g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Leg-End

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Having a nightmare here, girlfriend is away till Friday so picked up Driveclub on Sunday night to play through the week, however, turns out I've ordered the last of us whilst drunk I think and it has arrived today, I've also got some overtime I'm supposed to do this week. I just don't think I have the time for work, games and a girlfriend. Something has got to go.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I've had to give up games at the moment and it's hurting. Real bad.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody else here having the issue of messages taking a while to come through? Get the notification but the message doesn't come straight through. Annoying the hell out of me, sometimes taking a few minutes to show. Seems quite a few have the issue though and it's Sony's end.
I have this problem, can be fcuking annoying. Is there a fix?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Having a nightmare here, girlfriend is away till Friday so picked up Driveclub on Sunday night to play through the week, however, turns out I've ordered the last of us whilst drunk I think and it has arrived today, I've also got some overtime I'm supposed to do this week. I just don't think I have the time for work, games and a girlfriend. Something has got to go.
I'm managing pretty well, my girlfriend has moved in last month but I still got time to play, work and spend time with her, somehow. I'll lose this good balance sooner or later though, I can feel it. I'll be buying Alien, Evil Within or Shadow of Mordor next week and that'll be the true test. I will be going back to gym from the beginning of next month which is going to make it tougher to manage.

Last edited:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
What's the latest excuse for the terrible PSN performance? The Internet is working fine here but PSN for the third time in about 10 days doesn't want me to use any online capabilities.

I miss the days of it being free because I could understand poor performance, given that I hadn't paid for the service.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What's the latest excuse for the terrible PSN performance? The Internet is working fine here but PSN for the third time in about 10 days doesn't want me to use any online capabilities.

I miss the days of it being free because I could understand poor performance, given that I hadn't paid for the service.
It really is awful. Friend lists not loading, messages taking forever to send & not being able to connect online. These are basic features for 'next-gen' consoles and are issues that should not be happening at all, but they seem very reluctant to fix it. The Driveclub debacle sums up PSN.

They also need a chat room back like the PS3, where you had to enter the room to send/receive messages.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

PlayerOne

All I want is for them to fix out the messaging. Annoying getting a message, having to click refresh then waiting 5-10 minutes to actually see what it says - or at least that's the experience in the FIFA message chat anyway.
Agreed, the social stuff are very poor. Do you have the app? I do send the messages through that, I find it better.

NinjaFletch

Only music through USB? What about movies or file transfers? We need that for PES
Yeah thats criminal.

The fact I have to plug my PS3 back in to watch movies because of that (or stream them from my laptop to the PS3) is outrageous.

PlayerOne

I'm pretty sure it is implied. They can't really come out and say "HEY LOOK !! MODIFY OFFICIAL RELEASES !!"
Ah, here's hoping!

Yeah thats criminal.

The fact I have to plug my PS3 back in to watch movies because of that (or stream them from my laptop to the PS3) is outrageous.
I know, it's insane. It's 2014 FFS! I pretty stream everything to my Chromecast, if it wasn't for that I would be fecked.

fergosaurus

Picked up one of these yesterday in Argos, cost me £330 for a bundle with Driveclub and a £10 voucher. You have to purchase it on a store card to get it for that price and you don't have to make a payment for 6 months.

It's amazing, dunno why I waited so long. Have barely left the house since I got it!

Leg-End

Picked up one of these yesterday in Argos, cost me £330 for a bundle with Driveclub and a £10 voucher. You have to purchase it on a store card to get it for that price and you don't have to make a payment for 6 months.

It's amazing, dunno why I waited so long. Have barely left the house since I got it!
Just rocking Driveclub or did you get anything else?

Leg-End

Also got Call of Duty Ghosts and Fifa 15 (which I haven't got yet, it's in the post). Anything else you'd recommend?
The Last of Us

I'm like a broken record recommending it on here. Must say I've enjoyed playing Tomb Raider recently too, can get that under £20 new.

fergosaurus

The Last of Us

I'm like a broken record recommending it on here. Must say I've enjoyed playing Tomb Raider recently too, can get that under £20 new.
The Last of Us does look good, I think my next game will be between that or Shawdow of Mordor.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Work sounds like it's unavoidable, so it's between games and your girlfriend. As always, this means you've got to consider 2 factors with regards to your girlfriend. How hot she is, and how good the sex (or her company, for the romantic amongst us) is.

So, does the new update include USB transfers? Whether or not I purchase PES 2015 depends on this.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

So..the wait for PS Plus Edition of Driveclub is taking the piss now!

And I see Tomb Raider got a mention above. I recommend it too, a steal for around 20 quid now. Great gameplay and graphics

art!

It really is, if you have a PS4 there is no excuse to not have it immediately.
This.

Not been much of a gamer in recent years but bought a PS4/Last of Us bundle on a whim. I really can't stress enough how great this game is.

Jev

Sorry to hijack the thread but just got a PS4 along with FIFA 15, The Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny and Watch Dogs.

Now, I had considered swapping FIFA for PES but I'm happy enough with this FIFA version. I'll also obviously keep The Last of Us, having not played it before (I didn't own a PS3).

However, I'm considering exchanging the other two for some other games due to mixed reviews. I'm looking at games like Battlefield 4, Shadow of Mordor, Diablo 3, Assassin's Creed 5, Oddworld and Infamous: Second Son. Any suggestions for getting the best four-game starter pack here? Or should I just keep Destiny and/or Watch Dogs?

Genres aren't too important but a good SP campaign is. Thanks.

Last edited:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I enjoyed Watch Dogs. Its not a classic but I got a good 30 odd hours out of it. And I think most people that played it got some enjoyment out of the game

Destiny is like bovril. I am addicted to the game, others think its shite

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I enjoyed Watch Dogs. Its not a classic but I got a good 30 odd hours out of it. And I think most people that played it got some enjoyment out of the game

Destiny is like bovril. I am addicted to the game, others think its shite
Watchdogs is frustrating for me. You know there's a good game there, I like the setting and idea for the story, but it's pretty poorly implemented. The hacking should be far deeper for example, it's another thing been done way better before and something that should really have been fleshed.

It's certainly worth a play through though, it's not a bad game by any means (even with the fecking terrible driving), and hopefully sets a sequel up well.

JP77

When the feck are they going to sort the state of their messaging system? It's still on and off with having to wait for messages to show up.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
When the feck are they going to sort the state of their messaging system? It's still on and off with having to wait for messages to show up.
Yeah its ridiculous. Basic things and they're fecking them up. Don't pay for online on ps3... Works perfect, add a charge when ps4 storms in and feck all works.