Platini arrested - suspicions of corruption in the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar

Giggsyking

Real Madrid, PSG, Siteh, even Barcelona clubs took advantage of the corrupt system.

forevrared

Surprised & delighted that they've not been able to swindle their way out of trouble again. feck FIFA.

Ace of Spades

feck FIFA and feck UEFA, both corrupt organisations that should have been punished long ago.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Is it too late for them to just move the 2022 World Cup? It has already been responsible for 771,456 scandals already.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Good. Charge the cnut and all his corrupt cronies with manslaughter too for all the senseless deaths in building the stadiums.

Giggsyking

Platini in 2008

He singled out Chelsea and United – collective debt £1.5bn – for criticism. "It is a never-ending search for money, leading to the proposal of a 39th fixture abroad," Platini said. "Look at Chelsea and Manchester United's debt. Fifa and Uefa have to do something to combat that, because today the ones who cheat are going on to win. Is Champions League success built around who has the most money? I think so. It is run on credit now and it annoys me. We have to find ways to help other clubs sort out their problems. Defeat must no longer mean financial disaster. We have to find the means, together with the European Club Association, to help clubs sort out their financial problems."

SER19

This is the most shocking and unexpected story I have ever seen in my life I just can't believe it who would have thought oh my heart

Mike Smalling

Great stuff!

Is there still time to fix the 2022 World Cup by moving it to the summer and letting a proper nation host it?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm truly shocked. I, for one, would never have dreamed anyone associated with FIFA or UEFA to be corrupt

Milo2035

Nah. Every host bribed Uefa and Fifa. America and Saudi allies are jumping Iran and Qatar so this is no good news at all.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He hasn't exactly been arrested, there is a french investigation and he is auditioned.

Devil77

Please! Let there be some truth in this and strip Qatar of the WC. Put it in a real footballing country and host it in the SUMMER.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He hasn't exactly been arrested, there is a french investigation and he is auditioned.
Fecking hell it's quite concerning they can't even get the basics right. When you read that article in the OP they're adamant he's been arrested, even adding this in the end:

"The report also claims that Claude Gueant, who formerly advised ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy as Secretary General, has also been taken in for questioning but has not been arrested" - (---> unlike Platini)

Presumably they've got some pretty rock solid evidence to have actually gone out and brought him into custody. Hope he rots in jail.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fecking hell it's quite concerning they can't even get the basics right. When you read that article in the OP they're adamant he's been arrested, even adding this in the end:

"The report also claims that Claude Gueant, who formerly advised ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy as Secretary General, has also been taken in for questioning but has not been arrested" - (---> unlike Platini)
Neither are arrested the difference is that Guéant can refuse to be auditioned while Platini can't. The audition will maybe determine what will happen later.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
They should sack the Qatar World Cup off then. What a shambles.