Player of the Month

MoneyMay

Right, I'll the leave the song choice open for you guys to discuss. Does anyone have a great song in mind? I'm free from 4:00 tomorrow, so this video will be released this week.

MoneyMay

Yep, so the current system is somewhat working. I think Rooney was, by some distance, our player of the month. Still looking for a song. Help is appreciated, as per.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not quite Player of the Month - but the United website are running a Goal of The Month competition.... with the tagline "Pick from Septembers top eight strikes and you could win a signed photo"

Total number of goals scored in September?... 9. :lol:

MoneyMay

Good song for the Rooney comp? I'm almost done. Just got clips to cut from the Manchester City and West Brom games.

MoneyMay

Man of the match vs Shakhtar:

Rafael: 35
Vidic - 33
Carrick: 16
Cleverley: 14
De Gea: 13
Smalling: 8
Evra: 3
Welbeck: 1`

Using the old system... There's a flaw, as Vidic was by far and away our best player. Using the "new" system:

Vidic: 90
Rafael: 68
Carrick: 29
Cleverley: 22
De Gea: 21
Smalling: 14
Evra: 6
Welbeck: 1

Much more reliable, it seems.

MoneyMay

Man of the match vs Sunderland:

Januzaj: 188
De Gea: 56
Carrick: 43
Nani: 27
Cleverley: 17
Rafael: 12
Jones: 10

MoneyMay

Overall ratings for October thus far:

Januzaj: 188
Rafael: 80
Carrick: 72
De Gea: 77
Cleverley: 39
Nani: 27
Jones: 10

Brightonian

Just rewatched that Rooney video. I have to say, in a month where the team really struggled at times, that's an absolutely top class month of football from Rooney.

It also reminds you that while we've had some bad results, we've also played some really nice football at times.

MoneyMay

Just rewatched that Rooney video. I have to say, in a month where the team really struggled at times, that's an absolutely top class month of football from Rooney.

It also reminds you that while we've had some bad results, we've also played some really nice football at times.

Yeah, he was immense. According to Opta, his average pass length is the highest in the league thus far. Tells you everything you need to know about his start IMO.

kf

Great work MoneyMay... you've got the job! Excellent video, shows how Rooney has been working his socks off which is the biggest reason why the fans at Old Trafford are giving him loads of vocal support. No matter what anyone thinks of him or what his motives might be, he's back to concentrating on his football, enjoying playing and delivering the goods on the pitch. It's interesting to see that as well as the goals, a lot of his good work is in midfield....

Brightonian

Yeah, he was immense. According to Opta, his average pass length is the highest in the league thus far. Tells you everything you need to know about his start IMO.
I've always thought that Scholes probably had a bigger influence on his game than any striker he played with or even any coach/manager at United. The 'midfield' parts of his game are so very Scholes-esque, particularly the way he can ping out those massive diagonals on a whim, as if it's nothing.

MoneyMay

Man of the match vs Southampton:

Evans: 94
Januzaj: 42
Carrick: 39
Jones: 30
Nani: 13

Januzaj: 230
Carrick: 111
Evans: 94
Rafael: 80
De Gea: 77
Nani: 40
Jones: 40
Cleverley: 39

MoneyMay

Man of the match vs Real Sociedad:

Rooney: 181
Kagawa: 118
Giggs: 71
Evans: 28
Valencia: 14
Jones: 11
Carrick: 8
Hernandez: 1

Man of the match vs Stoke City:

Rooney: 92
De Gea: 62
Januzaj: 30
Carrick: 12
Hernandez: 4
Evra: 5

Rooney: 273
Januzaj: 260
De Gea: 149
Carrick: 131
Kagawa: 118

MoneyMay

Thanks, mate. Cut off the rest, made it top 5. Looks like it's Rooney again.

Hopefully, Januzaj plays vs. Norwich so he can claim it. Deserves it more. One of the problems of the voting system.

MoneyMay

Maybe you can have a 'Young Talent of the Month' and give it to Januzaj every month ;)

Good work mate!
Januzaj is our player of the month for October. Deserved.

I'm trying to find the Norwich game in HD. If anyone can link me to it, so I can have all the clips I need, then that would be great!

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Januzaj is our player of the month for October. Deserved.

I'm trying to find the Norwich game in HD. If anyone can link me to it, so I can have all the clips I need, then that would be great!

Also, rather than adding all the votes together, you should IMO award points after each game to the top 5 players. 5 for the top, 4 for the second, etc...

That way, if someone plays well in a match lots of people happen to vote on, he doesn't get an advantage over someone playing well in a game not so highly rated or watched.

MoneyMay

94+28 puts Evans in the top 5, no?
Yeah, he should be ahead of Kagawa, but I remember getting mixed up with the points. Nonetheless, he's had a solid month.

Also, rather than adding all the votes together, you should IMO award points after each game to the top 5 players. 5 for the top, 4 for the second, etc...

That way, if someone plays well in a match lots of people happen to vote on, he doesn't get an advantage over someone playing well in a game not so highly rated or watched.
That's the system I'm currently using. It's 3 points for first, 2 points for second, and 1 point for third.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Rooney - Player of the Month (September):

Firstly, that is the first video I have watched all the way through in a long time, very impressed, well done.

I love how you managed to cut the clips to really make him look better, the song early on especially goes very well with the play and I liked the fading to the commentary.

On Rooney: So shocked how quick he is at 4:18 really worth re-watching at him pass and move and pull away from the other players... His free kicks and passing as well look particularly crisp...Genuinely surprised me seeing it all together as I saw each of the games individually and I didn't think he was THAT good, very impressed again...

MoneyMay

Thanks, Jay.

Hopefully the Januzaj video will be better, but I'm still searching for Norwich (HD) clips. Even highlights will do for now.