Player of the Season vote

Well...

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

United Hobbit

Apologies if there's a thread already, feel free to merge!

Anyone really struggling to think of anyone?

If there was a "no-one" option I'd be very inclined to pick that. Should be cancelled after such a poor season, it's unacceptable for Manchester United to be finishing 8th.

The only ones who have any slight credibility imo are Mainoo, Garnacho, Bruno and maybe Dalot but even they've gone into a rut (I know Bruno is injured)

Raw

Probably Dalot. Only one that's been a first team regular and that hasn't gone through months of being shite. Mainoo too but he only started regularly like half way through.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Has to be Bruno, but it's slim pickings this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Dalot for me too, probably.

UpWithRivers

Maguire. Considering the sht he took. Dropped as Captain. Still has probably been the only consistent performer all season. He has tried to stabilise us and lead while the whole fking place is burning. Wont be even considered because everyone just hates him with a furious anger.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Player of the season: Bruno
Young player of the season: Mainoo
Goal of the season: Garnacho
End of the season: Thanks be to Christ

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Bruno the best of a bad lot.
Honorable mention to Dalot.

(Am I sort of rapping?)

Oranges038

I wouldn't award it to any of them.

Put it on a plint in the centre circle at OT this evening after the last home game, then put it to the players, go and pick it up if you think you've earned it.

United Hobbit

Johnny Evans has more consistent than one else just a pity Father Time got him
I would actually consider him, as he was presumably signed to be a back up and has been pretty consistent and professional, unlike the majority!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Bruno the best of a bad lot.
Honorable mention to Dalot.

(Am I sort of rapping?)
You are. Not bad. Especially if you pronounce Dalot to rhyme with evil plot. But I agree with your choice(s). Maguire deserves credit too, as other posters have said.

Red_Aaron

Garnacho first half of the season
Bruno for the second half

No one has been more than a 6/10 overall

Give it to Jonny Evans as a weird tribute to his first stint here

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bruno has put in too many terrible performances. Understandable if people have wiped them from their memory as no one wants to remember this season.

Maguire or Mainoo.

davidmichael

Dalot or Mainoo as they’re the only two to genuinely come out of the season with their reputation enhanced whilst Fernandes, Garnacho and Hojlund have had acceptable seasons.

Grande

For me it has to be between Onana, Maguire, Dalot, Bruno or Garnacho.

The most exciting for me has been Mainoo, without a doubt. Then Garnacho, and watching some of the best glimpses of Amad and Kambwala. But those five mentioned first have been more instrumental in our best play in total, in my opinion. None perfect, none having a great season, but it is what it is. The players can’t chose the conditions they work under. Dalot and Garnacho are having their personal best seasons IMO.

I think my ranking would be
1. Fernandes, 2. Onana, 3. Garnacho

Garnacho young player of the year.

Goal of the year is actually a quite good category this season. From a shady memory:

1. Garnacho vs Everton
2. Mainoo vs Liverpool
3. Amad vs Liverpool

IRN-BRUno

Dalot.

Never been a great fan of his, thought it was a terrible decision to give him a new contract but for the majority of this season he's done well. Still reasonably young too so hopefully he can continue progressing.

TrailMonkey

Dalot has probably been the most consistent, but even then maybe only a 7/10 player at best. I like his attitude too - he works hard, always looks to be involved and rallies others players.

Garnacho has probably given me the most excitement, but that's not saying much. He's developing for sure, obv makes mistakes etc but he's on the right trajectory.

Mainoo has obv been the breakthrough act but I can't make him POTS because he's only played for a few months.

Bruno blows too hot and cold.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Antony probably runs away with the most useless award. Onana in the top three but at least he's had some good moments.

What a shit season.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
There should be more shouts for Garnacho to be honest he was the difference maker early in the season and he's the only reason why we're only in eighth otherwise we'd be lower.

black country red

Maguire unwanted at the beginning of the season unwarranted abuse online stood up to it and had a decent season when all round were dropping like flies

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Dalot, then probably Mainoo and Garnacho. Bruno was terrible for big part of the season, I would pick even Evans ahead of him.

Marching On!

The state of this club when a right back with 1 goal and 3 assists is most people’s player of the year.

Unfortunately it’s probably true. I still think he’s average. Works hard (a rarity in this team) and is decent on the ball, but defensively he’s caught out of position and ball watches too much. We could do a lot better.

I’d scrap the main award. There isn’t one player who’s really stood out. Give Mainoo the young player of the year and finish early.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
Licha. Him missing was vital to our terrible season so he 'shaped' the performance mostly.

Not voting for best as it's been godawful.

Chumpsbechumps

Dalot , Bruno and Garnacho

Why are they always fit and the rest of the squad made of glass?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People are really underrating Bruno this season. He’s basically taken a side otherwise offering bottom-half performances to compete for European places. He’s been one of the best players in the league, but won’t get the recognition because of how much the players he has supplied have underperformed, and because the optics are that United have been dreadful.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Scanny

Dalot, Mainoo, Bruno, Garnacho.

Genuinely have ran their backsides off all season while others have shown no interest in hard work at all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
People are really underrating Bruno this season. He’s basically taken a side otherwise offering bottom-half performances to compete for European places. He’s been one of the best places in the league, but won’t get the recognition because of how much the players he has supplied have underperformed, and because the optics are that United have been dreadful.
Yep, Bruno has by far been our best player.

Dalot getting a lot of shouts, he's been decent to good - but has still made some terrible defensive errors and probably isn't in the top five or six right-backs in the league.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Probably Dalot. Only one that's been a first team regular and that hasn't gone through months of being shite. Mainoo too but he only started regularly like half way through.
Think he had a couple of months building up to Christmas where he was poor in a lot of games.

Not a particularly easy pick this year.