Players you had forgotten existed

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen one.

Nick Blackman. Striker who's played for Reading, Sheffield United and Derby in last 5 years. Went to play for Macaabi Tel Aviv. Had no idea he's now at Sporting Gijon and he scored the winner v Valencia tonight in the Copa Del Rey.

spwd

Not read the thread so could’ve already been posted but what happened to Kieran Richardson?

Watched highlights of our PL winning 07 campaign and Richardson featured a fair few times throughout that season and,truth to be told,he wasn't a bad player.
He had a wicked shot on him and his technical level was relatively good.You could say though that he reached his peak level during that period because since leaving United he's never shown the same ability.
Still,he was one of the first young talents at the club I got inquisitive about.Being compared to Giggs and Beckham,having been signed from West Ham amid strong interest from other PL teams while also winning the player of the tournament in a International youth cup and scoring on his first team debut in the Worthington Cup with a close range effort.Everything seemed to be aligning for Richardson to have a solid United career but as we know that never came to fruition.

RG 11

Anders Lindegaard made eight appearances for us that season. He fits right in here. Actually into his second season at Burnley now, but he hasn't played a game in the Premier League since he last played for us.
I read your post and just couldn't remember him. I googled to see a picture of him and still can't recollect him playing in a single match for United. :lol:

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Whatever happened to that Spanish striker who was banging in the goals for Swansea a cpl of seasons ago? I can't remember his name offhand but he just seems to have disappeared.

onemanarmy

That's the fella, cheers. Did he retire through injury? Seems a bit young and was highly rated at the time
Apparently so. He had one great season and that was about it I think.

Michu, the forward who helped Swansea win the League Cup in 2013, has been forced to retire at the age of 31.

Spaniard Michu top scored for the Swans with 22 goals in his first season after a £2m move from Rayo Vallecano in 2012.

However, within two years of helping Swansea finish ninth in the Premier League, he was playing fourth-flight football in Spain after a recurring ankle injury.

Michu spent the 2016-17 season with Oviedo and plans to move into coaching.

"The current state of Michu's right ankle makes it very difficult for him to take part in any sport," said a spokesman for the player.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I read your post and just couldn't remember him. I googled to see a picture of him and still can't recollect him playing in a single match for United. :lol:
There was a period when DDG wasn't doing very well, many wanted Lindegaard to be the regular nr 1.
He is also the reason why it took United fans years to learn how to spell Jesse Lindgard's name :mad:
Pun intended

Minkaro

I think he only existed so that people could confuse him with Lingard.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Don't know how to tell you this, but...
Damn you for not quoting the entire post :lol:

There was a period when DDG wasn't doing very well, many wanted Lindegaard to be the regular nr 1.
He is also the reason why it took United fans years to learn how to spell Jesse Lindgard's name :mad:
Pun intended

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Cedric Bakambu. Was doing well for Villarreal, then fecked off to China.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I remember the FA youth cup against Sheffield United that Pogba, Morrison, Keane, Tunnicliffe etc played in. They had a centre forward who's name I can't remember was by far their best player. I think he moved somewhere like Fulham ?? Always wondered what happened to him. Also David Hirsts son, we were linked to him.

|Neo|x

I remember the FA youth cup against Sheffield United that Pogba, Morrison, Keane, Tunnicliffe etc played in. They had a centre forward who's name I can't remember was by far their best player. I think he moved somewhere like Fulham ?? Always wondered what happened to him. Also David Hirsts son, we were linked to him.
Jordan Slew? I believe he turned down the chance to move to Fulham, eventually ended up at Blackburn and some lower league teams. He looked in his late 20s playing in the FA youth cup.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Jordan Slew? I believe he turned down the chance to move to Fulham, eventually ended up at Blackburn and some lower league teams. He looked in his late 20s playing in the FA youth cup.

That's the guy. Yeah it did look like he was advanced for his age and probably wouldn't become as good as he looked at that level. Looked a talent though.

galwayfa

Perry Groves arsenal, when arsenal were doing up highbury back in the day, they had murals drawn on the construction boarding behind the goals, they used to say even the murals used to give him stick.

RedIan

• Jesper Blomqvist - heard his name on talk sport today. He was in our starting 11 in the 1999 champs league final, i was in the Nou Camp for the final but would never have recalled Jesper playing, (i was pissed to be fair) he was subbed off and Teddy came on and scored the equaliser, we were still jumping around when Ole got the winner..

Classical Mechanic

Islam Feruz, former Celtic wonderkid nabbed by Chelsea is having a trial with a amateur side in Belgium. He's 23 with only 23 senior apps to his name from a series of loans. He hasn't made more than 8 app in a single season.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Nil Lamptey. Freddy Adu. David Bently.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pierre Emile Hojbjerg. He was a promising youth product at Bayern, never made it big and left.
Never even thought about him until I saw him in a game a couple of weeks back. Case in point: don’t even remember what club it was

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Perry Groves arsenal, when arsenal were doing up highbury back in the day, they had murals drawn on the construction boarding behind the goals, they used to say even the murals used to give him stick.
He's on Talksport 2-3 times a week.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pierre Emile Hojbjerg. He was a promising youth product at Bayern, never made it big and left.
Never even thought about him until I saw him in a game a couple of weeks back. Case in point: don’t even remember what club it was
Southampton's captain. :lol:

Edit: Would say Lemina is more forgotten since they changed manager. I remember MOTD going way over the top praising him after his debut.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
  • Jesper Blomqvist - heard his name on talk sport today. He was in our starting 11 in the 1999 champs league final, i was in the Nou Camp for the final but would never have recalled Jesper playing, (i was pissed to be fair) he was subbed off and Teddy came on and scored the equaliser, we were still jumping around when Ole got the winner..
Me and a mate (United fan) were talking about 90s players the other day. As soon as we got to Blomqvist we both mentioned the same thing....him always running with his hands grabbing the sleeves of the shirt. Was odd style.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Breno
Came to Bayern as a top talent (Think was highest rated BRA defending talent with Thiago Silva). Didn't work out -> set his house on fire -> left.
No idea what's about him now.

Jackson Martinez
Went to China and out of the radar.

Actually a lot of players from Hoffenheim in their first BL season.
Obasi/Ba/Carlos Eduardo/Tobias Weiss and whoever was there too.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on

R77

Breno
Came to Bayern as a top talent (Think was highest rated BRA defending talent with Thiago Silva). Didn't work out -> set his house on fire -> left.
No idea what's about him now.

Jackson Martinez
Went to China and out of the radar.

Actually a lot of players from Hoffenheim in their first BL season.
Obasi/Ba/Carlos Eduardo/Tobias Weiss and whoever was there too.
Man, some FIFA 09 legends in there. That's where I remember them from :lol:

Seems Obasi has been mostly playing in Sweden, with brief spells in China and Bolton. Carlos Eduardo went to Russia then back to Brazil. Breno I think did went to prison then to Brazil for Sao Paulo. Mainstays in my multi CL winning all conquering Wolves team!