Gaming PlayStation 5

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I’m wondering if there’s a problem with my triggers. On Astro’s Playroom I’m in the ps1 room and there’s a grabber machine it tells you to hold L2 and I do but it doesn’t finish what it’s supposed to do. Same with the monkey climbing up the wall in the Gardens. He climbs the first 2 but then won’t go any further? I could just bring being stupid and doing something wrong I’m not sure.
You need to put pressure on the triggers to get past the stopper they have put in. Are you pressing them all the way down?

2E_MUFC

You need to put pressure on the triggers to get past the stopper they have put in. Are you pressing them all the way down?
I’ll try again tomorrow but yeah Im pretty sure I was pressing them all the way in for sure. Like a previous reply maybe you have to move the controller also.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How good does Spider-Man look on ps5!

I’m usually all about performance but I can’t turn the ray tracing stuff off it looks incredible.
I can’t make my mind up! It looks so glorious in 60fps but fidelity mode seems to look slightly better.

fergosaurus

Looking like another day of PS5 famine for me. DPD tracking says it's still in Birmingham and hasn't moved since 2:57am on 19th. Just waiting for an update that it's been lost/stolen. :annoyed:

Castia

Seeing horror stories about Amazon UK and multiple consoles being stolen.....bastards.

People opening boxes to cat food and stuff.

Woodzy

Looks like mine is arriving tomorrow. Not too bad.

Looking forward to it. Love my XSX but I feel like this is going to be what feels next gen.

ovoxo

I’m wondering if there’s a problem with my triggers. On Astro’s Playroom I’m in the ps1 room and there’s a grabber machine it tells you to hold L2 and I do but it doesn’t finish what it’s supposed to do. Same with the monkey climbing up the wall in the Gardens. He climbs the first 2 but then won’t go any further? I could just bring being stupid and doing something wrong I’m not sure.
For the grabber machine I thought the same for a while, but then I realised I didn’t have enough coins to do it. That’s not the issue is it?

Anyone played COD Cold War? Thinking about picking it up, I haven’t played COD for years, but the adaptive triggers seem like fun!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The DS5 sure is a lot bigger compared to the DS4. Going to take a while to adjust I think.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
My thoughts after (half) a day is that it's great, especially the Dualsense which is a potential game changer, and nice and quiet. It just feels more next gen than the PS4 or even PS3 did. I think I'd need to go back to the PS2 for the last time I felt there was a "bump" this big.

But it's still a big fat ugly monster.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@Alock1 Current set up (as I said, ignore the horrible cable management! I keep moving things around and haven't settled on a layout yet)

Also a small, and I mean very small, fraction of the games we currently have out to hand. (360/Gamecube ones are behind :lol:)
Out of curiosity, what do you use the Wii-U for?

You've got as many consoles out as I did just a few weeks back, except I had an ornamental Wii that hadn't been used in about 5 years on its ledge, too. :lol:

Do you use them all regularly? Had nine where they were as habit more than anything.
What? That whole back row is 360 with a stack of Gamecube! (did you spot the cube?) :lol: My boner stuff is with my brother.

Like I said, that's a fraction mate, one day I hope to get a room where I can get my entire collection out. I'll have to find it all first, some of my more obscure stuff (Jaguar, TurboGFX, etc) are in lofts round family's places :lol:
Ha. Me too! Two N64's - one Jap with step down - and a set of SNES/Super Famicom all stacked away in various relatives houses.
That's the dream! If you factor in the computers like the speccy, C64, Amiga, Atari...etc and all those games, I have a hell of a lot of gear. Funny thing is, I've never even considered myself a collector, I just don't sell games/machines.

Oh and my gamecube is under the tv, can you spot it? Somewhere down the line I'll put that next to my Yaroze and see if anyone on here truly knows their gaming stuff ;)
Wish I'd kept my old computers. Alas, not to be. Bet the game stacks for the ST and Amiga are ridiculous. All originals?

b82REZ

For the first time since I was primary school, I woke up this morning and played my PlayStation for about half an hour before I set off to work. I'm absolutely blown away by it.

Deery

Dreary
For the first time since I was primary school, I woke up this morning and played my PlayStation for about half an hour before I set off to work. I'm absolutely blown away by it.
You had to go to work when you were in primary school?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
When is it realistic that stock will be readily-ish available by? I guess early 2021? Also any way of finding out when stores like JL will be releasing stock batches?

Thanks

Baneofthegame

After I installed all my games, had a quick go on warzone to compare with the PS4 and it was great.

Going to try Valhalla after work today.

Adam-Utd

One lovely bonus is things seem to download/install/copy a hell of a lot faster than the PS4 did, that in itself is worth the money :lol:

Tiber

Mine was finally confirmed at depot a few mins ago. Hopefully they get it on the van asap and get it out today

fergosaurus

@Tiber I checked DPD IE and mine showed it was scanned in France also. I then contacted live chats of both and neither explained why that was but said the tracking info would update at 12pm. I literally got a text confirming my delivery window time today while I was on the chat so if you haven't received one yet I'm sure you will soon.

rotherham_red

Get on their forum. Still might not get a reply for a long time but it seems to be the only way to get through to someone at virgin
Thanks mate, I only just seen this message now but I finally did get through to someone this morning on the phone. It seems it's a performance issue affecting an isolated number of people in my area and the engineers are looking into it but he couldn't tell me when they knew about it and how long they've been working on it. So I've got no idea how long the issue will persist.

What's even more annoying is that we have about ten people living in the house at the moment and we're all isolating because of multiple cases of Covid in the family. The kids need to go to school, the adults need to WFH and the 2 days of A/L I took for the PS5 are now being spent trying to sort the bastard internet out :mad:

Tiber

@Tiber I checked DPD IE and mine showed it was scanned in France also. I then contacted live chats of both and neither explained why that was but said the tracking info would update at 12pm. I literally got a text confirming my delivery window time today while I was on the chat so if you haven't received one yet I'm sure you will soon.
Thanks for this.

The DDP IE app seems useless compared to the UK one. It still says 'we expect to receive the parcel from the sender soon' whereas the UK app confirms it was scanned into the NI depot

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Mine was finally confirmed at depot a few mins ago. Hopefully they get it on the van asap and get it out today
Good luck to you both.

fergosaurus

Thanks for this.

The DDP IE app seems useless compared to the UK one. It still says 'we expect to receive the parcel from the sender soon' whereas the UK app confirms it was scanned into the NI depot
Yeah it is useless, it had me panicking when I checked this morning and saw the last scan in bloody France :lol:

Good luck to you both.
Cheers.

littlepeasoup

Going to give No Man's Sky another go with their PS5 upgrade. Haven't played since the original came out way back when, so I'm really interested to see all the changes they've made.

Saving MM for tonight and the weekend when I can really get my teeth stuck into it.

Adam-Utd

Also my PS5 is virtually silent today, so not sure what’s going on. Can only hear it if I’m putting my ear next to it.
It's noisier when you're installing games from the CD but when actually playing it's silent.

b82REZ

Also my PS5 is virtually silent today, so not sure what’s going on. Can only hear it if I’m putting my ear next to it.
Admittedly it is noisier than I expected when installing discs, but beyond that it's absolutely silent.

Tiber

Annoyingly I didn't get a text with a Delivery window, but mine has been out for delivery for about an hour