Gaming PlayStation 4 (Console)

WeasteDevil

Well it's Sony's new way of ripping us off. To fully appreciate the games, you need a bendy (or curve) 3D tv, that's why it's even more powerful than Weaste expected, so it can output 1080c (curve).

It's all a bit pointless, but that the future for you!
They actually showed GT5 at CES running in 4K and 3D. At what framerate, I don't know.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What the feck is a bendy curve 3d tv? I'm well out of the tech loop.

So, you think the ps4 is going to be around £400? Any idea's about the new xbox? I'll probably get both anyway.

Bebe

There's no way ill be buying a new system in its first year. There won't be much in the way of games that are significantly better than the current gen anyways. Not to mention hardware failure concerns. I'll wait for devs to start mastering the new systems and a price drop before getting a PS4 or xbox whatever.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'll buy the PS4 if Uncharted 4 is a release title, otherwise I will be waiting. Bought the PS3 the day it was released and didn't have any great games to play on it for several months.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It wouldn't surprise me.

Thing is, it's going to cost a bomb and the games won't be anything new. I'll just slightly update my PC to once again be vastly superior and wait until the prices come down for this/720.
I'd guess that neither the 720 or PS4 will launch at more than ~£350 or they'll have a 'basic' sku which will be under that price tag. We all know that Microsoft can afford to take a hit on the hardware sales but can sony really afford to do that with the state that they're in?

Can either you or weaste shed any light on the rumours that the PS4 will pack GPU slightly above the highest spec available on the market right now for the PC?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'd guess that neither the 720 or PS4 will launch at more than ~£350 or they'll have a 'basic' sku which will be under that price tag. We all know that Microsoft can afford to take a hit on the hardware sales but can sony really afford to do that with the state that they're in?
I think the main unit will be higher than that.

Can either you or weaste shed any light on the rumours that the PS4 will pack GPU slightly above the highest spec available on the market right now for the PC?
It'll be a variant of one of the cards available today, though not the top range one. Probably a few down clocked differently. Remember though, the system is much more streamlined, so they don't need some of the high level memory and buffering stuff PC's do (for example).

Today's PC cards couple with a mid-high level processor should outperform both the PS4/720. I'd be very surprised otherwise, and people will be very out of pocket...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Scratch that, it was 3D and also Simulview on a 3D TV, so two players at once without the need to split the screen.
How does that work? Glasses like the 3d ones, but each pair only has one lense in (both lenses the same)?

Such as, 3d glasses = lense A and B
1st player glasses = AA
2nd player glasses = AB

So, no 3d, 2 player gaming unless you play split screen? :s And you need a billion pairs of glasses? :p

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Sony forgets that it's the game that makes the consoles, at least for me.

The thing that makes me buys a PS3 is the game (FF,RE,etc)

There's no point having a 3D graphics and all those fancy stuffs when the game haven't catch up with it and making shit games just for the sake of it.

Good games needs months to develop, specially when it's a new console.

I'ma enjoy PS3 since the price will go down substantially, and probably 2 years from now I'll get a PS4 (hopefully it's jailbroken by then)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
So you are moaning about the games, but want to steal them?

Yeah, that makes sense.
Nope, I want to report them to the authority

On the serious note, Games should be priced differently in various nations according to level of incomes,

You don't expect people to buy original games where one game cost a quarter of a month regular salary.

I'd buy them if they're priced reasonably (ala apple shop depending on location).

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I hope the PS4 will have that glossy black finish that the PS3 originally had. Makes it look more classy, beautiful and worth your money rather than the plastic look the PS3 slim currently has.

CircusMonkey

'flogging a dead horse' the industry is stale. Although i am sure the masses will flock around waving arms telling us how it 'pisses over (incert rival console)' while the launch titles will be the same generic shite they have been regurgitating for the last 10 years.

I live in hope that we will one day see the reemergence of the creative innovative independent software house, motivated by what they could create as opposed to how many units the money men project they need to shift.

I always daydream with the technology available what kind of games could be made, i often fantasize about a Planscape torment remake or Baldur's gate 3 incorporating the scale of skyrim.
one can dream.

Redlambs

Nope, I want to report them to the authority

On the serious note, Games should be priced differently in various nations according to level of incomes,

You don't expect people to buy original games where one game cost a quarter of a month regular salary.

I'd buy them if they're priced reasonably (ala apple shop depending on location).
So why don't you just steal a PS4 then? Why wait?

I agree about the pricing level though. Mind you if they cost that much, you should just get a semi-decent PC and use Steam instead.

Redlambs

'flogging a dead horse' the industry is stale. Although i am sure the masses will flock around waving arms telling us how it 'pisses over (incert rival console)' while the launch titles will be the same generic shite they have been regurgitating for the last 10 years.

I live in hope that we will one day see the reemergence of the creative innovative independent software house, motivated by what they could create as opposed to how many units the money men project they need to shift.

I always daydream with the technology available what kind of games could be made, i often fantasize about a Planscape torment remake or Baldur's gate 3 incorporating the scale of skyrim.
one can dream.
Yep. You should read the last page or two of the 'Anticipated games of 2013' thread, I cover this there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
So why don't you just steal a PS4 then? Why wait?

I agree about the pricing level though. Mind you if they cost that much, you should just get a semi-decent PC and use Steam instead.
on the contrary, i've bought my fair share of original games

Although you probably won't believe me.

But some of the dross i've played no more than 10 minutes before dusting it isn't worth $49

Redlambs

on the contrary, i've bought my fair share of original games

Although you probably won't believe me.

But some of the dross i've played no more than 10 minutes before dusting it isn't worth $49
To be honest, I don't care. I've no reason to doubt you at all, besides even if you do steal all your games, whilst I'm against that (having lost out money myself because of it), I'm not going to judge and have a problem with it.

It was just strange moaning about the quality of games in the same post as talking about jailbreaking ;)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
To be honest, I don't care. I've no reason to doubt you at all, besides even if you do steal all your games, whilst I'm against that (having lost out money myself because of it), I'm not going to judge and have a problem with it.

It was just strange moaning about the quality of games in the same post as talking about jailbreaking ;)
I know, let those who has not MP3 cast the first stone.

I heard about your gaming stories, and I do feel sorry, specially for independent gaming industries, they should be rewarded and normally I just pay for those games, because to be frank, they're charging a reasonable amount. Mount and Blade, Minecraft comes to mind.

It's the FIFA XIII, RE VI, and all those good for nothing franchises that turns me off, they offer no thoughts in their game but fancy graphics, but the game play is stale as bread

Castia

Wouldn't be surprised to see both consoles unveiled before E3 in June but not a chance it's going to be released in May.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
$400? It would be nice but I would be surprised if that was the case, expect these to be priced ludicrously at launch.

WeasteDevil

If I said it's basically a PS3 with RSX swapped out for an AMD APU with 2GB of GDDR5 RAM and a full SCC you'd call me a troll wouldn't you Lambs? Cell is modified and has 512MB of XDR (bus is no longer 56 bit).

The Neviller

Scratch that, it was 3D and also Simulview on a 3D TV, so two players at once without the need to split the screen.
How does that work? Glasses like the 3d ones, but each pair only has one lense in (both lenses the same)?

Such as, 3d glasses = lense A and B
1st player glasses = AA
2nd player glasses = AB

So, no 3d, 2 player gaming unless you play split screen? :s And you need a billion pairs of glasses? :p
As I said, that depends on the refresh rate. At CES I believe that they were using the 3D technology to do the Simulview, not simulview with 3D as well.
My TV already does this. Are Sony making a big deal out of this simulview thing?

The Neviller

It's where, if you were wearing the goggles, two people could say watch two different channels at the same time. Sony just did it in 4K with GT5!
The glasses I have let you play two player games without split screen. Have Sony just taken that up a notch then?