g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pitch Invasion Challenge

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
A few lads having a bit of craic that's all and I thought it was fierce funny especially when the first lad entered the pitch, the head on the fecker tearing around the place. There was no one hurt nor no harm was done so I don't know why there was a big hullabaloo about it today on the news.

kotha

Is this a thing now?? :houllier: Can't believe they had to suspend the match due to these idiots,hope it doesn't catch on..

Hal9000

A few lads having a bit of craic that's all and I thought it was fierce funny especially when the first lad entered the pitch, the head on the fecker tearing around the place. There was no one hurt nor no harm was done so I don't know why there was a big hullabaloo about it today on the news.
Think it's because the shirts they are wearing 'BassBuds' is a sponsor associated with Spurs. So at the time it seemed like it could be something an official sponsor for Spurs had planned.

The company has released a statement now though. https://twitter.com/bassbudsfc

Manucho the boss

Is this a thing now?? :houllier: Can't believe they had to suspend the match due to these idiots,hope it doesn't catch on..
Jail time is the only thing that would make sure people don't risk it. I like how Soldado was having none of them, good take down by Dembele too. In other games players have been sent off for engaging the pitch invader though, there seems to be no common sense regarding this rule with some refs.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Jail time is the only thing that would make sure people don't risk it.
Might be no harm to leave whatever space is left in the jails for real criminals.

Court and make them pay a few quid into the courts poor box or towards a local charity or something might be more in line, slap on the wrist.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nathan can sure move for a big guy.

Manucho the boss

Might be no harm to leave whatever space is left in the jails for real criminals.

Court and make them pay a few quid into the courts poor box or towards a local charity or something might be more in line, slap on the wrist.
What if they make more money from their advertising than the fine?

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
The first guy is hilarious. Manages to stay on for quite some time too.

Jerch

When third guy was comming on the guard was trying to stop him and fell right on his face. I couldn't stopped laughing.

good take down by Dembele too.
:nono:Players shouldn't do that. there are others around the pitch who are responsible for taking them off the pitch.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The first guy was great, stayed on forever.

A lad I went to school with is a massive Everton supporter and when they came over to the States a few years ago for preseason he went down to see them and ran on the pitch. Think he had to spend a night in jail and like a $10k bail. Said it was worth it though.

Sir A1ex

How long do the stewards take to even start trying to catch the first bloke? For about 60 seconds there's just one guy in a suite after him!

Tbh, I don't really see what's funny about some guys running around on a football pitch. I'm not particularly outraged, but if I'd paid money to go see the match my feeling would be that I wish they'd just feck off and let the match continue. Every once in a while does no harm, but if this sort of organised, repeat invasion became the norm I'd be pissed off.

Raw

We should sign the first guy, he's been on the pitch longer than Falcao has all season.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
:houllier:

So we have 3 at Spurs....6 at OT...a dozen at Anfield and who knows where it ends.

Dickheads like this need to stay off the pitch.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Anyone remember Schmikes taking out a Turkish pitch invader and getting death threats over it?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
People pay good money to watch a game of football, it completely disrupts the game so some dickhead can run around like a moron for 60 seconds. I don't find it the slightest bit amusing, it wasn't funny 20 years ago and its not funny now.

Gopher Brown

People pay good money to watch a game of football, it completely disrupts the game so some dickhead can run around like a moron for 60 seconds. I don't find it the slightest bit amusing, it wasn't funny 20 years ago and its not funny now.
Agreed. It has to be zero tolerance because any sort of attitude which suggests, 'oh, get out of here, you scamps!' is green light to more idiots who think they can have an influence on a game. Spectators are there to watch, and no matter how much they might feel 'part of the club' you aren't. It's an illusion. They're there to watch the outrageous skills of Michael Dawson and Andy Sinton.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I thought everyone loved Trollstations pranks? Why all the hate suddenly.

Skizzo

The first guy was great, stayed on forever.

A lad I went to school with is a massive Everton supporter and when they came over to the States a few years ago for preseason he went down to see them and ran on the pitch. Think he had to spend a night in jail and like a $10k bail. Said it was worth it though.
Was this during the penalty shootout against Juve in San Francisco by any chance?

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Exactly, but it's usually a prick with a bit of drink on him but these three absolute fannies actually planned and taped it.......twats!

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Players should be allowed to tackle any pitch invaders.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
People that do his sort of thing are just drop kicks. Just ruins things for everyone else. Hope they cop a big fine and a night in jail for it.