Players that Should NOT Have Signed for United

redspoony

Seba Veron. I'm not a Veron hater, far from it, but his purchase disturbed the best midfield in Europe and he was always going to be something of a 5th wheel.

Magnificent player but wrong place and time for him.

Berlinknives

Mikel has to be the best signing. We made money on that affair.
Yeah but Mikel lost a lot of face Georgie Best, if he had signed for Chelsea first that lost money could've went towards a decent fourth choice centreback. I thought this thread was who for their "own interests" should not have signed for United rather than for United's interests. For example Gascoigne, Fergie may've saved his career, but frankly I don't see how anyone could, he probably would've been sold like McGrath.

Personally, I feel Mikel would've been better off not signing for United.

Arguably a controversal one is Gerard Piqué, who could've probably developed even more by just staying at Barcelona, his time at United seems to be just a spell of homesickness and or arrested development, a lot of his development came from a loan that he made while at United. Barcelona could've done that without Piqué needing to move home.

Just looking at the question without redtinted glasses.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
What was wrong with Blanc? :confused:

He'd lost all pace but still did a good job as a stop gap imo.
Exactly my thought. He was VERY last minute once Stam was sold as well. Who else were we going to buy? We needed experience. Blanc was part of the title winning side of 02/03, too.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Smith
Manucho
Miller
Djemba
Bebe