Players leaving at HT vs Real Vallecano

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Figured this should have its own thread seeing as it wasn't just Ronaldo

All players dropped from the match day squad v Brighton?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Do we have a full list of players or actually was? I believe Dalot was one of them?

Trex

No chance unless you want to loss vs Brighton, they should be fined. Bigger fine for the player/s in that was in the match day squad.

Chief123

Figured this should have its own thread seeing as it wasn't just Ronaldo

All players dropped from the match day squad v Brighton?
The only player confirmed to have left the ground who was in the match day squad is Ronaldo.

MrSingh2002

feck them all. If it's players vs Ten Hag. Hopefully the club don't make the same mistake as with Jose and Ralf.

R'hllor

Oh what a surprise, such a out of character thing for our lovely bunch.

Azhar88

Apparently they left early to beat the traffic. Well we all do that, don't we?

Or maybe they wanted to watch Englands' women beat Germany, in the pub round the corner!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Weird that the club said it was sanctioned and now Ten Hag has said it was unacceptable. Doesn't need to become a bigger issue but players need to get onside with Ten Hag or f*ck off.

MrSingh2002

He was shite on Sunday anyway in the friendly. Was there in person and he's a shell of his former self. Work on the future instead.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
In the interview he seems to say there were multiple players who left early.

However, given that several players weren't at OT at all, it seems a bit odd if ETH expected those who weren't in the squad (but attended the match) not to leave early.

Ronaldo is in another category: he was in the squad, and as such ETH would - of course - expect him to stick around unless he was given permission to leave (which he wasn't).

So - is he actually referring to other match squad members (other than Ronaldo) leaving early?

theatreofdreams777

ten Hag is playing with fire if he really wants to keep Ronaldo. The guy is not only going to be a poison in the dressing room individually when he doesn't play; he'll probably influence the other players (especially the portuguese speaking ones) and another dressing room polarization/camping is the last thing we need.

I hope ten Hag isn't that naive to think otherwise. Just marginalize him and let him go. He shouldn't be the talking point throughtout the season.

Someone

Something
Read that it was Ronaldo, Martial, and Dalot. I wouldn't go as far as dropping them because that hurts us more than it hurts them. I'd just make it clear for them that it wasn't acceptable and move on. No need to start the season with so much drama.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I think it was @Pogue Mahone in the other thread who rightfully pointed out a key difference in players not in the squad leaving early and the one who was playing leaving

either way if they were all meant to stay each should be fined but its clear which one was mostly in the wrong

Trex

Its more like they did something ETH didn't like but innocuously, but in the case of a player who is in the match day squad then that goes without saying.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

However, given that several players weren't at OT at all, it seems a bit odd if ETH expected those who weren't in the squad (but attended the match) not to leave early.

Ronaldo is in another category: he was in the squad, and as such ETH would - of course - expect him to stick around unless he was given permission to leave (which he wasn't).

So - is he actually referring to other match squad members (other than Ronaldo) leaving early?
Yeah, that has me a bit confused too. I think it’s possible he was trying to defuse the whole “ETH vs Ronaldo” shit show in the media if he acknowledged that Ronaldo was the only player from the matchday squad to leave early. Saying “there were others” makes his comments feel like less of a personal attack on Ronaldo.

Chief123

Dalot was literally right next to him
Was Dalot in the match squad? Not sure, but if he was, he should be reprimanded as well.

God i hope Ronaldo leaves UTD.

Read that it was Ronaldo, Martial, and Dalot. I wouldn't go as far as dropping them because that hurts us more than it hurts them. I'd just make it clear for them that it wasn't acceptable and move on. No need to start the season with so much drama.
Ronaldo was the only player in the squad who left at half-time. He was the only player substituted at half-time. It would be extremely stupid for any of the other players in the match day squad to leave at half time when they could be required in the second half.

This was the squad.

Manchester United XI:
Heaton, Laird, Varane, Martinez, Telles, Garner, Van de Beek, Eriksen, Chong, Garnacho, Ronaldo
Manchester United Subs:
Bishop, Kovar, Bailly, Fish, Wellens, Hannibal, Shoretire, Hansen, Savage, Iqbal, Amad, McNeill

Chief123

Yeah, that has me a bit confused too. I think it’s possible he was trying to defuse the whole “ETH vs Ronaldo” shit show in the media if he acknowledged that Ronaldo was the only player from the matchday squad to leave early.
He was definitely trying to defuse it without creating more Ronaldo drama. Ronaldo was the only one subbed off. The substitutes aren’t just going to suddenly go home at half time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully it's not a thing for those who weren't part of the squad. But either way - they should get a talking to. Disappointed in Bruno, martial and Dalot if true, but not surprised as the 2 Portuguese guys can easily be swayed by Ronaldo as they idolize him, and Martial is good friends with Bruno, so that's how that probably happened. Hopefully though they understand they fecked up and then hopefully Ten Hag leaves out Ronaldo from the squad entirely.

Trex

Is this what they used to do? If not, why would they think it was ok?
They came to watch as spectators though, they played the previous day in a different country.
Ronaldo though is different.

Rustyspider13

I don't think players who weren't in the squad did anything wrong by leaving early in a friendly match, but I can understand if EtH mandates that you stay with the team even if you're selected to play or not. It's a teambuilding thing and the players should respect the manager's decision and accept any disciplinary action without fuss.

Chief123

Hopefully it's not a thing for those who weren't part of the squad. But either way - they should get a talking to. Disappointed in Bruno, martial and Dalot if true, but not surprised as the 2 Portuguese guys can easily be swayed by Ronaldo as they idolize him, and Martial is good friends with Bruno, so that's how that probably happened. Hopefully though they understand they fecked up and then hopefully Ten Hag leaves out Ronaldo from the squad entirely.
I have a feeling the non-playing Utd players who were just watching the game were probably given permission by a club official (coaches possibly) that they could leave early if they wished. Ronaldo probably took it upon himself to leave too. That’s where the 2 conflicting stories may have developed from.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Saying “there were others” makes his comments feel like less of a personal attack on Ronaldo.
Yes - that's what I suggested in the other thread.

The interviewer says: Ronaldo left early - and ETH responds with saying there were others too.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think Ronaldo was the only one who played, so thats different.
What a fecking drama circus this club still is.