PL Weekend Fixtures 17/10/20 - 19/10/20

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not even sure Moutinho committed the foul yet alone deserved a yellow for it :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
No less than wolves deserve.
Been head and shoulders above Leeds this second half.

Sara125

I always forget the rule...are goals like that given to the attacker rather than og since it was on target anyway?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leeds missed their chance first half, needed to score. Fizzled out for them since the break.

If Wolves hold on they'd have won 3/5 so actually a much better start than last season for them. I agree it seems they have peaked as a squad but still a pretty difficult team for anyone to play against bar their disaster game v West Ham.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Leeds missed their chance first half, needed to score. Fizzled out for them since the break.

If Wolves hold on they'd have won 3/5 so actually a much better start than last season for them. I agree it seems they have peaked as a squad but still a pretty difficult team for anyone to play against bar their disaster game v West Ham.
They bore everybody into submission, then second half the other team is half asleep.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
We could do with Conor Coady right now. Fantastic bit of transfer business from Rodgers there letting that one slip under the radar for a pittance. 500K to Huddersfield.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We could do with Conor Coady right now. Fantastic bit of transfer business from Rodgers there letting that one slip under the radar for a pittance. 500K to huddersfield.
I've liked him for a while, odd that it took so long for him to get England recognition. You'd imagine he'd love to return to your lot if given the option

Wayne's World

We could do with Conor Coady right now. Fantastic bit of transfer business from Rodgers there letting that one slip under the radar for a pittance. 500K to Huddersfield.
I think he's one of the centre-backs that can only play in a three man defence. Similar to Maguire and Doherty at Spurs. Suits them far more then playing what 4

DRM

How is Martials slap on cuntela worse than what Jimenez just did?? fecking standard of referring in this country

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How has Jimenez not been sent off for that kick out?

Myrecks

so how is Martials tap on the face to Lamela a red, but Jimenez full force kick out is nothing? What in gods name is going on with VAR?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I saw him live on loan at Sheffield United when they played Walsall in league one and he was very much a defensive midfielder in those days. Pretty sure he still played there for Wolves right up until Nuno joined so credit to him for changing him and Matt Doherty's positions and improving them massively.

RUCK4444

so how is Martials tap on the face to Lamela a red, but Jimenez full force kick out is nothing? What in gods name is going on with VAR?
It's SHITE. Pure, one hundred percent, unadulterated, 24 carat, cast iron, SHITE.

It's not getting better it's getting worse. Never needed in the first place. Absolute stain on the game.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I've liked him for a while, odd that it took so long for him to get England recognition. You'd imagine he'd love to return to your lot if given the option
I would think so but he cost a fortune now, just signed a 5 year deal after his first England cap last month. We should have tried our hand for him around the time we were negotiating for Jota before he renewed but we didn't feel the need for a centre back...
I think he's one of the centre-backs that can only play in a three man defence. Similar to Maguire and Doherty at Spurs. Suits them far more then playing what 4
I agree I don't know if he'd work in Klopp's system but he originally a defensive midfielder switched to centre back, somewhat a similar role Fabinho will have to play a lot more from now on.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I saw him live on loan at Sheffield United when they played Walsall in league one and he was very much a defensive midfielder in those days. Pretty sure he still played there for Wolves right up until Nuno joined so credit to him for changing him and Matt Doherty's positions and improving them massively.
Yeah he was originally a defensive midfielder all the way through our youth teams. When Rodgers came in he was all for giving our youth players a chance in the Europa league and cups but I don't think he favoured him in a 4-3-3 and that was the system he wanted to go with the following season. Obviously he was young at the time but he had Gerrard, Henderson, and Leiva in his way. Coady wasn't one of these youth kids to sit around waiting either and let the wages come in doing nothing. He genuinely is one of those players that wants progress somewhere in his development and thats what he's done.