Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

InfiniteBoredom

I would be happy with this signing provided we don't get rinsed by Levy, the exact profile of players we need, if not the quality, but he can yet improve and even as he is still better than what we currently have as Casemiro's back up or defensive partner.

Giggsyking

He is a good short-term option to have till our ownership issues are not sorted. Let us get serious guys. Till the time Glazers are not booted out, we are going to be cash-strapped and looking at bargains and PL reliable seniors. Hojberg had a decent last season, PL proven and could be a better option than Gravenbach. I would like Casemiro to play slightly further as I think he has good output numbers in him and having Hojberg behind him doing the dirty work will help that. I am all in for this transfer as once the CL games start, along with the December-January schedule, we will need a good bench.
Why cant he do the dirty work at Tottenham? Isnt he good enough?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maybe we should have kept Fred if the option is these average players.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Just from a positional perspective, we need a Casemiro backup. Not long before he’s injured given how tired he looks by 75-80 minutes.

Don’t see why we’ll be pushing for Amrabat over Hojberg, until we sell someone in the #8 position ie. Van de Beek or McTominay

I think the club felt either of those 2 would be sold till now, that’s why the drawn out Amrabat links but I can see teams don’t want to play hardball with united, instead look for cheaper players elsewhere.

Dr. StrangeHate

I would be happy with this signing provided we don't get rinsed by Levy, the exact profile of players we need, if not the quality, but he can yet improve and even as he is still better than what we currently have as Casemiro's back up or defensive partner.
He is 28 and picking out coffins as we speak.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a very good player. Just because the new coach doesn't rate him, doesn't mean he's become shite. Reminds me of the Digne situation.

Loan him or pay them about 20 mil., just get it done!
Much better player than McTominay and in midfield i'd much rather have him than Mount.

Lyng

I dont think Højbjerg is good enough to be honest. But the idea that he is a worse player than Amrabat is mad. Their passing stats are very close and while Amrabat is slightly better at tackling, Højbjerg is better in every other defensive stat, including aerials. Both are decidedly worse than Fred though.

MiracleInMadrid

I like Højbjerg. Hardworking, no fear on or off the ball, has a good shot on him.

But is he the sort of player we need? I see him as the same type Casemiro, more than a disciplined defensive midfielder. Haven't watched him too much at Spurs, but when he's playing for the national team he's usually play besides are more defensive midfielder. He likes to get around the field.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Always hated him every time we played them (a compliment to him). Surprisingly press resistant, annoying defensive presence for opponents, great at winning the ball back, PL proven - and sometimes scores too, think he is a smart signing for cover. Provides a lot of tactical flexibility to United.

To everyone saying "Oh well if he's so good why does Spurs want rid of him?" it's because he expressed that he wanted to leave this summer and has been trying to secure a transfer to Atletico for months. Obviously when a key player expresses to a new manager that they want to leave, it's not a great idea to make him a part of your long term planning.

Good player, PL experience, good age, position of need, workhorse, loved by his former managers, been a leader in the dressing room at two consecutive clubs now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe we should have kept Fred if the option is these average players.
Tbf, average though I think he is, profile-wise Hojbjerg would be cover for Casemiro in a way Fred never was. Swapping an average non-DM for an average DM would in itself be a help, even if somewhat underwhelming.

Mike Smalling

There is a lot of underrating of Højbjerg going on in this thread, in my opinion. He is a better player than both Fred and McTominay.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whatever about cover for Casemiro, there's something actively wrong with anyone who would ever want to see Hojberg paired with him. That midfield would be poison.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I really hope this is newspaper nonsense. He's ban ordinary and not really an upgrade on Scotty

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Whatever about cover for Casemiro, there's something actively wrong with anyone who would ever want to see Hojberg paired with him. That midfield would be poison.
I'd have agreed with you, but in an effort to cope with the last few days of the window and all the shite we'll be linked with, I looked up his stats...

I thought he was basically a pure midfield destroyer, but his passing and possession stats are actually shockingly decent:

He's not exactly going to be Frenkie de Jong, but he's really not too far from the profile of the player you'd want between Casemiro and Bruno at all.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Another nothing player. Spurs will be happy to move on.

And they are fans who think United are competent in the transfer market.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't see how getting involved with Daniel Levy with 3 days left in the window can result in a positive outcome.

RedorDead21

Change in manager probably. The new one does not fancy him I am assuming.
Similar to how Poch made his mind up about mount without ever seeing him once in training…but we seen something he didn’t…and the guy loved deli Ali who had a similar skill set…Maybe we ain’t so great at judging.