signed Alexis or Aubameyang in January?
What are you talking about lol. I'm comparing both Lukaku and Auba as number 9 strikers. They both have very different style of play and Mourinho favors the Lukaku type striker as he builds the play on the balls he sets to the other teammates and occupies defenders to free spaces rather than a runner who keeps running behind defenders to receive long balls/through passes and score them himself. There's no problem in both players it's just which manager you have prefer to play with and Mourinho prefers the Lukaku type. There's no point comparing both in our case then.

Alexis hasn't played as a striker for Mourinho so far and he's not going to. You can see how Rashford fails miserably under Mourinho as a striker because he's not suited for what Mourinho wants from his number 9 and Rashford is basically a poor man's Auba.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not sure the player comparisons are that comparable that's all, I would say Lacazette-Lukaku would be more accurate comparison given Laca stays central far more than Auba and plays on the shoulder of CBs more.

el3mel

Not sure the player comparisons are that comparable that's all, I would say Lacazette-Lukaku would be more accurate comparison given Laca stays central far more than Auba and plays on the shoulder of CBs more.
On this I agree.

herbert

Aubameyang is a big game bottler and is a perfect fit for arsenal.
Define "big games". I remember him scoring plenty against teams like Bayern and Real. He also scored in two cup finals.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
PEA's celebration blows Lukaku out of the water. He's definitely better.

NoPace

The thing is like Cavani, Aubameyang isn't a player that the very best teams want. By very best teams I'm talking about Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and you can add City due to Guardiola, he is purely a goalscorer and the best teams want more from their strikers, particularly when you take into account his age and potential fee. In the end the only top teams that could go for him were Juventus and Arsenal, Juventus chose Higuain. I don't mention United because he clearly doesn't fit into Mourinho's or LVG's game plans.
I think this is partly correct but I don't think Lewandowski does a ton more in the buildup than Aubameyang despite having a better first touch and aerial ability. A paltry 13 assists in 4 years in the league for Bayern despite having a ton of talent around him and them being far and away the best team in the league would seem to back that up.

And while Benzema is twice the all-around footballer and was brilliant in the CL final last year, I think Aubameyang scoring an extra 15 goals a year would compensate for his issues, though who knows if he'd fall out with Cristiano and if the ridiculous Madrid fans would be fine with his misses and being just okay at linking up.

I like Aubameyang to win the Prem top scorer next year and will likely bet it, if only because he's not playing in the WC (And Aguero, Kane, Lukaku and Morata (right?) and Salah are) and he'll have a full season with Ozil and his old mate Mkhitaryan setting him up, and Arsenal players realizing they finally have a striker looking to poach for goals.