Players at clubs way beneath their level?

TheReligion

Abusive
I mean, yeah, that, but I’m also kinda tired of people over playing our current level and general “decline” as some sort of epic Shakespearean fall from grace. So far our disastrous post Fergie existence has seen us go a whopping 2 seasons without silverware (one if you include the annual North London Top 4 trophy), picking up both Domestic cups and a never before won European trophy (making us one of only 5 clubs to complete the set) and currently sees us 2nd in league position and goals scored only to a team half our fans seem prematurely ready to crown one of the greatest ever.

Even in a time of supposed unparalleled crisis, we’ve somehow managed to be the most successful English side of the last 4 years outside of the actual League winners, and still in the top 5 including them. As crisis’ go, it’s one any Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham fan would trade their own dick for. And even at our lowest did we have a season as bad as Chelsea in ‘16.

If anything, nothing proves the enduring elite status and ludicrously high standards of the club than the idea the last not-even-half decade of middling form and casual cup success has been some kind of mega brand damaging disaster. Paul Pogba left a serial league winning CL finalist as the World’s most expensive player to re-join a club worse off than when he left. In no way is he punching below his weight. Let alone Martial.
Great post

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I don't agree with the thinking behind some of these mentions. For me, a player under 22 with only 1 or 2 good seasons behind him is not really at a club below his level. It's just the natural order of things that talented young players will get more time at smaller clubs with less pressure. He hasn't proven himself at top level either to claim he's playing at a club below his own level. I see 20yo Malcom in this list and I'm just shaking my head. I'd imagine back in the day the same people thought Depay was at a club below his level at PSV.

Players who have proven over 4-5 years their consistent quality, those are the ones that can claim to be at clubs below their level. Especially if they have proven themselves at top level for another team too.
Naming someone like Malcolm makes more sense than the people here naming Pogba, De Gea, Alexis Sanchez, Insigne, Kane, Ozil,Hazard, etc

Giggsy92

Neves is the obvious one, even if Wolves go up. They've got a few other players who look too good for the Championship but they're mostly on loan so don't really count. Would have said Grosicki's another who should be playing in a higher division at the start of the season but he's been in and out of the Hull team, think he'll be moving on in January so will interesting to see where he ends up.

MadMike

Naming someone like Malcolm makes more sense than the people here naming Pogba, De Gea, Alexis Sanchez, Insigne, Kane, Ozil,Hazard, etc
No, it doesn't. Neither of them make sense.

Hernandez at West Ham, Mahrez at Leicester... these are the kind of mentions that make sense.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No, it doesn't. Neither of them make sense.

Hernandez at West Ham, Mahrez at Leicester... these are the kind of mentions that make sense.
Hernandez is not a level above players at West Ham right now. And I think Malcolm is not the type of talent you would expect on the 15th placed team in Ligue 1.