Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
As uni student with a trip to England planned and having just spent loads on a ps4 and fifa I can't afford much even at reasonable prices. I'll see if my brother will buy one. I guess as you're all saying it is about time I moved into this decade anyway. Been wanting to be able to hook my laptop up to the tele for a while to watch movies as well so it will be money well spent.

Damn though, come into ask advice on ps4 and cause bewilderment of not having a hdtv. :lol:
:lol:

You should be able to pick up a LED FHD tv for peanuts these days. Ultra HD is currently the overpriced gadget on the market. Good luck mate. Well worth it though

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

This one is absolutely unbelievable! Can't wait to try it next week.

CallyRed

Got home from work to find my PS4 waiting for me.

Goodbye the outside world.

Jonno

I got my PS4 on Tuesday lunchtime with Fifa 15, The Last of Us: Remastered, a starter pack (headphones, stand, charger dock), and 12 months PS+ subscription all for £389.

Since Tuesday, I have done a short flexi day Wednesday, worked from home Thursday, and Im doing a short day today. It has taken over my life.

I saw on XboxOne, you can have a small box in the corner of your screen with TV playing live, whilst you game. Is this/will this be available on PS4?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
No plans for that on PS4 as far as I know. Cant see the appeal in that myself either, it would ruin any sense of immersion in whatever game I'm playing, same goes for watching the telly, if im watching something I'd rather actually watch it than have my attention split between two screens.

Leg-End

Man, if this drives well its gonna be tough to put down. It's pretty awesome that this is a year one PS4 game, Gran Turismo is going to have to go some to beat this in terms of looks.....unless it matches it with 60fps.

Alock1

Man, if this drives well its gonna be tough to put down. It's pretty awesome that this is a year one PS4 game, Gran Turismo is going to have to go some to beat this in terms of looks.....unless it matches it with 60fps.
Another great gif. Still, I think my favourite out of all is the one I posted up the page. Just for that exhaust smoke flying across the screen. Wasn't expecting that at all.

I think it'll drive really well to be fair. Expecting it to be very similar to Grid 2 which was a mix between arcade and sim and all about the closed track circuits. Good game.

Still, I worry about the scope of them. They're not wacky enough to offer up new fun forever despite playing tracks over and over, and they're not sim enough to me (dunno about everyone else) to really care about learning the ins and outs of every car and every track in an aim to improve my score by every ms.

That's what happened to me with Grid 2, I did about 50% and gave up. Admittedly, 50% was something like 200 races so you know.. it was still a hell of a lot of time before I stopped.

Alock1

Yeah, well they've said it's not a proper sim. But it's not like a NFS either.

Like I said, think Grid 2 or Forza Horizon.

Leg-End

Yeah, well they've said it's not a proper sim. But it's not like a NFS either.

Like I said, think Grid 2 or Forza Horizon.
The sweet spot would be something between Grid 2 and GT6, give me that and I'm more than happy with it for a console racer.

Grid 2 suffered a bit too much from Codemasters-itis for me, they totally neglect the importance of the brake pedal.

Alock1

Burnout or Road Rash or Ridge Racer or Blur

Or PGR

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
My ps4 isn't accepting any disks and it keeps making an ejecting sound. :(

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
If only there was some all knowing Sony expert who was never off this site to be on hand to help you, no i can't recall anyone like that at all.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
It's ok I just turned it vertically.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
That was the joke i must not of put it across very well :(
:lol: Nah it's probably my fault, I don't pick up on these things that well.

Alright, Weaste answer...

"Stop sticking your prick in the slot and it'll work fine, the PS4 is perfect, impeachable, magnificent. Heil Sony!"
It's like he's still here.

Leg-End

My ps4 isn't accepting any disks and it keeps making an ejecting sound. :(
Power it completely off and after 30 seconds unplug the power cord from the back for atleast 3 minutes.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Just back from the event and the final game is brilliant. Managed to try a dev build with the weather too and it really does add to the experience. Not just visually too.

They've done a fantastic job with the time afforded due to the delay. They have lots of content planned too post release.

Best thing too is a I won a copy the gsme and a T80 Wheel to boot :)

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
There was talk of an official thing you could plug into a telly in another room to extend the playstation into another room at one point. Did anything ever come of it?

Coxy

anyone got the PS4 camera? is it worth buying?

i.e. and decent games or anything worth having it for...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Oh, it also has a slot for Vita games.
Not all of them are going to work though. I'll buy it around Christmas, now my girlfriend's moved in with me I'd rather have an option to move to the other room and play PS4 games on a TV rather than constantly use Remote Play when she's watching TV.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Not all of them are going to work though. I'll buy it around Christmas, now my girlfriend's moved in with me I'd rather have an option to move to the other room and play PS4 games on a TV rather than constantly use Remote Play when she's watching TV.
Yeah, the ones that need the gyroscope, camera or touchscreens, I guess? Maybe there are work arounds for ones that are less vital features.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah, the ones that need the gyroscope, camera or touchscreens, I guess? Maybe there are work arounds for ones that are less vital features.
Yeah, there is a list of games that don't support it somewhere though they will probably patch them. It will be a good entry level console for kids, £80 is nothing and it plays Vita/PSP/PS Store games well, it will have PS now too.