Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What? Watch it immediately.
My favourite ever movie, it is fecking excellent.
I have a staggering back log when it comes to top movies released prior to my birth. It is a bit shameful because I have watched so much contemporary crap despite this.

Sarni

I have bought Mordor yesterday BTW. Haven't had a chance to play it yet and will probably not play until Monday.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I have a staggering back log when it comes to top movies released prior to my birth. It is a bit shameful because I have watched so much contemporary crap despite this.
My apprentice is the same, I bought him life of Brian for Xmas last year, little twats still not watched it.

Kaos

I got TLOU with my console months ago and never felt compelled to finish it. Pretty much the same for all Naughty Dog games, the last one I finished was probaby Crash Bandicoot 3 for the PSX. Maybe I'm just odd.

Beginning to think I might have picked the wrong console.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
There's nothing strange about it really. Naughty Dog games are quality but they're not for everyone (as with everything)

Solid mechanics with great cinematics wrapped around generally good stories. But they're also linear gritty affairs which can become a chore if you're not in love with what's going on.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
@Shane88

60fps completely changes the game, on top of the other enhancements of course. Tis beautiful.

Anyway, peeps, check this out;

Absolute game changer right here. :eek:
So it means that if you get Assassin's creed unity and want to play multiplayer missions with me, I can play those missions with you without buying the game? :eek:

Sweet.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Holy moly that is a sweet new feature! Nice to see a new feature as generous as that given to us out of the blue rather than being steadily chipped away as has become the norm over the years. A big step back in the right direction for gaming. I bet Weaste would be proud.

mitChley

I got TLOU with my console months ago and never felt compelled to finish it. Pretty much the same for all Naughty Dog games, the last one I finished was probaby Crash Bandicoot 3 for the PSX. Maybe I'm just odd.

Beginning to think I might have picked the wrong console.
I'm the same, I've got TLOU and just don't find the inclination to play it. I enjoy more freedom in games so console cames in general can be a little hit and miss.

vanthaman

Winner
Holy moly that is a sweet new feature! Nice to see a new feature as generous as that given to us out of the blue rather than being steadily chipped away as has become the norm over the years. A big step back in the right direction for gaming. I bet Weaste would be proud.
Wasn't that feature mentioned in the original ps4 reveal

Alock1

It's an incredibly cool feature. Interested to see how well it plays - could take a few years before it's solid. Requires both people have good connections and even then there's gonna be some lag.

However, lots use their Vitas out of the house I believe and say that for a lot of games it's more than adequate.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Yup for demo'ing, non-host doesn't need ps plus but for multi-player missions they do.

JSArsenal

I don't see the fuss about this new feature

Its basically just allowing you to do something that people have been doing for years, letting a mate borrow your game. Except it now applies to downloadable games and can be done online instead of him coming over to yours to borrow it.

Just a modern day adaptation of a long time practice. Its nice of Sony to put it in but nothing more than that.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I don't see the fuss about this new feature

Its basically just allowing you to do something that people have been doing for years, letting a mate borrow your game. Except it now applies to downloadable games and can be done online instead of him coming over to yours to borrow it.

Just a modern day adaptation of a long time practice. Its nice of Sony to put it in but nothing more than that.
And can be done half way across the world. Wanna play FIFA 15 with someone on your friends list from New York, even if they don't have the game, initiate share play. Someone on your friends list wants to test a game they don't have, initiate share play.

This is a big deal.

Alock1

And can be done half way across the world. Wanna play FIFA 15 with someone on your friends list from New York, even if they don't have the game, initiate share play. Someone on your friends list wants to test a game they don't have, initiate share play.

This is a big deal.
Well, in theory.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well, in theory.
Well the limiting factor is the connection quality and speed, not distance... Could have a better experience playing a friend from Korea than you may have playing someone from Cheshire...

Alock1

Well the limiting factor is the connection quality and speed, not distance... Could have a better experience playing a friend from Korea than you may have playing someone from Cheshire...
What, of course distance is a limiting factor.

Your example is potentially true, but it doesn't suggest distance isn't a limiting factor, just that it's only one of the limiting factors.

afrocentricity

What, of course distance is a limiting factor.

Your example is potentially true, but it doesn't suggest distance isn't a limiting factor, just that it's only one of the limiting factors.
Moreso speed and quality... let's not kick off one of our back and forths :lol:

I know what you mean tho...

Alock1

Interested to see where it goes moving forward. Microsoft obviously have plans for it on Xbox aswel, or something similar atleast as they showed Halo 4 streaming to a laptop and to a phone last year. Whether they'll do it p2p (does that work in this case with streaming? whatever) or just from their own servers though I'm unsure.

Could easily see a future where there's no hardware but the controller and other accessories and you're just using a Smart TV app and streaming.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Will this Share Play feature allow me to play Call of Duty online or is it only for offline modes?

afrocentricity

Interested to see where it goes moving forward. Microsoft obviously have plans for it on Xbox aswel, or something similar atleast as they showed Halo 4 streaming to a laptop and to a phone last year. Whether they'll do it p2p (does that work in this case with streaming? whatever) or just from their own servers though I'm unsure.

Could easily see a future where there's no hardware but the controller and other accessories and you're just using a Smart TV app and streaming.
Always online then? I don't want it to go down that route... it may do but if it does that will be what pushes me back to PC. Personally I would like for my main gaming PC/Console to handle the heavy loading client side so that I get the best possible experience if I happen to be offline. I already get pissed off with Destiny fcuking about when PSN is down... imagine if that was all my games.

Sarni

Lords of the Fallen comong out in a couple of days, I had no interest in the game before but now one of the local shops have offered it for €16 by mistake and I managed to buy one before they took the offer off. I will obviously pick it up and at least try it, if I don't like it I could still trade it for something else and receive a full price.

Sarni

I'll have it delivered on Wednesday I think. Not the sort of game that'd interest me but I'm often positively surprised by these.

JackXX

I'll have it delivered on Wednesday I think. Not the sort of game that'd interest me but I'm often positively surprised by these.
Quite tempted to get this for my PS4. Anyone know when reviews are out?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

You've been involved in discussions on here where we have talked full stream gaming! You really have a terrible memory at times :lol:

In any case, EA and the likes would have done away with the consoles this gen if they could have, it's why we are seeing everyone scramble for sign-ups now. Get as many people on the books for the future.

Redlambs

Always online then? I don't want it to go down that route... it may do but if it does that will be what pushes me back to PC. Personally I would like for my main gaming PC/Console to handle the heavy loading client side so that I get the best possible experience if I happen to be offline. I already get pissed off with Destiny fcuking about when PSN is down... imagine if that was all my games.
Both the PS4 and XB1 are designed around that as a possibility half way through this gen.

Alock1

You've been involved in discussions on here where we have talked full stream gaming! You really have a terrible memory at times :lol:
Eh? I know I have.. but the topics come up again so I mentioned my curiosity and where I thought we could potentially be headed.

Redlambs

Eh? I know I have.. but the topics come up again so I mentioned my curiosity and where I thought we could potentially be headed.
Look at the way you wrote it.

In any case, as we've discussed, that will be the future. As far back as the launch of the last gen myself and Weaste were discussing when the final generation would be. Since this generation is a half-step, it could perceivably be the last real generation, I guess it depends on how long they try to squeeze life out of this hardware. That will be harder than ever though considering the lack of real power and possible gains unlike the last gen.

Redlambs

Yeah, still don't know what you mean mate.
You wrote it like you've just had that thought "I can easily see A future". When we've already discussed that IS the future.

Hence why I reminded you of that fella, it's nothing really :lol:

In any case, like I say, that's another reason EA (for example) want to get people signed up. The second they can do away with hardware they will. (It's also why they have little interest in buying the Xbox division, though I believe they have looked at the possibility).

Redlambs

Yes but....

Consumer powah!!!!
Yeah that only goes so far. Sure there was a public backlash against M$ at the start of this gen, but all of that will come in anyway and the apathetic cod generation don't really care.

Besides some of it isn't bad for gaming anyway, I don't really care about digital distribution (other than being a huge collector) as long as it opens up more resources for creativity.

That's why I can't stand the thought of EA and Ubisoft getting their hands on bigger and bigger slices than they already have.