Players suffering under Rangnick

LazyGoal

James is the only one on that list that isn't on the club's books still in some capacity, and from the subs Shaw, Dalot, Greenwood, Baily and Lingard are still here. There is a lot of deadwood still to go!
Well, that was not the point. That was our starting XI. How does our starting XI and bench look like now?

Other than that I agree that the squad is to big and need better balance.

Walters_19_MuFc

Its almost as if he's planning for the long term, rather than just ''doing a job''.

When Carrick was in, he played to like he was an interim, in that he played a system and personnel depending on the opposition. Some would argue that's what managers are meant to do, but it seems RR wants to really push the 4222. He wants to master it with the team we currently have, but that won't happen in 6 months. Not even Pep and Klopp did that - at least not to the highest level, when they first arrived. He'd need his own signings, time and a chance to really know and understand the players.

As I said, it feels very long term thinking, rather than, let's just getting a job done in the short term. Hopefully, it doesn't backfire.

That being said, despite three questionable performances, we are still undefeated under him. Long may that continue.

Ixion

Well, that was not the point. That was our starting XI. How does our starting XI and bench look like now?

Other than that I agree that the squad is to big and need better balance.
Bruno and Varane when fit are nice additions but I find it hard to judge the rest because Cavani will definitely be gone next season and I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo is too so I tend to look at it through the eyes that our current starting XI is temporary. I think this time next year we'll look quite different, new forwards and midfielders and a completely different bench after Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Jones, Henderson, DVB, and Martial are gone.

LazyGoal

Fully agree. This season isnt about league position, its about preparing for next (and the foreseeable)

That starts now with getting the attitude right. As fans, we can do our little bit by being prepared to back the manager, to help give him the authority he needs to be ruthless.
I dont agree at all. We have a manager for just this season. This season should be only about this season. We have a good squad, and most said Ole should be challenging with this group. Well, its still the same players.

Next season is another animal. It will be a new manager and new play system. And the best we can do for next season is to get good results this season.

Last edited:

L1nk

Good. I hope they are suffering under him. I hope they are suffering more than has been reported, just as their extremely poor attitude has kept us suffering as fans for multiple seasons now. Over pampered children who think they’ve already made it as world class footballers because daddy Woodward kept saying ‘please stay please stay here’s a massively overinflated wage you haven’t earned in the slightest’ getting by on high fives and vibes with all their mates for multiple seasons and now they have to do some real work they complain? I wish the whole lot of them could have their contracts terminated in the summer, they genuinely make themselves a hateable squad, do they honestly think the fans are going to have any sympathy? Everyone can see how exposed they are now they can’t hide behind Ole, especially when Ralf wants us to play a specific way and they clearly aren’t bothering to

dinostar77

Forget about double training. If they are not delivering on the pitch then they should have even triple training.
I think it was Paulo DiCanio in his brief stint as a manager, who tried to implement a 9-5 day for his players. As a former player he knew how much free time they had and how much rest was needed so he wanted to use the free time to improve his players. I think he left or got sacked shortly afterwards, so we never got to see long term results. But I would be interested to know what difference a full working day would make for the players obviously with caveats for rest and recuperation pre and post matches.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We've got a team of bottlers whose work rate is at the pits. Our players are focused on many things (feeding the world, their hair, playing super heroes in Greece, humping pillows, orgies, etc) but not football. Meanwhile we leak like a sieve, former players keep saying that our players lack effort, commitment and professionalism (Gaz focuses on foreigners but some are more reasonable) and our players are increasingly thin skinned. There comes a time when even the wildest of rumours start sounding a bit too close to the truth.

Ixion

We've got a team of bottlers whose work rate is at the pits.
I think some fans still dont recognise this, we have a talented group but they have never shown they have the bottle for the biggest trophies. There are huge question marks over the mental strength of the players, most of which have never been in a title race. Big time Charlies.

DomM

I would just like to see the team play as an organised group, each player knowing and understanding how to play in their position, giving 100% effort, instead of this constant garbage we keep seeing. Our players are lazy and don't seem to give a shit, too many lose the ball and instantly give up, we get outworked by practically every team we face, it's embarrassing to think a team of our status performs so badly so often.

Guapa

We've got pussys on our payroll.Time for a major overhaul with a long term view at the expense of this season which is already gone.Spare nobody.It starts now with RR and either he stays on as manager(which I think will happen)or a manager that continues with the same philosophy and work ethic.The team ethic > star players.And if that means we lose at home tonight to f*cking Burnley to start the new dawn bring it on.New season starts May 23.(Speaking as a football supporter of course.Nothing is gonna change as long as the Glazers are in charge)

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think some fans still dont recognise this, we have a talented group but they have never shown they have the bottle for the biggest trophies. There are huge question marks over the mental strength of the players, most of which have never been in a title race. Big time Charlies.
In my opinion, United's biggest issue is our inability to handle a high staff turnover. We overpay in terms of salary which makes it difficult to get rid of players which in turn mean that a player who is underperforming remains at OT for a long long time Such player will lower standards at the club and would give an impression that at this club you can get away with anything.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Honestly everybody needs to get on the same page here. We've gone with Rangnick so need to trust him and that means being prepared to write off the rest of this season (while obviously trying to do as well as possible) since so many of our players are just not up to it in terms of the demands he places. There is no point in another era of trying to shoehorn players into something they're not. Weed them out and be ready for August
Agreed.

Amsterdam Devil

Its almost as if he's planning for the long term, rather than just ''doing a job''.

When Carrick was in, he played to like he was an interim, in that he played a system and personnel depending on the opposition. Some would argue that's what managers are meant to do, but it seems RR wants to really push the 4222. He wants to master it with the team we currently have, but that won't happen in 6 months. Not even Pep and Klopp did that - at least not to the highest level, when they first arrived. He'd need his own signings, time and a chance to really know and understand the players.

As I said, it feels very long term thinking, rather than, let's just getting a job done in the short term. Hopefully, it doesn't backfire.

That being said, despite three questionable performances, we are still undefeated under him. Long may that continue.
Tuchel did it in a couple of months. If there’s a lot to improve things can go fast. Although i don’t believe it will work with our squad.

Walters_19_MuFc

Tuchel did it in a couple of months. If there’s a lot to improve things can go fast. Although i don’t believe it will work with our squad.
He did, but he started with a 4231 - similar to what Lampard used to play, and identified straight away that it wasn't really suited to the personnel he had in his squad. It was only when he changed to a 343 that they looked a much better team.

Now, I'm not saying RR should change to a 343, but sooner or later, he will need to identify whether the 4222 is the best system for our squad.

OrcaFat

Nonsense. Both Jose and Ole were bums. In Ole’s case we often got results in spite of him.

in regards to Ragnick, players are humans, it’s an adjustment period, if they were used to these training drills it was always going to be a shock. Happens with organisational change anywhere, besides, Carrington has reportedly been closed for a substantial amount of time since Ragnick got here due to vivid outbreak. I don’t see anything about them supposedly throwing Ragnick under the bus.

Also, you people have to decide on one stance, either Ole left us in a good state with his “cultural reset” or he didn’t do much and said cultural reset is a myth and the players have poor attitudes and threw him under the bus
Ole left us in a somewhat better state than when he arrived. If the Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho money was spent on CM instead, Ole would probably still be here. The general attitude of the players, the squad morale etc was okay until we started losing all the time.

I don’t agree the players threw Ole under the bus, they just lost confidence in themselves and in the coaches, including Ole.

In the end, the players should have been doing better. As a group they were not ready to win the league and, in my opinion, once there was a general noise that Ole had to challenge for the league and win trophies, they took defeats very hard and got into a spiral they couldn’t get out of.

I’m fine with Ole taking all the blame for that. Most of the players he left behind will do him proud but we have to buy some fecking CMs.

Corridor of Uncertainty

This collection of players are very quickly becoming one of the most dislikeable bunch we've had for some time. And after the shit show of the last 5 or 6 years, that's quite an achievement.

Zero fight or application, just a load of whinging primadonnas finger pointing at one another, with no responsibility on show.

Really dislikeable.

Water Melon

This collection of players are very quickly becoming one of the most dislikeable bunch we've had for some time. And after the shit show of the last 5 or 6 years, that's quite an achievement.

Zero fight or application, just a load of whinging primadonnas finger pointing at one another, with no responsibility on show.

Really dislikeable.
I actually agree with this. Many thanks to Ed Woodward for handing out crazy contracts to players who do not deserve them. A flipping accountant, an owner's pet with hell of an ego managing football related affairs. What could have gone wrong?

salfordlad

I'm not convinced about how talented this group is. When a team is routinely getting run off the park by relegation fodder one has to question everything about the team and that includes the basic level of the talent in the squad.

IrishRedDevil

I’ll get much pleasure seeing the divas kicked out the door.

Good thing about Ralf being short term manager, is he can go in and cause havoc (in a good way). He isn’t there to make friends or tip toe around. When he eventually moves upstairs, he then has the perfect insight on how things run on a daily basis, as it will be his regime being followed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our players would do well to remember that Rangnick will be heading upstairs at the end of the season, he'll have Murtough's ear and players who just think they can coast by until a permanent manager comes in will have another thing coming.

NZT-One

He did, but he started with a 4231 - similar to what Lampard used to play, and identified straight away that it wasn't really suited to the personnel he had in his squad. It was only when he changed to a 343 that they looked a much better team.

Now, I'm not saying RR should change to a 343, but sooner or later, he will need to identify whether the 4222 is the best system for our squad.
I always thought, that this formation albeit not a common theme obviously, isn't a bad fit for out team at all. I mean, lets face it, we got rid of the only real winger in James and bought another one that kind of falls into that category in Sancho. The rest are strikers. It isn't like Rashford or Greenwood do anything of note on the wing, so why not employ two strikers and have two playmakers behind? Bruno is roaming anyways and tends to go up top as well, he can do just that while starting more from the left or right. I think, the formation isn't the issue at all, it may play a part but only a minor one. More importantly it is the non-existent threat on both our flanks (to be worked by our fullbacks) plus the ridiculous form of Bruno, Rashford and a few others. We have been outfought just like on monday under Ole a couple of times, and it isn't like we are trying to press or do anything fancy. All that Ralf seems to want to do, is bring some structure into our play, increase the speed of passes and make the best use of the threat we have in Ronaldo. Couple that with being solid at the back and we are good to go, no matter what formation in.

If we really have a rift in the team, we need to get everybody on the same side again without damaging egos when unnecessary. I don't think, Maguire is a great captain, but stripping him off that would be a mistake. I think, we will look a bit more dull today but more in control and we will try to build on that.

sp_107

You're not allowed to point this out.

Coincidentally does it seem odd to anyone else leaks always come out whenever Shaw is going through a bad spell or on the bench

Looks like you got a point here, Rashford/DDG were there since LVG but i dont think they 2 come across like some one leaks news to the media.

sp_107

Wondering what would have happened if Conte is namaging us ? he comes across a hard task master

croadyman

Spurs' sprinting stats have immediately and precipitously increased under him, and it's taken him almost no time to do that.
I'm hoping that by the time he comes to Old Trafford in March that Ralf has us playing more of a defined style

OhGee

The Players are struggling to adjust to Rangnick's later training sessions and left in the dark at 5pm on Tuesday - Chris Wheeler on United Training.

Ahhhhh Shame of to the Human Rights Commission then - poor bastards being put through such trying conditions.

I don't always agree with what Gary Neville says but he is true in what he is saying about these players and their attitude with regards to coaches. So far both Jose and Ole have been thrown under the bus and looks like its already started for Rangnick.

Time to flush out the weeds and get those players that what to be here.
Hang in there lads, winter solstice is over - there’ll be a bit more daylight ahead.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Imagine being a millionaire and feeling its genuinely newsworthy to tell someone that it's dark when you finish training.

They live on a completely different planet.
In fairness, what I most hated about the British winter was living in the dark.

It was dark when I left home, dark in the tube, dark walking to office, artificial lights at work and hardly any sunlight (overcast outside), then already dark as I walked to the dark tube to commute to a dark suburb.

Couldn't care less about temperature, rain or occasional snow, it was the depressing 2-3 months of darkness that served as a yearly reminder that I didn't want to stay there too long.

PS: Scandinavians probably laughing their tits off at this, but Mediterraneans and South Americans have a hard time coping with it.