Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Bebe

So I gather that the focus is on gaming, but what's the inbuilt browser like? Good enough to stream United games? Unlikely I'd imagine as it's pathetic on the PS3
Haven't tried streaming a game or anything else to be fair, but the interface is fecking awful as you correctly expect. Can't see finding and viewing a stream being at all enjoyable to be honest.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
So I gather that the focus is on gaming, but what's the inbuilt browser like? Good enough to stream United games? Unlikely I'd imagine as it's pathetic on the PS3
Interface is much better and smoother than Ps3 but woudn't recommend streaming there. Not worth the hassel. Just connect your laptop to Tv. Much better and easier.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Yeah, just buy a HDMI (or use your PS3's) and stick your laptop into the TV. It's how I watch most of my games.

slir32

I caved in also traded in my ps3 and bought the PS4. I have last of us, Fifa 15 and pre ordered nba2k15. When the new Street fighter comes out on PS4 i will be one happy chap but my only concern is the PS3 Tournament edition fight stick might not work with the PS4 i really don't want to buy the new fightstick that is coming out.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
feck me, my ps4 just came and now I find out I need a hdmi compatible tv which I don't. What is the best and cheapest adapter to use it on an old tv? feckin hell I might just try return it.

SirAF

Ageist
Dunno, probably 10 years ago or so by now. It was the biggest tv out at the time.
Cool. I would upgrade to HD though, I would prefer 46" in HD ahead of 70" in SD to be honest and today you can get a very good TV for a reasonable price as well.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Cool. I would upgrade to HD though, I would prefer 46" in HD ahead of 70" in SD to be honest and today you can get a very good TV for a reasonable price as well.
As uni student with a trip to England planned and having just spent loads on a ps4 and fifa I can't afford much even at reasonable prices. I'll see if my brother will buy one. I guess as you're all saying it is about time I moved into this decade anyway. Been wanting to be able to hook my laptop up to the tele for a while to watch movies as well so it will be money well spent.

Damn though, come into ask advice on ps4 and cause bewilderment of not having a hdtv. :lol:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
As uni student with a trip to England planned and having just spent loads on a ps4 and fifa I can't afford much even at reasonable prices. I'll see if my brother will buy one. I guess as you're all saying it is about time I moved into this decade anyway. Been wanting to be able to hook my laptop up to the tele for a while to watch movies as well so it will be money well spent.

Damn though, come into ask advice on ps4 and cause bewilderment of not having a hdtv. :lol:
:lol:

I think it was less bewilderment of not having an HDTV (although I guess that is pretty rare now), it was more about having a 70" SD tv.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

I think it was less bewilderment of not having an HDTV (although I guess that is pretty rare now), it was more about having a 70" SD tv.
I would have thought everything looks like a blurry mess?

SirAF

Ageist
Dunno, I never even thought about it. From N64 to PS3 all of my consoles have used the red/white/yellow plug things. I just assumed it would be the same.

All of you are spoiled with your first world problems. SD is great.
SD is terrible to be honest!

Dan

Played Driveclub yesterday at Eurogamer, it's a lot better than when I played it last year which is a huge relief. Project Cars is pretty decent too.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So after vowing not to buy a PS4 in this thread, I have kept my resolve admirably on my day off today, by buying one.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Guys help me. @Big-Red

My PS4 is now in the Proxy Server loop. I've tried restarting the router and restarting the PS4 and restoring to default settings. I have a working wifi network and an ethernet cable plugged in. Whatever I try to do, it keeps asking me for a proxy server. If I choose "do not use" it will go to "checking network environment" and then go right back to the proxy question. If I choose use, I have to enter an address and a port number, of which I have neither. How can I get out of this loop?

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Signal strength doesn't usually mean your device is connected. It just displays the signal strength of your wi-fi.

If you're getting static ip from your isp, then you should put the ip address provided by them. I'm guessing not though, as most people have dynamic.

If you have dynamic, just put ip and primary dns server to automatic or default and put secondary dns server as 8.8.8.8.

Leg-End

PS+ Update - Coming 8th October

PS4

DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Spelunky

PS3

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

PS Vita

Rainbow Moon
Pix the Cat

--------------------

Heard good things about Dust and Spelunky so actually with Driveclub too thats not a bad month for PS4, poor month for PS3/Vita though....Batman? That games like 5 years old now. Rainbow Moon is actually pretty good and its crossbuy for PS3 I think.

JP77

Anybody else here having the issue of messages taking a while to come through? Get the notification but the message doesn't come straight through. Annoying the hell out of me, sometimes taking a few minutes to show. Seems quite a few have the issue though and it's Sony's end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody else here having the issue of messages taking a while to come through? Get the notification but the message doesn't come straight through. Annoying the hell out of me, sometimes taking a few minutes to show. Seems quite a few have the issue though and it's Sony's end.
Yeah same here, I quite often get the replies coming through like 8 minutes later. Don't know why as the PS3 messaging system worked fine.

Coxy

PS+ Update - Coming 8th October

--------------------

Heard good things about Dust and Spelunky so actually with Driveclub too thats not a bad month for PS4, poor month for PS3/Vita though....Batman? That games like 5 years old now. Rainbow Moon is actually pretty good and its crossbuy for PS3 I think.
Might be 5 years old - but if you haven't played it yet (and yes not everyone will have played it...) then it's a great game to get free.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Might be 5 years old - but if you haven't played it yet (and yes not everyone will have played it...) then it's a great game to get free.
It's an old one but its still the best Batman game for me.

Also I'm off to Evo Studios on Saturday for some Driveclub event, I'll let you all know how good it is!

Obligatory Driveclub gifs.

Last edited:

Leg-End

I've pre-ordered Driveclub, to hell with the PS+ edition, I'm all in.